Gir is driving me up the wall!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, making fun of poor little Gir as he begs for a cheerio.

Now I just have to say Gir! Up! while near the cheerio box and he will stand up on his hind legs =D

He is being a terror AGAIN this morning. But mad because Icaught him behind the TV again so locked him up, so he is tearing apartthe cage. Grrr. Gunna go to Pier one and get somegrass rugs to cover the now bald spot in the carpet

When bub and I were camping he decided I neededto wake up. I rolled over and saw him standing with one foot on thewire, his lips wrapped around another cage wire, and one bright browneye cocked in my direction, waiting for me to move.

Then....

BANG BANG BANG!!

Rose

Cept your Bub is a LOT bigger then Gir will ever be hehe.

He definitely is gunna be a small fry. Even with the amountof food he eats, he is still about 1.5lbs. and currently heis a little angel, belly up next to Guin. Of course... theminute I try to go to sleep... BANG BANG DIG DIG CLANG CLANG JINGLE

yeah, bub does have more weight to throw around. Unfortunately! Last time he was 1.5 lbs, he was about 4 wks old! hehehe

big bun, big trouble!! but it's amazing how much noise they make, no matter what size!

Rose

Yeah I hear that. although I bought agrass placemat at Pier 1 yesterday and Gir can no longer access thecarpet in the cage he rips, so I dont have to deal with that.

But once again he figured out how to get behind the dang TV when I wasnt looking. Egads!:shock:

Aha!

I spent the past couple of days (not online for a change) figuring outways to foil Gir's plots to get behind the cage.

With my handy dandy dremel... I cut away a chunk of spare cage materialto fit in the itty bitty hole he was squeezing through. Andboy was he mad! He spent play time digging and chewing andkicking at the barrier. Then proceeded to make as much noiseto voice his displeasure.

Of course, now he is back to being an angel, laying sprawled out next to Guinevere.

But if I was to sneak over there with the camera, he'd bolt away fromme. Mr Macho doesnt like to be caught by the papparazi whenhe is spending quality time with his girlfriend.

Seriously... I try to take a picture of him grooming Guin, and heimmediatly stops when he sees me. Even if i just want towatch. :X

And the demon rabbit culminates the night... by face humping poor Guinevere.

Took him a few tries, but he now not only sniffs the poor Queen's rearend, but takes things to the next level. :shock:

Guinevere either takes it, or sticks her butt in the corner where he cant get it...

Oh how I cant wait until I can get him neutered! Guin cameand hid behind me for a little while tonight, since I chased Gir awayfrom her whenever he got close.

And Shawn is like "If he is old enough to hump then he is old enough to neuter!"

Oi... Since he is a small breed, and I have heard they mature faster heis still too young to fix. Between 4-5 monthsold. Hard to tell since he is such a little guy.

Oi! I guess this behavior isnt the worst his hormones could be showing, but still. It is rude :D

And yet another chapter in the saga that is Gir...

We let him out today as we usually do. he's hopping aroundhaving fun. Well I went to the supermarket and when I comehome, Shawn is swearing up a storm. Gir had bit through awire to his computer that makes his wireless mouse and keyboardwork. How he got into the very small space to get to the wireis annoying the beejesus outta me. He seems to WANT to getinto trouble.

Well Shawn was rummaging under the cage to get hay to put into the hayrack when Gir jumped hissing and grunting at him. Shawnpinned him, squealed and made a ruckus. Shawn lifted up, Girjumped at his hand, bit and wouldnt let go, he started clawing his backfeet at Shawn, I stepped in to get Gir off, he ran up my arm and clawedmy face to get at my hair.

He jumped off, and ran to a corner where he screamed at us.So we pinned him again and held him down for at least aminute. Since that little incident he has been calm, and evenloving. I dangled a cat toy at him and he boxed at it,grunted but didnt make an effort to bite.

I am really hoping this aggression ebbs a bit when he gets neutered, because we cant have him biting.

This behavior happens in spurts. He is like Jekyll and MrHyde. One minute he is the sweet baby that came into ourhome, the next he is an aggressive bun. Our policywith Camelot is if you are out of your cage, it is the human territoryand if we wanna scoop you up for a cuddle, that is our right.We dont yank the buns out of their house unless there is a reason (likeneeding to clean out litter boxes without lagomorph help)

Aie, he is just driving me nuts. He is less aggressive to methen he is to Shawn, makes me wonder if it is a male thing. Ijust dont know what to do with him :(

Latest posts

Back