Gir is driving me up the wall!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
My goodness this rabbit has a LOT of energy! So much for sleeping in today.

My fiance goes to work at 5am. And of course he gives thebuns a cheerio before he leaves. But he wakes me up in theprocess :(

Well this morning, Gir wanted OUT. He was making all sorts ofruckus to wake me up. So I finally got up, opened the cageand he was off.

Dozed back off. Well about 30 minutes later, I hearBOOM. Bolt awake, look around and there is Gir, on top of thecomputer desk pushing off my fiance's books. Grumbling I takehim, put him back in the cage and crawl back into bed. Guinis watching all this from the third floor mind you.

Well about 30 minutes later I hear another sound, get up and look, andthe little devil is behind the TV. He jumped the barrier in avery narrow space to get there. So I scare him out, then pilepillows and blankets in that crawl space so he cant leap over thebarrier. And now he is playing make as much noise as I canwith the vertical blinds!

Never had a bun with such a high level of energy! :shock:

But on the upside.. he let me snuggle with him for a whole ten minutes before he was gone again.

Thats funny. He must have thought u had enoughsleep. He says wake up and feed me more cherrios now!!!Please mommyi love you!!!

Cristy

I'm hard-pressed to believe that innocent little face could be anything but angelic.

You're telling tall tales, bunsforlife.

-Carolyn

I think RaspberrySwirl has been warning her aboutthe bunny nappers that lurk around (cough-BunnyMommy-cough) and istrying to keep them from stealing Gir.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
I think RaspberrySwirl has been warning her about the bunnynappers that lurk around (cough-BunnyMommy-cough) and is trying to keepthem from stealing Gir.

That sounds about right, Laura.

Raspberry can't be trusted either.

-Carolyn

That innocent little face is nothin! Hemay look cute and cuddly... but he is like a 2yr old on a sugarhigh!

He is such a little troublemaker! Cute but a handful ;)

I still love him to death tho... watching him binky and do Bunny 500sall over the room is just great, but when he will get into everythinghe isnt supposed to. I think he is part monkey!

Before we moved Gir in, Guin's upper floor didnt have a square coveringit. She would never dream of climbing out. Well Ifound Gir climbing down from the top floor of the bunny condo to getbehind it, in order to get where the computer wires were.Problem was, he got Stuck! So Shawn and I had to move theENTIRE cage to get him out.

And I think Guin was his accomplice on this one... somehow he got outof the locked cage... and this was after I made sure the ceiling wasGir proof.

He climbs everywhere, and MAN he can jump high!

My room was bunny proofed... but now it has to be GIR proofed!

I was thinking of creating a fence for a bunny toincrease the area he can safely play in, what do you think I shoulduse? cardboard?

Well I have the bed blocked off (Guin loved itunder there, but was chewing on stuff) and I use the Little CritterPlay Pen from Walmart to block it off. Only problem is, itcan easily be jumped over if it isnt against a wall or a bedframehehe. The do sell higher playpens for like puppies and biggeranimals, but those were too expensive for my taste.

It really depends on the room, I covered any available wires inaquarium tubings, and blocked off any other areas with whatever washandy hehe. The TV was blocked off with just a side of thematerial I used to make the cage before Gir, but now it is stuffed withblankets.

There's no way that this little baby can be anything but harmless and pure.

attachment.php

Look at that face!

TALL TALES, I'm tellin you! Nothing but Tall Tales!

-Carolyn

bunsforlife wrote:
Well I have the bed blocked off (Guin loved it under there, butwas chewing on stuff) and I use the Little Critter Play Pen fromWalmart to block it off. Only problem is, it can easily be jumped overif it isnt against a wall or a bedframe hehe. The do sell higherplaypens for like puppies and bigger animals, but those were tooexpensive for my taste.

It really depends on the room, I covered any available wires inaquarium tubings, and blocked off any other areas with whatever washandy hehe. The TV was blocked off with just a side of the material Iused to make the cage before Gir, but now it is stuffed with blankets.

Thank for advice, Chernish does not jump over stuff, he is afraid ofheights, I think. I should look at playpans or maybe make one out ofstuff. All I need is to block the entrance to the kitchen-rest of theapartment and to the plants in the room. Although I doubt he'll leavethe area around his cage since he does not like the floor.

Look at this face... and tell me if you think he is so precious =p

He pushed the box over himself! I woke up to hearing crinkle crinkle crinkle

He is such an imp!

AnneS,

I use a baby gate to keep my little trouble makers out of thebedroom. It works very well. I had gotten a swinggate so that I didn't have to constantly step over it.

-Carolyn

Baby boy just needed his breakfast and you weren't fast enough!

Poorlittle fella!

;)

-Carolyn

Yeah... after everyone made jokes about his belly too :D
cheerios.jpg

OKay.. now I am using this thread to post pictures... which I think aredoing the opposite of showing what a terror he is... and making you allthink that he is anangel

Well he is my babystill

Oh, Oh, Oh! MyTummyhurts! This is not a normal bunny picture! Thatdoesn't even look like a bunny! I'm just dying here! Ihave to go collect myself...

Raspberry

cheerios.jpg

I think he is the cutest little baby bunny. But Ithink you can see that he is a trouble maker, just like you can see itby looking at some little boys.

Latest posts

Back