GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm supposed to be asleep right now, but I jumped up and ran to the computer to check on my baby ... and find this.

Oh, Carolyn ... I'm so full right now. Really don't know what to say.

Will keep praying. This is too much for me. Sorryto be so brief. Will post again when I composemyself.

Will try to phone you again this afternoon before I go to work.

This waiting must be horrible. I hope Tucker will get better. You are doing the best you can to take care of him.

Hope we hear something soon. Tucker hasbeen through so much -- can't believe he's been hit withthis. Our little guy is strong and he *will* pull throughthis!!!

Pam

Oh my... AndI was thinking that things could only get better! Oh CarolynI'm so sorry this had to happen. The two of you have probablygone through more than many of us here on the boards have.There really is still hope. As long as he's alive there'ssomething to cling to. I've seen quite a few tough littleanimals pull through things like this before. It's possible,and I just know Tucker will do the same. And don't worryabout getting emotional over it, because it's better to let out whatyou're feeling than to keep it all in. I wish I could be ofmore help than just saying(or in this case typing)words; butright now it's all I've got. Hang in there!

--Melissa and Umbra

I know I haven't posted for ages and I can hardlyget to a computer at the moment but I logged on yesterday very brieflyand read this thread because it was from Caroline and I always readthose first. I couldn't believe it at first, notTucker,I was close to tears all the way through. I've beenpraying for you both these last twenty four hours and I really hoped itwas going to be good news when I logged on again today especially tofind out. I was so hopeful and then this last thing on top of the rest,I don't know what to say, except that I'm still praying very hard thatdarling Tucker is going to be ok.

Love

Kate

It's nice to see you posting, Rowan, and I'm particularly grateful that you responded to this thread.

Dearest Friends and Chosen Family,

By some miracle, Tucker seems to have made as far of a completerecovery as I can tell. His head isn't tilted anymore, his eye isfunctioning as it should. His poops are just shy of their normal size,he's eating and drinking.

I can't believe it. After getting so hyped up last night and thenwaking up and seeing the head tilt this morning, I'm very reservedabout getting excited again.

I really think that this morning, whatever it was that was going onwith him, was answered by the power of prayer. Don't know if it wasstress, a pulled muscle, a slight stroke.

I haven't taken him out of the cage yet because I didn't want to stresshim out while chasing after him if/when he needed another treatment. Ithink Tucker's withstood all that he can take of this, and I'm quitewith him on that emotion.

Will post again and let you know how his balance, etc., is when he gets out and exercises.

Words can express how grateful I am to have you walk this path with me.

Much Love,
-Carolyn

Thank goodness. It seems he is on the road torecovery, although like you, after another scare, I don't want to jumpthe gun again.

At least he's passing his poop and is eating/drinking again. I thinkthat poor guy has been nothing but stressed out, what with how he'sbeen feeling and the treatments. You know that saying, something alongthe lines of sometimes the treatment being worse than the cure. Orsomething like that....

Here's some flowers for you two. :)

Thats good that things seem better for him. i amso happy to hear that for you and Tucker. Hope he continue's gettingbetter. Maybe he finally just decided he might as well eat sohis mommy will give him a moment of peace. :)

Cristy

Here you go, Carolyn. Gerbera Daisies are my favorite flower, they always bring a smile to my face.

0002554241096_215X215.jpg

Maybe he just pulled a muscle with all therunning around trying to avoid treatments? Just keep an eyeon him! We are all still praying for ya Carolyn, and ofcourse for Tucker.

:(Oh no Carolyn! I hopped on today andread all that good news and was all hyped that he was good! Then I readabout his head tilt and my heart fell. I'm so worried about your littleman! You and Tucker will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up thegreat work Carolyn, Tucker would appreciate it if he understood. Tucksis a fighter, so keep your head up.

What an emotional roller coaster!!!Very glad to hear the most recent update and praying for little Tuck'scomplete recovery!

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
It'snice to see you posting, Rowan, and I'm particularly grateful that youresponded to this thread.

Dearest Friends and Chosen Family,

By some miracle, Tucker seems to have made as far of a completerecovery as I can tell. His head isn't tilted anymore, his eye isfunctioning as it should. His poops are just shy of their normal size,he's eating and drinking.

I can't believe it. After getting so hyped up last night and thenwaking up and seeing the head tilt this morning, I'm very reservedabout getting excited again.

I really think that this morning, whatever it was that was going onwith him, was answered by the power of prayer. Don't know if it wasstress, a pulled muscle, a slight stroke.

I haven't taken him out of the cage yet because I didn't want to stresshim out while chasing after him if/when he needed another treatment. Ithink Tucker's withstood all that he can take of this, and I'm quitewith him on that emotion.

Will post again and let you know how his balance, etc., is when he gets out and exercises.

Words can express how grateful I am to have you walk this path with me.

Much Love,
-Carolyn
?

Oh thank the Lord!!! I was so worried!!!! I seriously was. My heartnearly stopped i was so frightened to read that it was bad news.

Well done my lil man! knew u could do it!

Loadza luv

and hugs

and kisses

Lauren!!

?

I spoke withCarolyn a little while ago and she is cautiously optimistic at thispoint. For obvious reasons she hates to say that Tucker is out of thewoods when it seems that she just keeps getting thrown curve balls. Shesounds exhausted, emotionally and physically, but ever so grateful forthe prayers and support of those on this forum. Keep the two of them inyour thoughts and wish for them a quiet and restful weekend.- Raspberry

I would be exhausted too. I'm exhaustedfor her. What a terrible situation. I won't be backon the board until Monday now. Carolyn, I hopethings keep progressing with Tucker. I know you're stressedout. I would be too. Just don't forget tobreathe. Be filled with hope and prayer.

Raspberry Swirl has indeed covered where I'm at. (Thank you, Raspberry).

Pam was right on in saying what an emotional rollercoaster.

I can't thank you all enough for sitting beside me on thisrollercoaster. It seems that many of my friends and family, althoughthey like Tucker, consider him 'just a rabbit'. To me, and obviouslywith all the love and support for him expressed by each of you, youknow that he's more than 'just a rabbit'; he's my baby.

With the exception of the people on this board, my mom, my boss, andDajeti2, I haven't had people 'with me' on this. You don't know howmuch your strength and compassion has given me comfort.

I'm sorry I brought the mood down so much. You're so incrediblyempathetic and I wasn't 'alone' because of you. Thank you for thebeautiful flowers, for your friendship, for your time, and the strengthyou displayed by reading this thread. I know it wasn't easy for you,and I realize you often had to brace yourself when you saw replies onit.

Your little man, Tucker, is holding his own. His poops are right backto their normal size, just about, and they're plentiful. Except for thepineapple juice on his fur, you wouldn't know there was anything wrongwith him at this point.

I have learned so much through this experience, and I've learned whateach of you are made of. I hope that someday, I can meet you all andgive you a big hug for getting me through this week. Seriously, youkept me grounded when I was at my worst.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You may never realize just how deeplyyou've touched my heart, and how badly I needed to hear the things yousaid. I know this post wasn't easy to read, nor respond to. I love youso much for that. Courage really comes from feeling the fear and doingit anyway.
I truly, believe that what goes around comes around. What you havegiven and done for me this past week will be returned to you ten-fold.

I always knew we had a special group in this forum, but when the chips are down, boy, did you all come through.

God Bless You and all your Loved Ones.

I believe this thread can now close on a good note, thank God!

Honestly and sincerely, without your prayers, love, and support, I'm not sure Tucker or I would've made it through.

All my love,
-Carolyn

Hey-

Just running out the door to go celebrate my mom's birthday with afamily dinner and a movie. But now I can leave on a much happiernote. YAY, Tucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am so happy and relieved that he's doingbetter. And you too, Carolyn. I have a feeling that tonight you'reexhausted and finally going to get a good nights sleep. One youdeserve. One of the first things my husband asked me when he got hometonight was "How's Tucker?" So he's been thinking of you two all dayalso.

We're all there for you!

**HUGS**

Latest posts

Back