GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tucker's attitude is actually prettygood. He huddles sometimes, but not all the time.He sits next to his hay and wants to eat it, but justwon't.He's tired, frustrated, angry, and is sick ofbeing made a fuss over. He hates pineapple juice andNutriCal.

You would've died to see him sprawled out for the vet. That'sthe one thing that I can smile about because he made such a liar out ofme. It was so cute. It was as if he finally feltrelaxed enough because he probably felt like he was going to be rescuedby these other people from me. There is nothing thevet can do for him at this point. They've done everythingthey can and unfortunately, there's no miracle drug for thiscondition. This treatment will either work or he'lldie. Seems that simple. An operation is out of thequestion for the cost, there aren't guarantees, and the closest I canget to anyone that would even touch him to open him up is inBoston.

As for Fauna, shepays little attentionto histreatments,but she does circle around him with happiness whenhe does get in his litterbox. He'll run over to herfor protection from me when I'm trying to catch him fortreatment. They really hang out with each other a lot thesedays. He sits and stares at her for the most part,all day long while they're in their cages.

As to the sugar, I have an email to Pamnock, Rick Stahl, and the womanwho wrote Rabbit Health in the 21st Century. The acid in thepineapple juice is what will break up the hairball. The liveactive cultures in yogurt might help. Will let you know whatI find out.

-Carolyn

"He sits and stares at her for the most part, all day long while they're in their cages. "

Oh that has to be love!!

Well, at least hisattitude seems okay. I remember Umbra actually crtunched histeeth in pain a bit on the first morning of our little'incident'. I tell ya', when I heard those teeth crunching,my heart just about dropped into the pit of my stomach. Hedidn't want to move, he just wanted to lay around. Or sitaround, all hunchy. =( Okay, I'm gonna stop talkingabout it. The important thing is that he didn't eat barelyanything for a half a week, and he still came out okay. Infact, it seemed like he just got better magically overnight.All that praying must've caught someone's attention!Hopefully, Tucker'll have a 'magical' recovery overnight aswell.

--Melissa and Umbra

Poor Tucker.. He just has to get better. Its sosad. I hope i read good news soon. While we are onthe topic of this subject. I dont know how else to put thisso i am sorry if it sounds strange. How do you know if everything isstaying clear. I notice roger's droppings are bigger thanluv's. Does the bigger the droppings means things are workingbetter??

Cristy

Oh carolyn this is killing me as well! I no not like you. But your lilmans a fighter. He's guna make it.

Give him an extra big hug from me.

Loadza hugs and kisses,

Lauren

and ebony

and fidget

xXx

My heart goes out to you. You must bepractically dying at work today. I know I'd hardly be able to getanything accomplished if it were me. I wish there was something more Icould do! Even sit with Tucker while you're at work or something.

C'mon Tucker, you can do it! PLEASE, for your mommy, for Fauna and for all of us here.

Carolyn, work must have been a nightmare for you today. keep positive,though I know it isn't easy. Everyone is behind you, wish we could bebeside you. HUGS!

Jan

He just pooped!!:)

Granted it wasn't much, but it's showing that his system is gettingsomething through! Doctors give me no hope and the chances of himmaking it at this point are not high.

Came home, totally flat out not knowing if he was going to be alive,but he was! Gave him canned pumpkin, NutriCal, pineapple juice, and apapaya pill. My heart sank when I saw no poops or pee in his cage allday. But after the treatment, he Pooped!! It's not much, and it's notcircular, but it's poop!!

Please keep us in your prayers.

-Carolyn

:D Never thought I would be so happy tohear about a bunny pooping Carolyn! Keep up the good work andwe'll all keep up the prayers for him. *hugs*

-Cheryl

He just pooped some more!!

Wooo Hooooo!!!

-Carolyn

WOOO FREAKING WHOOOOO!!!!

This is such good news. And it must be making him feel better to be pooping too. :)

(Only on a rabbit board are people happy about poop)

This may be a little to late as Tucker has already started passing stools again.

I hada buck that had a BAD fur blockage. He was to the pointhe was laying around which is not normal whatsoever for my DwarfHotots(i call them my energizer bunnies). He was also VERY limp. Hewent 24 hours without a single poop or pee. However I was onvacation and sent this rabbit to a friend/rabbit breeder's house as Iknew he would need one on one care. I did the whole pineapplejuice and stuff but it wasn't till my friend gave him mineral oil thathe passed poop. Boy did he ever pass feeces! Half of a syringe was allit took for him. This rabbit was literly on his death bed! It was thefirst furblock I've had in my dwarf hotots and the worse I've seen inmy raising rabbits for 7 yrs.

Hope Tucker is feeling better!!

[shadow=violet] ~*~Amanda~*~ [/shadow]

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was never more excited than I am right now to hear that a bunnypooped LOL I've been worrying sick over Tucker.

Carolyn, remember that he's not out of the woods yet. You*really* need to push the liquids and keep up with a little NutriCal/pumpkin/papaya. The kidneys and/or liver may havesuffered some damage, so extra liquids are really important to helpflush out the toxins.

Congrats on your poopy bunny!!!

Much Love!

Pam

Thank you, Thank You, Thank YOU!!

You guys have been my rock. Thank you, Amanda, for mentioning the mineral oil. I so appreciate that.

Thank you all for sharing this with me. I'm still so scared, but so elated from where I was two hours ago.
Believe me, Dearest Pam, I know I'm not out of the woods by any means.The poops were small, but they weren't a mistake. He had about 15 ofthem and they weren't cecotropes, they were the real deal. Holy Poop!The power of prayer and Love.

Pam, I got the antibiotic in powder form. How much do I have him and how often?

His fur is awfully messy from the pineapple juice that he spit out. How do I clean that up?

My little man and I love you all dearly, and thank you.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back