Getting close

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My dad and I had ordered many things online for my soon to be bunny. I'm getting closer to becoming a new bunny owner and I'm very excited! Although, I have just a few questions. We bought bedding, and I don't know why he did buy it, what can we use that for? Also, what else do I need to get? Pictures providedImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682409.557942.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682439.582599.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682488.101134.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682518.087552.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682569.999373.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682606.205671.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393682623.577054.jpg

Bedding is usually used to put on the bottom of the cage or in the litter box. With a hutch like that, I don't think that it would be needed on the cage floor. That said, you should consider buying a litter box to litter train your bun when you get him/her. You will also need to get hay since it is essential for a healthy digestive system in your bun. I would recommend simply the Oxbow Timothy hay. You should also buy a brush or two depending on the bun you are getting. Good luck!

Since you said you don't have your bunny yet, I'm assuming that the cage photo is maybe from the box or online? Are you planning on keeping your bunny outside? That cage seems quite small unless you plan to build an attached permanent run around it.
Here is a video that explains hutch size better:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vvlb-prX4I&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

And this site shows some alternatives to use:
http://binkybunny.com/BUNNYINFO/GreatHabitats/tabid/229/Default.aspx

I did not see any hay in your pics. That's the primary part of bunny's diet. Don't forget the hay!:D

That bedding is good litter box material - use it for the litter box. it's safe, it can be composted after bunny uses it and, it does help minimize urine odor. (bunny poop does not smell at all)

Latest posts

Back