Quantcast

Getting along

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

ldoerr

Reaction score
The girls just got done spending 2 full hours together in there cage. They have never been together for this long. They did really great. They are now trying to get back together. I had cut 2 zip ties that were holding a pannel of the devidor to the cage. The way that I have it now there is a pannel that can swing to make a door between the two cages. It attaches with a clip. The girls were eating cilantro together and grooming eachother. I will be doing this each day. I think that soon they will be living together. (knocks on wood).

agnesthelion

Reaction score
Yay!!! Love the positive stories. I think it sounds like they are well on their way. Pretty smooth transition for you from spays til now.

Congrats :)

ldoerr

Reaction score
The bunnies are together right now. They have been together since 4pm today. For the first time I trusted them to be together while I ran to the store for 10 minutes (ended up being longer). When I got back they were nose to nose snuggling. That re-leaved a lot of the stress that I have had for a while now. Later on I had to drive a friend back to her dorm (I live off campus and she lives on campus). I left the bunnies together in their cage and had a similar sight when I got back. They are doing SOO good. I even showered with them together and was not worrying at all about them. They are doing all of this bonding in their cages. I have not scrubbed the cages, changed/washed any of the bedding (other than normal weekly litter box cleanings). They are eating veggies together. I saw Shiny Things grooming Beauty yesterday even. I have seen them take a nap side by side this week even. Overall I am REALLY happy with their progress since the spays. I am not ready to try them over night yet (maybe soon though). I am also not quite ready to leave them together while I go to class because I will be gone for 3 hrs at a time without someone there. (any advice on how I will be able to tell when they are ready for that?)