Geriatric bunny with tooth issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get slightly better pics of his teeth. What you can see on the top, that's all he has there. (Please pardon my lacy pj top, BTW, it was late last night when we tried this again. :p)

001-3.jpg

The gums look swollen at the base of the teeth and teeth just look like stumps.
maybe you could pm Randy privately for specific info on dosages and then post what he says on the forum so we can learn something.

how dow he seem today?

If that is all he has for tops, don't be surprised if your vet wants to pull the remaining teeth on the lower side.

Patrick's vet said that he will probably only have the teeth on his left side for one more year. He said the top teeth will probably be the first to go (just no more tooth material left for the little guy) and the lower teeth will have to be pulled to avoid abscesses caused from tooth grinding on the upper gum line. The only teeth Patch will have left will be his upper and lower incisor sets. Then he and I are going to have to have the talk about slurpping pureed foods....mmmmm....yummy :?

myheart

He hasn't gotten Bene-Bac yet, although he is taking it with Brewer's Yeast right now. Bene-Bac we will try in about 20 minutes or so. But--he's eating!! Yahoo!!!

I have a mini lop who has extensive dental issues. When his teeth are bothering him he won't eat at all, just sit. I have a set of xrays done once ayear to make sure it is ot a tooth root problem. So I agree that xrays would be good in this case. None of my bunny's teeth are aligned. Before I bring out a syringe to feed him I soften pellets, mkix in some mushed up banana, and warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave. My vet told me that when animals won't eat, heating it up helps bring out more of an aroma that may entice them.

I have a holland lop who has extensive dental issues. he cannot eat hay or veggies but eats a mixed up concoction of CC and pellets.
He was Babette's mate so now he is a depressed widower with a bad mouth. :(

angieluv wrote:
I have a holland lop who has extensive dental issues. he cannot eat hay or veggies but eats a mixed up concoction of CC and pellets.
He was Babette's mate so now he is a depressed widower with a bad mouth. :(

Oh, that poor little guy! I hope he gets better.

I have pm'ed Randy. He seems to be feeling a little perkier this morning ( the bunny, not Randy) and was quite angry with me, I put his water dish down in front of him and he threw it back at me! :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back