gardening

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmmyBunny

Reaction score
so one of my othe rhobbies other than havign way too many animals (kinnding i love them) is gardening i was curious if anyone else had a garden? i really enjoy it right now ive mainly been growing in pots i planted some in the soil but i dont seem to have a lot of luck growing them in the ground which is ok but all my potted plants are thriving!

I don't have a garden but I do have a small area with a pond. These photos are from last summer, I never did take any this year. Way too hot for me, didn't spend much time outside at all.

Copy2ofpondpicturesmayjune2011lovebirdstiels155.jpg

Copy2ofpondpicturesmayjune2011lovebirdstiels056.jpg

Copy2ofpondpicturesmayjune2011lovebirdstiels058.jpg

I like to putter around outside. I use the dirty rabbit litter box material for my multch around the plants. It's wood shavings plus bunny gold. Perfect recycling. :)

My garden is very neglected at the moment. =P But in the overgrowth I have a lot of roses, salvias and penstemons.

7278408812_b025f5609e_z.jpg
7278408812_b025f5609e.jpg

6604576681_69f676a529.jpg

6001602820_daf86ae258.jpg

I have a lot of large pots with vegetables and herbs because there isn't space in the ground.

i have to say those gardens are absolutely beautiful and amazing they put my plants to shame!!! i only just started a few months ago but ive gotten a succulent to flower and my morning glory and moonflower are all flourishing and blooming daily now (ive only seen one moon flower as of yet but im sure some more will show up soon) they are growing together in some hanging pots.
i have some candy stripe thats been flowering recently and my marigolds havent bloomed but have done really well.
as far as my 3 vegetable plants ive got a cucumber which was doing excellent! until some bugs started eating it all over!!! >.< trying to stop that!
and my tomatoes are growing slowly but surely but ive seen more mushrooms growing around those than the plant has grown.
i have some holly hoc thats doing lovely and some poppies that are taking their sweet time. ill have to take some pictures

lol, bunny poo makes great mulch! I have a tiny garden right now... but I have neglected it because of water costs. Your gardens are aesome though! Beats mine 1000 times over!

:biggrin:

My vegetable garden is made up of carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, assorted lettuce, cucumbers, basil, and mint. I have sunflowers, roses, and assorted wildflowers too. That is just to name a few; I am a HUGE gardener! Most of my vegetables are in planter boxes. I built them myself for super cheap, all the supplies cost me like $20 at Home Depot.

My vegetable garden is made up of carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, assorted lettuce, cucumbers, basil, and mint. I have sunflowers, roses, and assorted wildflowers too. That is just to name a few; I am a HUGE gardener! Most of my vegetables are in planter boxes. I built them myself for super cheap, all the supplies cost me like $20 at Home Depot.

My vegetable garden is made up of carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, assorted lettuce, cucumbers, basil, and mint. I have sunflowers, roses, and assorted wildflowers too. That is just to name a few; I am a HUGE gardener! Most of my vegetables are in planter boxes. I built them myself for super cheap, all the supplies cost me like $20 at Home Depot. My chickens eat all the bugs off my plants, so that's not a problem for me lol. Since I have bunnies, I sell worms from my garden to local gardeners.

My vegetable garden is made up of carrots, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, assorted lettuce, cucumbers, basil, and mint. I have sunflowers, roses, and assorted wildflowers too. That is just to name a few; I am a HUGE gardener! Most of my vegetables are in planter boxes. I built them myself for super cheap, all the supplies cost me like $20 at Home Depot. My chickens eat all the bugs off my plants, so that's not a problem for me lol. Since I have bunnies, I sell worms from my garden to local gardeners.

I started a small herb garden this summer just for the bunnies. I have basil growing still and a bit of oregano is barely hanging on. The romaine and mint is gone.

But I'm getting ready to expand and plant more. I was just planning today. I'm waiting for the weather to drop below 100F first. I saw some different basil varieties and want to add cilantro.

This wheatgrass that some of you grow has my interest up too. I was googling it today to see if I might do that too. My inside space is very limited, but maybe I can grow it out on the porch. Anyone know how much cold it will tolerate?

I started a small herb garden this summer just for the bunnies. I have basil growing still and a bit of oregano is barely hanging on. The romaine and mint is gone.

But I'm getting ready to expand and plant more. I was just planning today. I'm waiting for the weather to drop below 100F first. I saw some different basil varieties and want to add cilantro.

This wheatgrass that some of you grow has my interest up too. I was googling it today to see if I might do that too. My inside space is very limited, but maybe I can grow it out on the porch. Anyone know how much cold it will tolerate?

Back