Games that scare rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Hi... this is Giuseppe
Mini Lop
Dusted Pearl
Buck
10 weeks old
0CA8C644-8648-4FAD-B389-A01ABDB83F5A.jpeg
Hi, I’m Jeni and this is my newest bunny, Giuseppe.

I had my grey double mane lion head doe pass called Binky a bit ago, and it rocked my world... she was an amazingly bright, calm, beautiful bunny and my heart still breaks every time I think of her. She was also an ESA so it’s been even more difficult for me. Pic of Binky below:

2A719957-83A8-48ED-B652-D97E89EF3EB4.png

Giuseppe and I are still getting to know each other and I try to pay as much attention to him as I possibly, but if I had it my way he’d go everywhere with me (like Binky did).

I try to play games with him and sit near him on our backyard grass to make up for not being able to bring him with yet and not getting enough floor time if we’re gone for the day.

One of the “games” I’ve been trying is Tag. I’ll come up behind him (not is a sneaky way, but a playful way) and lightly tap his tail. He will then run away, and I will “tag” him again and again. I figure then he gets some exercise and energy out if we aren’t around for periods at a time.

Im wondering, though... I know rabbits are prey animals... am I scaring him? I want to make sure my bunny feels safe with me when playing.

After a while, I will pick him up and give him lots of love before I put him back in the cage. He going in and out of his cage for some lovin’ like 3x at least during the day if we’re home.

I’m really trying to bond with him, I intend to have him as a new ESA down the line if he can handle it. Right now though, like I said,I want to bond with him more than anything- thus, I don’t want to scare him.

Anyone have any opinions or info? THX!!

Not sure what ESA is? Anyway cute buns.

my Ted is a rescue rabbit, got him when he was maybe a couple years old. I talk to him, and sing to him, and give him lotsa positive reinforcement and occasional treats. I also play chase games with him, and hide and seek etc. He has a sense of humor. We fake bite each other. You just gotta try different things, see what works. Just make sure you give plenty of love and pos feedback when you are trying new ways to bond and play with Giuseppe.

ESA is short for emotional support animal. Not all countries have it though.
An ESA might generally be any animal as long as they meet certain criteria, which i don't exactly remember at the moment. They do have to be approved by some sort of doctor though? They usually have the perk of being able to go along with their owner almost anywhere, and if one rents a living space, they can't be denied their support animal from bot living there(for renters that don't want anyone bringing theur pets there)
My past bun Musti was exactly like an ESA for me but our country doesn't recognize them..

As for the tag game, the best way to tell would be body language. Lops cannot lift their ears totally but will shoot them out wider like biig leaves-he's listening to you closely. Unless he's absolutely bolting away from you, i'd reckon it is not bad for him.
Storm is a lazy big lop so i will sometimes also tickle his hocks or tap his tail, so far he hasn't been scared of it, he'll only turn to look ovee his back.

Some Holland’s can lift their ears and will put them back when distressed ( my Holland will do this when picked up because he doesn’t like being off the ground.)

Latest posts

Back