Fur Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TundraKatieBean: Lol! I know, it is a bit of a weird word :D Smut is any color that shows up on a rabbit where it shouldn't be, but not usually used when describing marked breeds (Dutch, English Spot, Checkereds, etc) It is usually used when referring to shaded colors (like sable points) and pointed white colors (like Californians and himi's)- but also is used a lot with oranges and similar colors.

Slavetoabunny- Thanks! That really shows the texture of the rex fur of well. I appreciate it. :biggrin2:

But, if you don't mind, hang on to all those color pictures for a little bit. I'll post another thread when I am ready for them. Thanks so much!!!
Lol, The pics aren't going anywhere :Dthey are all pics from my past (or present)adults/kits/juniors and I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my rabbit pics, I will also have some pics of solid choc (havana) babies soon :D

clarzoo wrote:
If you can get a picture of the orange with more smuttiness, that'd be great. Thanks!
I couldn't find a pic of her but this is her sister Sahari as an adult:
sahari.jpg

She doesn't have as much smut as Sahara did but she does have pronounced ear lacing and a small amount of smutting on her nose. I will keep looking for Sahara's pic :Dthough as she really was a dirty (in a really cute way) orange.

:headsmackOk so naturally as soon as I say I can't find it ..... Here it is...

smut.jpg

Sahara as an adult. The lacing and smut down her ears and nose is quite visible as an adult!

the beginning of a molt on Button's back..

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

here she's molted up to her 'eyebrows'

DSC00311.jpg

some pics showing her colouring: white around the eyes, chin, nape of neck, legs, bum :biggrin2:.. her belly is white too but i don't have a good shot of that, the one shown here was taken with my mobile phone..

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

CIMG1894.jpg

30mths01.jpg

if any of these are helpful and you'd like a higher resolution pic, let me know :)

Latest posts

Back