Fur Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarzoo

Reaction score
Guys,

I am creating a new index of terms for theBunny Breedsthread. It will have pictures for each term. Right now I am working on terms that relate to rabbit fur. There are a bunch, believe it or not!

What I need is good, close-up, focused pictures of the following things. They need to be very clear and the correct color. Please try to keep the rabbit/fur in the center of the picture and the background blank. I can crop things a little if needed, but it would be awfully nice if you'd be able to do that for me if the picture needs it.

I really appreciate everyone's help. This section is going to be amazing and I'd love for as many pictures as possible to come from RO member's bunnies.

THANKS!!!

• Wool
  • Rex fur
  • Satin fur
  • Molting coat
  • Coat with tips of fur chewed off
  • A rabbit with 'smut'- this is a spot of color that doesn't match the rest of the fur, usually in Himalayan rabbits
  • Belly shot of a rabbit where the belly is a different color from the body (agouti's, martens, tans...)
I will probably be making a few of these threads as I need more photos.

Yanno...

You should send each of us a sample of different furs... That way when we look at the thread we could stick in the right piece. Lol :pI love bunny fur!

I'd take pics but the cam sucks :(

JadeIcing- Those shedding pictures are great. Thanks!!

Come on guys, bring on the pictures!

It's night time here right now, but I have a blue fox and a black otter that I can take some really nice clear pictures of the belly fur etc for you tomorrow :D.

I also have a blue point marten, not sure if that's a common colour or not, he's very pretty :p.

Good idea.

I have quite a bit of fur from shedding - I have kept it in bags for something - the boyf was not impressed. But now I have a use for it! I will take some piccies this weekend. I also have an agouti so I'll try and get a piccie of her body and belly fur.

NZminilops- Thanks! You can just post the pictures right in this thread. As I redo the breeds sections I will be needing good photos of different colors. Any I don't use for the fur section, I am sure to find a use for!

Rabb1tmad- I need the fur still on the rabbits!!:D But the pictures of your agouti's fur would be great. Would you mind trying to get a picture of the rings in her fur, too? You can do that by blowing into her coat while taking the picture. You might need a friend, lol!!

clarzoo wrote:
Rabb1tmad- I need the fur still on the rabbits!!:D But the pictures of your agouti's fur would be great. Would you mind trying to get a picture of the rings in her fur, too? You can do that by blowing into her coat while taking the picture. You might need a friend, lol!!
Excuse me for a moment while Ijust laugh at myself:roflmao:. I am normally quite intelligent but I have my stupid moments sometimes! I had already thought about getting a picture of the rings as I think the agouti rings are particularly beautiful. You're right though, I will need a friend. I'll see what I can do.

Lol! No big deal at all! You were probably just excited to find a reason for justifying keeping bags of rabbit fur around, lol!! :wink I think you will find you are in good company here, though!

If you want i can get you the rings on a chinchilla coloured rabbit i also have agouti, blue and black otter, smoke and opal if thats any help:)

not sure if these are any good for you, This is Jin my chinchilla netherland undercoat.

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

and this is his coat sitting normally

DSC00760.jpg

And this is a close up of my new agouti doe's coat sitting normally sorry never got a pic of the undercoat shes in a moult right now

DSC00770.jpg

Here are the ones I could find of my girls:

Here's a good example of the diff in colors that are around Maisie's tail. Her fur is chinchilla-colored, her tail pure white, and on the top of her tail and the fur it meets is almost black.

000_1997.jpg

Here's a bit of an example of her belly fur:

000_1212.jpg

Decent pic from above:

000_0027.jpg

Here's a good shot of her chin and a bit of her belly fur:

000_0291.jpg

Good picture showing the variences of color in her chinchilla fur:

000_0210.jpg

Behind the ears:

000_0121.jpg

Hope those help! I don't think any of my other girls will qualify for what you're asking...but I hope those are some of what you're looking for. :)

Rosie- What color is that bunny? I can't tell because of the closeup- but that will help me determine if it is smut or not. Thanks!!

AWESOME! You guys are great!!! Please keep them coming!!! I might not be able to use all of these pictures, but I am going to try to use as many as possible.

Where are all the REX bunny owners?!?! Show me some fur!!! :anyone:

I believe my Dusty is a tort color...so might not be smut...hehe...

If I find anymore, I'll send them your way! :)

Also...how about Flower's back spots? Or her eye stripes? She's white, with harlequin colored eye rings, and a honey-colored back stripe. I'm not sure what breed she is, but we suspect possibly a cross between some sort of lop (possibly mini lop) and possibly either a tort or harlequin mix of some sort. Would her stripe and eye rings then qualify as smut?

No, it probably wouldn't count as smut since she is a broken harlequin. It'd be next to impossible to tell which color is supposed to be there and which color is smut, lol!!! But, please do post some pictures of her markings, especially head/eyes. I was going to start another thread for markings, but go ahead and put them on here- that will be great.

Latest posts

Back