Fur Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aurora- Yes, so sorry. I didn't mean to slight Wildfire :embarrassed: I was actually working on the photo of Wildfire while I posted that. I realized once I hit send that I already had one mini rex, lol!! Doh!

Thanks so much for the use of your pictures. What I needed of the rexes was good shots of the body fur to try and show texture. I will take a look at your Photo Album- sounds like there will be some great ones to choose from!!

Shaggycoat.jpg

Here's one of Butter molting:)
Hope it's useful~ I don't have pictures of any of the other things

~Diana and Butter

Oh wow!!! Now THAT'S moulting!! Can you PM me that pic? It should go into a thread that we're preparing for the Library about moulting...

Woo! Butter's is serious when it comes to molting, I see.

He reminds me of my Fuzzy Lop, Fiona. On the day she decides to molt- in the morning she looks like a fuzzy, in the evening after about 15 minutes of plucking she will look like a Holland. :biggrin2:

X3 Butter prefers to molt in chunks over a period of about three weeks and savour the sensation.
Here, he's going for the "Zombie made of a fuzzy rabbit and a short-haired rabbit" look.

This is Tank, a Palomino doe that I helped transport a few years back. I'm not sure, but I think I remember her color being refered to as a bit smutty.
4796.jpg

OK. This was hard work, but here is Lacey showing off her beautiful agouti colouring;

White chin (an old photo but you can just about see it):

Laceypose.jpg

Rings:

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

Underbelly (these were hard to get and the lighting is quite poor but her fur is as white as snow with blue beneath):

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

Moult - you can just about see the tide mark running down the side:

DSC01282.jpg

An unusual tide mark across her face:

Scary.jpg

Lacey1.jpg

I hope these help you. If you need anymore, just let me know.

Here's a picture of Hazel, our agouti Western Cottontail, showing her white belly fur, black-and-white tail and her very fuzzy feet :D.
trancemv7.jpg

I have some more pics at home of her different markings when molting, and the reddish fur behind her ears, will post those too if you want.

Sorry it took me so long, these are quite large so I have made them clickable thumbnails. Please feel free to use any of them.

This is Sakura, blue fox netherland dwarf.

The first picture is the triangle behind her ears.

Very Nice!

Thanks, these are all so helpful. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to do this for me. I really hope that this will be a useful resource for everyone- and I think having pictures of our own RO rabbits will make it even moreso.

ok all this talk of colors....

what would you say cami is.. i thought she was "light grey" flemish, but all the "chinchilla" buns look darker then ehr.. is there a light chin, or maybe she is washed out color or something, not that it really matters to me, im not gonna show her or anything, but jsut curious..

this is her fir up and down
DSC06919.jpg

and this is her belly.... i love kissing her ears!

DSC06924.jpg

Light Grey and Chinchilla are the same colors. The differences you see within these colorsare based on modifiers that make the color darker or lighter looking. Some breeds prefer a darker chinchilla coloring while others might prefer a lighter color.

Haha........ I bring the rex hoarde :biggrin2: (sorry couldn't help myself)

charlierex.jpg

Black Charlie Std Rex

aramitta.jpg

Cinnamon Dalmatian Rex

smuttyorange.jpg

"smutty" orange rex, ear lacing is prominent, smut on nose tip, ears, tail (very pronounced), she actully looks pretty ok in this pic but the smutting got worse as she got older (I'll see if i can find a pic)

I have a ton more pics if you're interested including fawn, blue dalmatian, ermine, chocolate silver fox, blue silver fox, black otter, chocolate otter, black, lilac, agouti (castor), sooty fawn, black butterfly, opal, lynx (somewhere), mismarked dutch and probably more as I find them :),

- Chantel

Right now I am just working on fur texture and a few basic coat patterns. But I do plan on doing a colors dictionary as well. You sure have a variety of colors- I am sure I could put them to good use. But, if you don't mind, hang on to all those color pictures for a little bit. I'll post another thread when I am ready for them. Thanks so much!!!

If you can get a picture of the orange with more smuttiness, that'd be great. Thanks!

hellsmistress wrote:
"smutty" orange rex, ear lacing is prominent, smut on nose tip, ears, tail (very pronounced), she actully looks pretty ok in this pic but the smutting got worse as she got older (I'll see if i can find a pic)

I have to admit that I have a little giggle everytime you guys say 'smut' makes me think of the tom lehrer song...

Are smuts only mismarks of a different color or can they be of a color already on the rabbit someplace else?

Latest posts

Back