front teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi

We was by the vet and he give us a apointment for surgery onFriday.After the surgery he will help me to order what i need to clipNickys teeth by myself.

Today he onlya weight Nicky and give me an antibiotik.

Mariannbe sure to ask your vet to showyou how to do therabbits teeth , if your still unsure have him showyou again , good luck heep usposted.

Oh Marianne, I am so happy for you. I'mhappy for Nicky too. Please give him a kiss on that gorgeous head ofhis please?

I thought about you all day today and was worried what the vetwas going to say. I am so glad everything worked. I will keep you andNicky in my prayers. Do you have any more pictures of Nicky and yourother rabbits?

I can't believe how much Nicky looks like Apollo. They are boththe same. If you go to Apollo Acres you'll see what I mean.

Tina

I just took my rabbit to get his teeth trimmedand it was 72.99 and last time i went was like 2 months ago..thats alotbetter than 200 every four weeks....my vet wants me to have him get hisinsicors removed. my estimate was $485.00...maybe you should talk to urvet and see how much that would be....it would save you money insteadof paying that for 2 months for trimming. also...that doesnt seem rtthat they put your last rabbit to sleep b/c of teeth problems.....ifits the same vet ur still using, does he specialize in rabbits? if notyou should look for one who does..make some phone calls!!

The black one is Micky and the other is Hopsy.They are my oldest rabbits,both are 10 years old.

From Puschel i fund no picture,but you can see him on my avantar,he is the bunny on the right side.

dajeti2 wrote:
Marianne,

Some other people here are going through this with theirrabbits too. Here's the link. Maybe they can help you too. Oh I hopeso.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=6607&forum_id=1

Tina
Hi,

in this thread i was talking about trimming the front teeth...ihonestly don't have any idea how to trim the back teeth...heck, i'venever even SEEN the back teeth! sorry i can't be of any help.:(

Mariannne, what a gorgeous rabbit familyyou have. I especially love the picture with the boys in it. You shouldstart a thread for all of their pictures. Every body would love to seethem and not everybody will see them here.

How is Nicky this morning? Tell him I'm thinking about him and praying for him.

Tina

Hey Marianne,

My bunny Daisy needs her back teeth trimmed, too. Right now she's goingto get done every 8 weeks, but it may bcome more frequent depending onhow her teeth are.

My vet charges $17.50 each time that I get her teeth done, so your vetseems awfully expensive...how does your vet do it? Is it possible foryou to find a different vet?

Just from seeing Daisy's back teeth get done by the vet, I think thatit would be impossible to trim them safely at home. But if you can finda good vet, it's not very expensive or too much trouble to get themdone at the vet's office.

:)

Marianne wrote:
hi

We was by the vet and he give us a apointment for surgery onFriday.After the surgery he will help me to order what i need to clipNickys? teeth by myself.

Today he onlya weight Nicky and give me an antibiotik.

So glad you didn't fool around with it, Marianne and you took Nicky to the vet.

Do you know what time the surgery is on Friday? Will Nicky have to spend the night?

Give him something with your scent on it when you drop him off. He'll know mom's there and is coming back.

Prayers start now.

-Carolyn

From what I've heard, here are two parts to thetools. A tube and a clipper. The tube goes in the bunnys mouth and theclipper is inserted into the tube until it reaches the tooth and thenyou position and clip. Thing is, the tooth part that is clipped fallsinto the bunnys mouth and you have to swish it out. If the bunnysuddenly moved or kickedshe could easily choke on the toothbit. Then ofcourse you need someone to hold the bunny in a positionwhere he couldnt move his head. depending on the bunny and how strongand secure you can hold him... it might be really hard to do.

Hopefully you can find a vet who is not as expensive.I do agree that is a high price for him to suggest. Good luck

The operation is on Friday at 1 pm. The vat want me to stay there,because rabbits atre not so good with anastasia.

The vet want me to be there when Nicky wake up.Nicky dont need to stay at the vet over night.

The operation was today.His back teeth was growing inside and outside. It was a operation with gas.

Now Nicky is at home and i hope that he can eat soon by hisself.

The operation with medizin was alltogether a littlemore than 200$:shock:

I hope Nicky get to feeling better realsoon. If his back teeth are so bad I wonder if they could just pull theteeth and just put him on a soft diet? Maybe that's a question you canask the vet next time.

God Bless you Marianne. What you are doing for Nicky is trulyamazing. I wish there were more people like you in the world. Pleasegive Nicky a hug and kiss for me when he feels a bit better. Hugs foryou and the rest of the family.

Tina

Latest posts

Back