From the Pen of Poe...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]The Daily Poe

June 12, 2009

The kids and I are having Daily Reading Time over the summer. My daughter is reading the original Pinocchio online. My son is reading a Pendragon book. I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last night (couldn't put it down, had to finish it). Now I'm reading Little Lord Fauntleroy online at the same site my daughter is using (www.pagebypagebooks.com). I found a free audio download of the chapters for her, as well, so she is listening and reading along. My son asked if he could listen to some music while he's reading, and I'm ok with that. With headphones all around, it gives me the quiet to read, too.

Today while we were having our reading time, we set up the pen for Poe to hop around, and Kirby insisted on being inside the pen to lay down with the boy and bun. Here are a few videos. Poe was quite insistent on wanting to chew the pages of the book or the cords of the boy's headphones.

[/align]

June 13, 2009

I know it's a day late, but I was sleeeeeeeeeeepy last night, after a full day.
Here are 5 Poe shots from when I was hanging out with him in the pen yesterday evening.

Poe301.jpg

Exploring the box tower

Poe302.jpg

Munching on his hay

Poe309-1.jpg

Trying to undo the zip ties

Poe311.jpg

No...he's not spoiled or anything, is he?

Poe299-1.jpg

Bun-tocks

...the end!
[/align]

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today was a relax at home day. We all just chilled out.

Poe318-1.jpg

Baby Girl emailed her Grandparents and best friend.

Then she took some photos of Poe...who was very interested in nibbling on the cord for the lens cap

Poe329.jpg

Poe331.jpg

Poe332.jpg

She emailed some of the photos to her friends.

Poe344.jpg

Tongue Shot!

Then my son got in the pen to sit with Poe while he played loud video games with my hubby alllllllll afternoon!

Poe346.jpg

Poe thinks he could play this game...no problem!

Poe351.jpg

Kirby needed some snuggles, too!

Poe361.jpg

Poe nuzzles into the boy's shirt!

Poe363.jpg

Kirby checks out the girl's drawings.

Poe364.jpg

A little later in the afternoon, the boy was given a treat! His first time trancing a bunny. :)

Poe369.jpg

Poe371.jpg

is this a happy boy or what???

Poe373.jpg

And then he became a jungle gym again...

Poe376.jpg

[/align]

Aren't mini-rexes just so much fun!? Of the 4 rabbit breeds that I've had experience living with, the mini-rex takes the cake for being the most "interesting". Whether it's fluffing blankets just right, stealing random objects, nudging their slave for attention (or to simply get them to move!), mini-rex are the most outgoing bunnies I've ever had contact with!

Berry-Boo/Felice used to harass Will while he was playing video games, too!
Berry-Boo: The Back-Seat Gamer Bun

June 15, 2009

In which Poe is taken out on a lead for the first time!

Poe394.jpg

Poe395.jpg

Look for this one on http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com tomorrow! :)

Poe397.jpg

Poe405.jpg

Poe409.jpg

Poe411.jpg

Poe413.jpg

Poe414.jpg

Poe417.jpg

Poe423.jpg

He wasn't afraid to hop around.

Poe432.jpg

And then come back to me.

Poe437.jpg

Kirby was out with us.

Poe445.jpg

Poe439.jpg

Poe446.jpg

blurry hop on mommy photos

Poe447.jpg

Poe458.jpg

Poe459.jpg

Poe460.jpg

Poe507.jpg

And then I had some fun with animation. In the first one, it looks like he's saying, "Mom!"

OhMom.gif

In this one, see if you can catch when he sticks out his tongue!

animated1.gif

And finally, a little bath :)

wash.gif

[/align]

Aww I can't believe I haven't posted in here sooner! Poe is absolutely gorgeous! I love how soft he looks, which I'm sure he is very soft! His coat is absolutely amazing! So plush looking and I just love how black he is! :)

I love those pictures of him and Kirby! Too cute! :) He sure has fit well in your family! I love how he's so curious, too! Not afraid of anything! I wish my mini rex babies were like that! hehe.

Does Poe ever get tired with all those toys, boxes, tunnels, kids and dog? lol. I have that same tunnel for my bunners too, and it definitely is a hit! Lily and Minnie always want it, so they have to share :p

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Does Poe ever get tired with all those toys, boxes, tunnels, kids and dog? lol. I have that same tunnel for my bunners too, and it definitely is a hit! Lily and Minnie always want it, so they have to share :p

Emily
Poe seems to be an endless supply of energy! We have a hard time NOT buying him new toys. I absolutely love watching him play. Elf was so mellow that I couldn't get her to play with anything, even when she was a baby. She ate, pooped, slept and sat there with a satisfied smile. Poe is the total opposite.

He loves the tube, too! He runs up and down it constantly. I think he likes the crinkly noise it makes.

Cute animations! It looks like Poe disapproved of the harness in that second picture! Kirby looked like he had fun outside, too!
I wanted to make it one long animation, but did 3 shorter ones instead. He DEFINITELY has that disapproving look down! He's on Disapproving Rabbits today! Yay!

http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/2009/06/poe.html

Either the grass in those pictures is really big (wide blades), or Poe is really that little! How much does he weigh? He looks so small in the pictures with the kids! :)

OMG!! He's so CUTE!! You take great pic's. When my babies get old enough I'm gonna have to try a harness.

:) April

He's going to stay pretty small. I expect he will be less than 3.5 lbs full grown. His daddy is pretty small too, but a real love.

We had to buy a medium ferret harness to fit him. The small was a bit too small around his belly. This medium is a bit big around his neck, but I'm going to try to adjust it. :) He is a little love!!!

Latest posts

Back