From the Pen of Poe...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question: Are those black things Kirby's nails? Or are they nail covers? Just curious!

I think they are nail covers, right? I've been looking into getting them for my puppy. He likes to climb up on us all the time and we have the scratches to prove it! How do they work (if that's them)? My sister got them for her cat and said she didn't like them.

Poe is adooorable! I love baby bunnies, haven't had a baby bunner around here since 2006 when we got Zeus. The pictures of him with Kirby are soo cute!

They are nail covers...makes him sound like a horse walking on the hardwood floors LOL

[align=center]The Daily Poe

June 9, 2009

No photos today. Just an update to say that he is nibbling EVERYTHING!!!!!

Each of the kids took turns in the pen with him this evening. Every time Poe hopped on top of them and tried to dig or nibble at their clothing, the kids gently put him off of them or pushed him gently away from their clothing. Every time he sat nicely on them or near them, they pet him and gave him love.

I don't know if he learned anything, but if we keep at it, hopefully he will!
[/align]

Minda, I cant believe I missed all of this! Congrats to you on your new little man. I absolutely love the name! Cant wait to see more pics.

Dragonrain wrote:
Quick question: Are those black things Kirby's nails? Or are they nail covers? Just curious!

I think they are nail covers, right? I've been looking into getting them for my puppy. He likes to climb up on us all the time and we have the scratches to prove it! How do they work (if that's them)? My sister got them for her cat and said she didn't like them.

Poe is adooorable! I love baby bunnies, haven't had a baby bunner around here since 2006 when we got Zeus. The pictures of him with Kirby are soo cute!
I trim his nails and then put a little of the glue into the nail cap, then slide it onto his nail. He has lost one this week....not too bad. I get them so he doesn't annoy the hubby so much on the hardwood floors. Cats retract their claws, so I can't see them being as successful for them. I could be wrong there, though. :D

kirbyultra wrote:
I don't see it - where are the nail covers?
The black things on his nails. They just look a little more bulky than a "natural" nail. I notice odd things like that (ADHD :biggrin2:). Plus, Kirby has white toes, so I would assume that he has clear/pink nails naturally.

I trim his nails and then put a little of the glue into the nail cap, then slide it onto his nail. He has lost one this week....not too bad. I get them so he doesn't annoy the hubby so much on the hardwood floors. Cats retract their claws, so I can't see them being as successful for them. I could be wrong there, though.

I thought they where originally designed for cats? I know cats retract their claws but they are suppose to still work for them. Actually my sister said she didn't like them because some of them fell off to quickly and she didn't want to have to keep replacing them, so it wasn't really a problem with them not working, just my broke sister not wanting to have to keep buying them lol.

Well, that's what I was thinking, too. I would think they would slip off as the cat retracted its claws. You'd have to be sure to get the exact size right for them to be able to go under the skin with the nail.

Grandma gave a large oatmeal canister to Poe to play with and tonight was its introduction into the play pen. :)

Poe221.jpg

Poe222.jpg

Poe got interested immediately and dove right in!

Poe223.jpg

Cute bunny bottom photos!!!

Poe224.jpg

Poe225.jpg

Poe226.jpg

Checking out the boy...

Poe227.jpg

back to the canister

Poe245.jpg

Hey! Why aren't you two in here with me???

Poe254.jpg

And a final bum shot!

Poe257.jpg

[align=center]The Daily Poe

June 11, 2009

Photos by Poe's big brother

Poe272.jpg

Poe275.jpg

Poe277.jpg

Poe296-1.jpg

Poe's birthday is Friday the 13th of March...so when should he be neutered, Patti?
[/align]

Latest posts

Back