Friend's question about pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassieBunBun

Reaction score
United States of America, New York state; Upstate
My friend has been feeding Kaytee Forti-Diet to her rabbits since that's all her step mom wanted to buy but her rabbits are now 5 years old and a tad overweight and she heard not so good things about Kaytee so she's wondering if there's better pellets that she could get for them for a good price.

How many nuggets is your friend feeding? Rabbits really don't need many, if I'm honest I don't think they really need the amount stated on the back of the bag.
Might be worth cutting them back for a bit to see if that helps!
That's what my vet recommended for my bun and it really helped.

And what else?
1/8cup per day doesn't sound much, that's about as much as my 10lbs breeding does get when not nursing - but their staple food is forage.

What sort of living set up do they have? Plenty of room to run around? With my older bun I found I have to encourage her to exercise sometimes 😂
With older buns, arthritis could also be a factor if they're not exercising much?

What sort of living set up do they have? Plenty of room to run around? With my older bun I found I have to encourage her to exercise sometimes 😂
With older buns, arthritis could also be a factor if they're not exercising much?
They're in x-pens but they do get exercise time in their basement when it's not too hot/cold

Back