Free Time Out. --is she getting enough? and....VIDEO!! Just because

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaBun

Reaction score
My 1.5 year old holland lop Bun has a 3 level armoire turned rabbit habitat. I give her out time most evenings starting at 4 and ending at 10 or 11. The issue is I worry that she's not running around enough when I give her free time. She maybe plays for 10 minutes and the retreats back into her hutch.

I'd love to give more time all the time, but she likes to dig carpet... :(

Here's a vid of her running around. It only lasts 10 min and then up she went up to the top level again. Should I force it by closing the doors or do something different????
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIJInreqGDw[/ame]

Ya know, my 2 dwarfs live in a pretty decent Sized xpen. and i bring them out for a couple hours a day. my female (shes so fat) doesn't binky at all she'd rather lounge and do nothing. my male he'll do a couple bunny 500's couple binky's and then not do anything. and want to go back in. Some bunny's just don't have a ton of energy. i guess. Tebow my holland lop doesn't binky at all, but will push a ball around for hours (and hump it) he'll go all night with it if i let him.

Aawww... she's doing lots of little binkies! She looks very happy and content to be out.

I wouldn't worry about her hopping back in her cage. Just keep doing what you're doing. She may work up to spending more time out in the x-pen area.

Buns love routine and she'll adjust to knowing when she has her free time.
The binkies, though, say it all. She seems to be one happy bun (and adorable!).

I wouldn't worry about her being out and going back in as long as the door is open it's what she chose. Bing does that rarely, but he does choose to just be back in his cage sometimes.

Her binkies are so cute!! She looks calm and happy to me. She just might not be one that feels the need to run around for hours on end. My French Lops play for about 10 minutes, then they flop and sleep for the next 6 hours or so. haha For the carpet (I'm assuming you mean where the Xpen is) you could put down a flannel sheed (which I found stays put better than a cotton one). That way she can dig at the sheet but not mess up the carpet. Because Max has babies, I've actually placed a tarp under the flannel sheet (for accidents...tired of scrubbing carpets every few hours).

Thanks guys. I love this bun. She's got quite the personality...is so sweet...loves to be held and petted and is patient with my kids. I want to get her a husbun at some point but need to gt Her spayed first and am not in any hurry.

I will try and find a way to make it so she has more space to run all the time-- eventually. But right now she's in the living room so I have to clean up the xpen while we are gone because my husband is not a fan of having it out all the time. I have some ideas for a new spot, but it's not going to happen for awhile... So I will keep taking the pen down and setting up every evening. . .

Latest posts

Back