Free Rabbit Toy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is sisal safe for rabbits? Reason why I ask my hubby read in the past that rats can have a allergic reaction to it so I quit buying it since I have ratties too.

ratmom wrote:
Is sisal safe for rabbits? Reason why I ask my hubby read in the past that rats can have a allergic reaction to it so I quit buying it since I have ratties too.

Yes, it is safe :). It's safe for ratties, too. I hang some of my rat toys up in the cage by using sisal rope and they have chewed the toys down...so far, no isses with allergic reactions :p.

I got my sisal toy today. So far, Sparky and Scooter are big fans. They won't share....they keep trying to chase each other away from it!

They do have some cutetoys on their website. I think that the bunnies need a present.

Ours arrived on Thursday! I gave it to Rory because for some reason Tallulah doesn't really play with toys, but Rory does. I set it down next to him while he was taking a nap, and he woke up and played with it, dragged it around his cage some, threw it, etc. I saw him playing with it yesterday too. We got the same one that momofmany got, except the sisal is green and the wooden piece is a yellow house.

The playcenters look like so much fun (I think the rats would like it, too!), but it's so pricy. I'll probably buy more toys from these people, but I like that Busy Bunny doesn't dye everything.

Got my free toy today!:D Snuff hasn't played with it yet though:?. I think his favorite will always be those darn keys:p.

Anyone else get theirs or sign up? (I had to dig for this thread:shock:.)

I did bit ago! They look great, I was looking the things over and they look easy made. My papaw has a HUGE work shop and could probably make my own but I the last time I was around a saw I cut my finger open... and it wasn't even on for easter's sakes! If I could get ahold of some of that Sisal I could do the popsicle stick things, no reason to dye them really, they just do that to get people to buy them.

Hope mine gets here soon, I don't know who to give it to though! I will probably give it to get ones, they gots to share! I hope I don't just get a carrot or some though because they all have wood to chew on, I hope for the key ring or the binky or something but it is free so I won't complain. :)

There needs to be more free stuff for rabbits(and other animals). I have been searching for samples and whatnot and there isn't a lot but there is quite a few stuff for dogs and cats(more for dogs). There is more pets then dogs and cats people ;)

bunnybunbunb wrote:
There needs to be more free stuff for rabbits(and other animals). I have been searching for samples and whatnot and there isn't a lot but there is quite a few stuff for dogs and cats(more for dogs). There is more pets then dogs and cats people ;)

Not very often you see anything for free.

When I mentioned "keys" earlier? I got baby keys from Walmart that cost 0.97cents. You could get those and see how your buns like them, Snuff loves his:D.

As far as key rings, you could also string some shower rings together for a new toy and even hang it in the cage if yours like that:).

I just received my free toy in the mail. A wooden "carrot" with sisal rope bits sticking out the top. Coco loves it, but she seems to only be interested in eating the bits of rope. Is this safe for her? I'm afraid it will upset her stomach.

000_0478.jpg

*just* now seeing this thread! just signed up for mine -- let's see how fast it gets here. so it IS safe if swallowed right? because nemo has a tendency to devour the toys i give him, which is why i use willow balls.

Tracy

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
When I mentioned "keys" earlier? I got baby keys from Walmart that cost 0.97cents. You could get those and see how your buns like them, Snuff loves his:D.

As far as key rings, you could also string some shower rings together for a new toy and even hang it in the cage if yours like that:).

Arg, my Walmart doesn't carry them anymore :(. They were definitely a favorite toy among the bunnies. I do have one set of the keys left, but it is chewed up a bit. I use shower curtain rings for the ratties...not sure why I didn't think to give them to the bunnies :shock:.

:p

Hope wrote:
I just received my free toy in the mail. A wooden "carrot" with sisal rope bits sticking out the top. Coco loves it, but she seems to only be interested in eating the bits of rope. Is this safe for her? I'm afraid it will upset her stomach.

000_0478.jpg
That's the toy I got, haha.:p I thought it looked like a pineapple with the hair, lol.

I'm really impressed with this toy. Coco is a very picky rabbit, but the minute I put this in front of her she went to it like a magnet. I just ordered a few more toys from the site, so we'll see if she likes those too. They also sell treats, so I ordered a bag of those too!

I also got the carrot. I was hoping for the key rings but it was free, no good to complain. I plan to give it around but the first mommy and babies I gave it too the mommy bit it then threw it and gave me this look like she was saying "Where is the real Carrots? This is a fake! I WANT THE REAL STUFF! Where are you hiding them???" Haha, she is such a ham.

I ordered myne 2 hours ago

I ordered myne put my local pet store down cause kieth will order them and give me a deal for them

Hope wrote:
I'm really impressed with this toy. Coco is a very picky rabbit, but the minute I put this in front of her she went to it like a magnet. I just ordered a few more toys from the site, so we'll see if she likes those too. They also sell treats, so I ordered a bag of those too!
Wow - I'm glad to see a rabbit that will play with them. I've tried 3 different rabbits - 2 of which are picky - 1 which isn't.

NONE of them care for the toy at all....and the non-picky one looked at me as if to say, 'I'll allow it in my cage...but I don't like it..".

Oh well....at least it was free!

Latest posts

Back