Fostering Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, since Bearbear is being aggressive and not litter training, he is being territorial. He is being aggressive because Oakley is being housed right beside him and he feels threatened. It is also possible that when you touch something of his, you might smell like Oakley. Normally two neutered males will fight or mark their territory.
The reason he won't litter train is that he is marking his territory. I would leave the poops during the day and pick them up at night. All pee should be soaked up by a paper towel and put in the litter box. The area where they peed then should be cleaned with a vinegar/water mixture.

Ok, since Bearbear is being aggressive and not litter training, he is being territorial. He is being aggressive because Oakley is being housed right beside him and he feels threatened. It is also possible that when you touch something of his, you might smell like Oakley. Normally two neutered males will fight or mark their territory.
The reason he won't litter train is that he is marking his territory. I would leave the poops during the day and pick them up at night. All pee should be soaked up by a paper towel and put in the litter box. The area where they peed then should be cleaned with a vinegar/water mixture.
Thank you! I’ll definitely be doing that

Hiya everyone!

Just a quick little update on the fosters. Bearbear likes to rearrange everything including his food dish so we have just been putting his pellets and veggies into his litter box freely. His bowl is still there, but I’m going to have to figure out how to keep it down

Both Oakley and Bearbear like to go on top of the cages and it’s cute when they hop up at the same time haha.

In addition to that we are still trying to teach Bearbear to use his litterboxes and it’s going okay. He does use it a little but which is good. We also think he smells the other bunny, besides Oakley, in this room, and that could affect it

Thank you everyone for all the support so far in this journey! If anyone knows anyone who is in Pennsylvania and would want to adopt these two, the applications are open for both. I do not believe they will accept applications/ say who gets the pet until the shelter re opens, but they do indeed have the option to put your application in. Also, they don’t/ probably shouldn’t be adopted together. Especially since Bearbear is so aggressive 🐻

Hello everybody

I noticed that Bearbears pee is redish and was wondering if anyone knew what this meant?
4923591F-AB56-4C2D-87D5-980455DA3C92.jpeg
Ignore the 💩 but it looks red like blood

I just read a little on it and it says its normal to be a little red colored? Is it normal?

Last edited:
Red pee is very normal. The color changes because of the pigment in their food. As long as there are no streaks of blood in it, I would not be concerned.

Hello everybunny!
Today was a really good cleaning day and we went out and bought another litter box for Bear bear! 0B9CA764-68F0-4F18-BFD2-66948156A918.jpeg

This is now his setup, because he uses the bathroom in the spot of the new litter box.
E818225E-E923-47C5-B842-E5475104A218.jpeg

This is still Oakleys but he is litter trained so we are happy about that!

Also I just gave them their pellets which is why they’re just there 😁

Ok, just wonted to make sure they got lots of room to run around.
Have a great day! 🙂

Ok, just wonted to make sure they got lots of room to run around.
Have a great day! 🙂
No worries! I’ve owned bunnies since I was around ten, so about 8 years. I currently own 3 and are fostering two. Thank you for looking out for the little guys but they’re happy and healthy and get lots of cuddles, attention and room to binkey!

Hello everyone. It has definitely been awhile. Lots of things going on. We have almost had the fosters for a month! This means they are headed back to the shelter on Monday the 11th. We will call and see if they want us to keep them any longer, but my guess is we will say our goodbyes on Monday

Back