Fostering Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those are such amazing setups. The rabbits you are fostering will be so Lucky to have someone like you taking care of them! Just be careful because the last time I tried fostering, I ended up adopting both of them! My boys Percy and buster

Attachments

• 138FC3E4-DACB-4FC6-8442-E47DA40787F0.jpeg
    138FC3E4-DACB-4FC6-8442-E47DA40787F0.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 9B487DA5-9178-4324-B06B-CCED9C853A3A.jpeg
    9B487DA5-9178-4324-B06B-CCED9C853A3A.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 1
Adorable!

those are such amazing setups. The rabbits you are fostering will be so Lucky to have someone like you taking care of them! Just be careful because the last time I tried fostering, I ended up adopting both of them! My boys Percy and buster
Haha thats true! They are adorable! I just know 5 bunnies may not fly with my parents so we’re going to look for a great home for them!

Hey everyone! Even though it is only the second day of knowing the two fosters, I have noticed that there are territorial issues with Bearbear. If we try to clean up he tries to bite our hands or the scooper, as well as makes a little grunt noise.

I have never had a bunny who is territorial and was wondering if anyone knew anything that can help break that habit?

I'm guessing he is neutered? It might be that he can smell Oakley. Theo is sometimes aggressive (he will come at my hands when I am cleaning but he never nips or grunts). It is mostly when he is in a bad mood. I normally tell him "No" and will gently press his head to the floor. Since I know he won't hurt me, sometimes I just ignore it, or will push him away. He rarely comes at my hand anymore.

I'm guessing he is neutered? It might be that he can smell Oakley. Theo is sometimes aggressive (he will come at my hands when I am cleaning but he never nips or grunts). It is mostly when he is in a bad mood. I normally tell him "No" and will gently press his head to the floor. Since I know he won't hurt me, sometimes I just ignore it, or will push him away. He rarely comes at my hand anymore.
Thank you so much! I will try that!

Hope all is well for you. How is everbunny fitting in so far? I have been wondering about you with your foster buns and couldnt wait to ask any longer? Any questions or couriousities (dont think that is spelled right) so far?

Hope all is well for you. How is everbunny fitting in so far? I have been wondering about you with your foster buns and couldnt wait to ask any longer? Any questions or couriousities (dont think that is spelled right) so far?
Everyone is great! They seem to love the pens and have seen a bunch of binkies! They love running on the couch. We’ve been working on stopping the aggression of Bearbear and its going alright. Oakley is scared of real loud noises and prefers to hide in the cardboard boxes. We own a dog and they are quite scared of the dog, so that’s something they’re getting used to.

As well as all of that I have a feeling Oakley is a bit older than Bearbear. I feel this because of when I clipped their nails (which were sooo long) Oakleys looked much more like my older rabbits and Bearbear’s looks more like a young rabbits. I’m not quite sure how to tell their age but we were told they are the same age but they were surrendered due to too many animals in the house. So, we have no way to know for sure how old they are. I guess it’s just a feeling that Oakley is older 😋

Also everybunny I have an instagram where I post about my bunnies and its username is BunRabit if you would like to see daily updates of them ❤️

Hello! We did a good cleaning of their pens today since Bearbear is not litter trained at all. I have found that Oakley is though, so that’s a good sign!

Are they neutered? He is probably marking his territory since a male is being housed right beside him.

Latest posts

Back