Fostering bunnies!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is a very pretty bun and it's ridiculous that lady would not adopt her too.

Is Milu's old home carpeted? If it is not I would wipe down everything with vinegar to try and get rid of the smell of him. If it is carpeted you could try shampooing it. Also, wipe down walls where he might have leaned against them laying down. Maybe then she'll stop peeing there.

Yes, the place is carpeted.. needless to say, the carpet is all stained, but I don't have plans of changing it, since I think I'll get rabbits all the time and they'll just "stamp" whatever carpet is here. I've been cleaning it with vinegar, and also sprinkled some baking soda on it, but to no avail so far. If they keep her from peeing somewhere, she'll just pick another spot and pee there...
How do I do the shampooing? I'm not sure we got that for carpets here. We probably do..?
Some people think that, because a bunny is being medicated, the bunny is sick.
A lot of people also think that bunnies that they buy are healthier than adopted ones. I myself am surprised to see how this "homeless" bunny is way more "refined" than my MILU. She won't obey me, but when she's in her area, she uses her toilet and won't make any mess. The only issue is when she's where MILU was before, but that's not really her fault.
Bilém is very strong, healthy, and she's a lady! :)

Do you have anything like Natures Miracle, like we have here in the US? It has enzymes that break down the pee smell and eliminate it. Also placing a bunch of litter boxes all over, especially in spots she likes to pee often, may help.

I don't know, but I've never seen nature's miracle here..
I thought about placing litter boxes at every corner, that'd be perfect, but I only found litter boxes in cages.. I had to buy Bilém a cage to have a litter box... and I paid $126 for the cage, so I'm not gonna buy other 5 so soon, I'll keep wiping her pee.. lol

Lola, the brown bunny who came here with Bilém and I fostered for a while died on Friday, august 16, 2013. Her new mom told me about it and I know she is a great person, so it was shocking to know that she passed away like that. She was probably very young, I'd say she probably wasn't even 2 years old.
The girl who adopted her used to send pics of her and she was always very happy, she did everything she could to save her, but sometimes our best isn't good enough. At least Lola (who was later called "Buh") at least had some happiness in her last months of life, a nice loving home and a bunny friend who loved her. This is the last pic I got of her, she's the brown bunny. We can see she was very happy and didn't show any signs of illness.
That's how I always want to remember her: being happy and loved.

pantufa-lola-buh-ultima-fotinho-que-vi-7552.jpg

Tomorrow I'll have to take Bilém to another adopter. I don't know the person, but according to a girl from the group that rescues bunnies, it's a good person and already has a female rescued bunny, and now wants 2 more female bunnies. I really hope Bilém is happy there - please pray for her, I love her and wish I could keep her... I can't because I travel for too long and that's why I decided to only foster bunnies now instead of keeping them. Bilém is a sweetheart and I hope she gets happier than she is here. I know she missed her friend when she was adopted, now she'll have the chance to have new bunny friends, I just hope they don't bite her or fight.
You can imagine my fear to give Bilém especially now after what happened to her friend.. I know it was no one's fault, but I feel terrible about it. :(

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my Bilém.. she's so much more beautiful than when she got here! Her fur is soft and shiny, she's more confident and happier too... I hope she's happy in her new home!!

Pretty Bilém!!!

1-7553.jpg

2-7554.jpg

She's not stretching, that's how she lies down many times.. it'd be a great pic to make her dress like superman or another superhero flying... :) She feels like she owns the place already, so she tries to take as much space as she can, for she knows it's all HERS!! hehe Too bad I don't have a pic of her lying down on her food. I put veggies for her and she lies down on them, as if she's saying "that's aaaaall mine!" - I'm glad she feels like that, when she arrived she always lowered her head in submission, she was very scared and didn't like human company.. now she runs after me, asks for pets, treats (of course), 2 days ago for the 1st time she had the courage to jump on my lap to get a piece of banana.. she never had the courage for that before! So there she is, ready, after so much love and hard work, I'm giving her sweet and loved to someone else.. I just hope the person takes good care of her. I'm really worried... :nerves1

3-7555.jpg

Oh my gosh Viv! These are so cute! Bilem is GORGEOUS. I didn't see your blog until now because I was gone from RO for so long and recently just started to come back pretty regularly. It is great to hear that you have bunnies back in your life even if they are just foster bunnies. You do them a huge favor giving them a place to live. I hope that your foster bun get adopted!

Actually, she was..
She was adopted on August 20, by a boy who already had a female bunny. He took "my" Bilém and a gray baby bunny. He also has rescued hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.
I really loved Bilém, she was a SAINT, not a rabbit.. she seemed ok when she left though, she got to her new home and looked for water, ate and drank, lay down.. and she tried to be friends with the other bunny, who wasn't too friendly by then (she was put in a cage so the "intruders" could take her things..) but the boy said they started to be closer today. It breaks my heart to be apart from her, but he seems to be a good pet owner and Bilém wanted to be with other bunnies too...

Now I'm fostering a bunny called Carrot, she's unbelievable.. I'll start a blog for her.

What about you and the rabbit nation? I see that you've been fostering a bunny as well! It's good to see you back! I checked your blog but noticed you didn't write for some time, I don't know where the warnings are being sent when someone writes on a thread I'm following.. but will check yours more often now :)

So, well, I guess this is the end of Bilém's blog... but I'll post some more pics of her.

Actually, she was..
She was adopted on August 20, by a boy who already had a female bunny. He took "my" Bilém and a gray baby bunny. He also has rescued hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.
I really loved Bilém, she was a SAINT, not a rabbit.. she seemed ok when she left though, she got to her new home and looked for water, ate and drank, lay down.. and she tried to be friends with the other bunny, who wasn't too friendly by then (she was put in a cage so the "intruders" could take her things..) but the boy said they started to be closer today. It breaks my heart to be apart from her, but he seems to be a good pet owner and Bilém wanted to be with other bunnies too...

Now I'm fostering a bunny called Carrot, she's unbelievable.. I'll start a blog for her.

What about you and the rabbit nation? I see that you've been fostering a bunny as well! It's good to see you back! I checked your blog but noticed you didn't write for some time, I don't know where the warnings are being sent when someone writes on a thread I'm following.. but will check yours more often now :)

So, well, I guess this is the end of Bilém's blog... but I'll post some more pics of her.

Yes, the whole forum changed while I was gone for a long time. I don't really know how to track threads now or get email about them! I had been busy all last year with renovating my new house where I live now. And then like 3 weeks after I moved in I immediately put the new large space I have to fostering 3 baby lop bunnies. It took months to raise them until they could be neutered and finally adopted, and now I'm fostering my 4th baby bunny, Annie. Dahlia was a short term foster. Fostering is so different, a lot of fun and also from it I gained a lot of new experiences.

Latest posts

Back