Foster girl Katie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenk wrote:
myheart wrote:
You might have to let BlueFrog know that she should keep an eye out for another Princess. She sees so many different breeds ( & mixes) that I am sure she would jump at the chance to contact anyone with particular breeds in mind. Besides, she is in Illinois, so a JW could be closer than you think.
I'm actually not on the market to add anymore pets to my household at this time; so my dream bunny breeds are off the table, so to speak. :( Otherwise, I'd have a whole variety of 'em: Dutch, Holland Lop, Californian, New Zealand, Flemish Giant, etc., etc.

:biggrin2:

:yeahthat:Same here... Need to start thinking about a hobby farm :biggrin2:. One or two of everything, please!!!! Agreed on the Cali's, NZ, Flemmie's, and Dutch. I also need a pair of Cinnamons and JW's to round everything out. Wooley's are not that bad to take care of. Longer amount of "bad hair days" because it takes a bit longer for new coat to grow in after shed out.

Good luck with getting your dream bunnies (some day),

myheart

I just love those pics of Katie in Patrick's divot. It's surprising how regal she looks while laying in the dirt!:p

And Janet how dare you do her nails yourself! She needs to go to a full-service salon and get foot massages and nail polish along with it. That reminds me, my princess needs her nails done soon. I always put it off for as long as possible with her. Ugh.

Edit: BTW Janet, the Sheboygan shelter has a REWrabbit that looks like a New Zealand/lop mix. I'll take another look tomorrow, I think he/she was a little smaller than Oberon and had helicopter ears. *me so evil*

You are so right... Now it is my turn to be remiss in my duties as a good bunny-slave. With a snap of the fingers, Katie should have had a whole team of people for pedicures, manicures, cut, color, and style. Oh man..... What do you think my punishment is going to be (other than "the butt" and "dirty looks" treatment)? :?:D

myheart

naturestee wrote:
Edit: BTW Janet, the Sheboygan shelter has a REWrabbit that looks like a New Zealand/lop mix. I'll take another look tomorrow, I think he/she was a little smaller than Oberon and had helicopter ears. *me so evil*
I already know you are evil! ;)I don't know if smaller than my Oberon would fit the bill....

myheart wrote:
:yeahthat:Same here... Need to start thinking about a hobby farm :biggrin2:. One or two of everything, please!!!! Agreed on the Cali's, NZ, Flemmie's, and Dutch. I also need a pair of Cinnamons and JW's to round everything out. Wooley's are not that bad to take care of. Longer amount of "bad hair days" because it takes a bit longer for new coat to grow in after shed out.

Good luck with getting your dream bunnies (some day),
I laughed aloud when I read this post;I often tell my hubby that I want a hobby farm. (And he always tells me to "dream on.")

So I've "settled" for the dream ofhaving 2-3 horses, 2-4 rabbits, 1-2 goat(s), 1-2 sheep, 1-2 chicken(s), two cats and one dog. (I've not yet sold Dear Hubby on my mini-hobby farm idea, either. :?)

Jenk wrote:
I laughed aloud when I read this post;I often tell my hubby that I want a hobby farm. (And he always tells me to "dream on.")

So I've "settled" for the dream ofhaving 2-3 horses, 2-4 rabbits, 1-2 goat(s), 1-2 sheep, 1-2 chicken(s), two cats and one dog. (I've not yet sold Dear Hubby on my mini-hobby farm idea, either. :?)

I know of some one trying to sell their horses, one is a beautiful chestnut mare. :biggrin2:What's with only wanting one dog?!!! Pairs are better. Maybe that is just me, but I prefer bookends. :pSometimes the third or fourth is just thrown in for good measure.

myheart

Today is my last full day with Princess Katie. I know I won't be able to take her outside, one last time, because the weather is way too hot for a little bun. Maybe it will cool down this evening.

I guess I should put together a list of things to bring along in the anticipation that she will not be taking the return trip to my home. I keep telling myself that Pepper will take good care of her. I just hope that Katie will reciprocate his love/bond and grooming. I know Katie has it in her to be good, but I am sure it will just take time to adapt toher new schedule and environment.

Well, not sure what else to say. Katie has definitely change my world and I am sure she will change her new mom and dad's world if they decide to adopt her. She is a Princess who knows how to charm, as well as be a brat, and still get her way no matter what. :D

myheart

Ironically, I ran across Katie (on her original shelter homepage) via PetFinder.com earlier today. I'd normally call it "fate" (that Katie should be mine). :D But I know better (am thinking more clearly) at the moment. *sigh*

I hope that she fits into her new family seamlessly. (She's so dang cute, how could anyone not love her immediately??? :?)

PS: I must decline the horses for sale, including the "beautiful chestnut mare." (Blast these moments of clear-headedness!)

PSS: I'm not totally adverse to having two dogs, though my hubby is not a dog person. (He wasn't raised with them and had the misfortune of knowing badly-behaved dogs when he was younger.) I think that I might be able to sway him in time....;)

This will probably bemy last post for Princess Katie, provided all goes well during her next date with Pepper. So I have taken the privilege of taking a few nice pictures of Katie and a few, shall we say, more candid pictures of Katie. She really is a great little rabbit with a great big personality.

I was fortunate enough to have the weather turn cooler about an hour before the sun set. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to take Katie outside one more time, and I ended up with some of the nicest pictures of her. She seemed very relaxed and very much herself. Hope you all enjoy these photos even though they might take two posts because it was very difficult to pick and chose the ones that I liked best. :D

I don't believe I have ever posted any of her washer-bun pictures. She is very fastidious when I take her out. Paws, face, and ears must be kept clean. Otherwise the paparazzi will make up horrible stories about her staying out well past dawn at various nightclubs. LOL!!!

P8230505-1.jpg

P8230534-1.jpg

Katie is a very curious little girl. I ended up getting a few close-ups of her because she is always feeling things with her nose/whiskers. There isn't a morning that goes by that she doesn't give me a little nudge in the ankle with her fuzzy nose. I am going to miss that type of "Good Morning" greeting....

Anyhow, Katie close-ups:

P8230514-1.jpg

P8230515-1.jpg

P8230516-1.jpg

Look at the little mouth.... I swear that is just like Billy's mouth. If Billy had hair, he would look just like Katie!!!! We won't talk about Katie not having hair... I think she already has a complex with losing her coat. :p

myheart

:inlove: Those are some nice (dare I say parting) shots of Katie. I'll miss new photos of her--unless, of course, you convince her new family to join RO and continue posting them, as well as general updates onher newadventures. :biggrin2:

Now for the more photogenic picture of my little girl. Many of these pictures are so close, but they all provide just a little bit different angle of Katie's face. Her expression is so priceless to me, that even series shots hold something unique.

P8230523-1.jpg

P8230524-1.jpg

P8230525-1.jpg

P8230526-1.jpg

P8230527-1.jpg

P8230528-1.jpg

P8230529-1.jpg

P8230535-1.jpg

Those are all of the pictures I will probably post of Katie. As you are able to tell, it is very difficult to chose a favorite. I did see a couple of pics that were very good in my eyes. I guess that is how I view them--How will they look in a frame? I don't even think I would hesitate to frame the close-ups because I was there to experience her checking out the camera. It is those moments that make the memories and the pictures come to life.

Katie is a precious soul, as are all of the fur-babies in our care. Each of us provide the safe environment, food, and touch that keep them going. They provide the memories that we hope will last our life-time.

At the end of our little photo session, I was treated to a splendid series of binkies. Katie is amazing to watch when the mood strikes her to let it all hang out. My friend was finally witness to her craziness, and he was in shock that such a little girl could express so much in a few moves of graceful dance. After all of these weeks of taking pictures, the battery in my camera died so I was unable to take video of her awesome moves. I will have the memory of them though, and perhaps her new mom and dad will be a bit more handy with the video camera to capture those moments on digital (film).

FuzzyLove, I hope Katie and Pepper hit it off splendidly during their date. It may be too early to say this, although we feel this is a match made in heaven, but please keep us posted on how they develop their bond and their love for each other. We will all be watching for some pictures or video of them cuddling and grooming each other. I am sure Katie will blossom and flourish in your home (provided you keep her Princess status in mind :D).

myheart

Katie is thinking "Next time you put that pink thing in my hair i will bite your hand of. I swear it on the Bunny god:bunnyangel:"

Jenk wrote:
:inlove: Those are some nice (dare I say parting) shots of Katie. I'll miss new photos of her--unless, of course, you convince her new family to join RO and continue posting them, as well as general updates onher newadventures. :biggrin2:

Thanks Jenk.... Katie can't help but be photogenic. She is a Princess after all. :p

If all goes wellwith Katie and Pepper's date, FuzzyLove will be her new parents. They have already posted on Katie's blog. I am sure they will become addicted to RO, not only for the blogs and fun, but also the wealth of information in the library, infirmary, and nutrition threads. I have learned so much from reading these threads that warning signs are so much easier to pick up on. And who can resist posting pics and reading other bunny blogs :p.

So, yes, we will have to keep an eye out for the Prince Pepper and Princess Katie blog (hint, hint,....) :biggrin2:.

myheart

The date went very well. We have adopted Katie and I've started a blog "Royal Couple - Katie & Pepper" under Warm and Fuzzy > Bunny Blogs . Pictures from the second date will be posted shortly.

Fuzzy Love

FuzzyLove wrote:
The date went very well. We have adopted Katie and I've started a blog "Royal Couple - Katie & Pepper" under Warm and Fuzzy > Bunny Blogs . Pictures from the second date will be posted shortly.
:woohooThat's great news!

I'll be sure to check out your new blog to keep tabs on sweet Katie (and, of course, Pepper). :D

Latest posts

Back