Foster girl Katie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myheart

Reaction score
I would like to introduce all of you to Katie, a Jersey WoolyI am fostering.

P6200990-1.jpg

Katie has been with me for about six/seven weeks now. I picked her up from TreasuredFriends when Patch and Luna went in to have their last dentals done. I had just enough time during their proceduresto run down to Port Washington, which is aproximately a half-way point for the two of us to meet up. Personally, I don't think TreasuredFriends wanted to give Katie up because the poor little girl was drowning in smooches and hugs prior to being handed to me :p.

Katie ended up with the Poofy Underpants title because I e-mailed TreasuredFriends to tell her how Katie was getting on, but said something aboutKatiehaving poofy underpants because her undercoat was starting to shed out along the line right above the base of her tail. It struck TreasuredFriends as so funny, that it stuck with Katie. Since then, there has been more hair coming out, but I don't want to take too much because she won't look like her picture on Petfinder. I could just see a potential adopter's face when they meet a half-plucked bunny who looks nothing like her picture or a Jersey Wooly :shock:. Her hair color is actually coming in a bit darker, more like the color right above the dark patch on her nose. I asked the vet if this is seasonal or baby hair shedding out. I figure it could be a combination of both especially if no one else has taken the time to get rid on the baby hair for Katie. Her hair is amazingly easy to care for even though she is not fond of the process of plucking out lose hairs. :D

I can't say for sure why I have not posted a thread for Katie in these past few weeks. Maybe it is because she really isn't mine and could go to an adoptive family at any time. I think starting a blog for her places a bit of attachment, but then again, so does all of the pictures I have taken of her during these few weeks. So I am starting a blog for Katie to share all of her beautiful pictures and more of her personality, so when her adoptive family joins the forum, they will be able to read her thread just as I did when I adopted Luna. Now Katie will be "real and permanent" to the forum just as all of the rest of our babies are, fostered or not.

myheart

Here are a few more pictures of Katie. These were taken by TreasuredFriends while Katie was waiting for transport to our meeting destination.

MyHeartFosterAINTLikinThePinkFuf-1.jpg

MyHeartKatherineJulieHandsRS.jpg

MyHeartKatherineFosterRS.jpg

KateSidewaysPoseSofa_8593.jpg

KateRelaxingInPenJun408.jpg

MyHeartPinkBarretteFoofyDo.jpg

MyHeartBarretteAINTFunny.jpg

I had to include the pics of Katie wearing a barette because they are cute and because TreasuredFriends was so excited about Katie's ability to wear hair accessories. I do not remember if I told her, but Katie's little tuft on the top of her head was actually lose undercoat that has already come out. Sorry to say, but she now sports a small divet on her head where the barette once was in place. I am sure new hair will come in, but it seems to be taking its time. lol :p

I also just wanted to say that TreasureFriends has the most spectacular gift when it comes to rabbits. I have no idea how she is able to get half of the pictures she is able to take with bunnies sitting for their portraits.TreasuredFriends is so passionate about rabbits, rescues, and happy endings that it is not difficult to see this passion shine through whena bunis in her care. I do have some very nice pictures of our meeting forKatie to come home with me where one is clearly able to see her passion. Those willbe pictures I have to keep to myself per TreasuredFriends' request unless I try to crop her out. Sorry, I can't/won't do any croping because that will deminish the value of the pictures. So the next post will be of Katie at my house.

myheart

Pictures of Katie's first few days at my house:

P6200984-1.jpg

P6200985-1.jpg

P6231008-1.jpg

I had started Katie out with her cage space plus an exercise pen to play in. Amazingly enough, she started to bond with Pearl, my hunter cat. :shock:Any one who has read about Luna coming to the house will understand my apprehension about Pearl being a hunter-puss and new bunnies. Anyhow, Katie and Pearl would lie exactly parallel to each other with the exercise pen wiresin between them. Pearl would try to paw at Katie through to wires, but Katie, being unfazed by the harassment, would go back for more. I did manage to get one picture of the two messing around with each other:

P6200999-1.jpg

I have other pictures of the two of them messing around, but they are most active around ten o'clock at night when the lighting is not good, so the picture have turned out a bit blurred. Pearl will try to practice her pouncing on Katie, only to find that Katie just sits tight. So the game is over and Katie ends up getting a paw to the top of herhead as if to say, "That is what you get for not playing the game the right way! :X" Poor Pearl tried the pouncing thing a few times with no response from Katie. I think Katie became a bit tired of getting slapped on the head, because the last time Pearl did her wind-up, Katie hopped right in front of her and settle about five/six inches from her. Katie probably stuck her tongue out also to ruin Pearl's fun all the more. Now I am not sure if Katie wants a bunny-friend. She may want a cat of her own for a companion...:p

myheart

drunkenbunnyhugger wrote:
awww so cute! Katie is a cutie pie! And I love seeing cats & bunnies together checking each other out, so adorable!

I agree. Having pictures of rabbits with other house-pets are the pictures that most people can't believe. It's like people have to say, "Let me get this straight... You have a rabbit living in your house, and they are buddies with your cat and dog?!!!!" Those comments are priceless. I just adore hearing the stories of dogs or cats taking the rabbit in, or even vice versa, the rabbit taking the dog or cat in. It's all about best friend bonds that last their lifetimes. :DThank goodness for diversity...

myheart

Oh MyHeart I am so happy you have Katie; and giggled out loud about the Barrette story!! And what a fantastic idea to start a blog for a foster - really fantastic idea!

Might be a good idea for the Moderators to think about and perhaps more members would do it and then perhaps more people would be find one particular bun interesting and adopt MORE!

Finally!!! I've been bugging you about aKatieblog for weeks!:p

I got to meet Miss Poofy Underpants when Myheart brought her to my house to see if she and Fey would get along. Alas, Fey was not properly submissive for the Poofy Princess so Katie started getting mad. Nobunny was hurt, just somewhat annoyed.

I do have to say that after petting Katie I'm not nearly as afraid of Jersey Wooley-type fur as I used to be. It's super soft and gorgeous but she doesn't seem to have problems with matting.

Hopefully Katie will find her forever home soon, and her new family will join RO just like Myheart did when she adopted Luna!:clover:

During the first few weeks of Katie being here, I realized I was housing a very special bunny. Not just any sort of bunny.... But a Princess bunny!!!! Yes, the type of bunny that would have been Homecoming Queen if they were to attend high school!

To tell you the truth, I was not sure how to handle a Princess bun. Should I approach her on hands and knees as any good bunny slave should do? Do I ask her if she needs anything everytime I walk through her room? Ooo, and speaking of that, do I bow down without making eye contact as I walk through? This was all new to me as most of my critters are average to slightly above average in their household status. The only one to make any bones about anything out of place has been Queen Gertrude, my Siamese mix. She will tell me like it is without hesitation. (Actually I tend to think she was someone's mother-in-law in her past life, but don't tell her that...)

So what does one do for a Princess? One gets a sign clearly stating that the Princess resides in her abode which happens tohave apenthouse appartment. Every Princess needs to be able to watch over her relm to make sure the peasants and slaves do as they are told and not messing with her stuff. (The Princess does not care for her stuff being moved for cleaning. She has to oversee the entire process to make sure cleaning and fillingare done according to her specifications.)

P7081067-1-1.jpg

I found this neat little sign to hang on Princess Katie of Poofy Underpants' residence. There is a lady on Ebay who designs all sorts of neat signs for pet owners. She was a bit surprised that I wanted a sign for my foster bunny, and stated that no one has ever asked for a sign for thier bunny before. I told her that with all of the different bunny personalities out there, it would take her a little bit to cover all of the different moods and needs individuals rabbits have. She laughed and said she had better get to work...:biggrin2:

So when Katie gets adopted, her new mom/dad will be able to hang her Princess sign on her new adode and permanent place of residence. I am sure Katie is hoping for another penthouse, but we all can't be too picky if a new slave doesn't knowto accomodate suchimportant needs. :p

myheart

Not to hijack MYhearts Katie blog but I always forget to ask you naturestree the bun in your avatar is that its tongue sticking out or a carrot? I think since I joined back in March I've been meaning to ask..

You'll now return to the Katie/poofypant princess blog..

juliew19673 wrote:
And what a fantastic idea to start a blog for a foster - really fantastic idea!

Might be a good idea for the Moderators to think about and perhaps more members would do it and then perhaps more people would be find one particular bun interesting and adopt MORE!

Julie, I have thought about this for a little while also. I know the forum is big enough with all of the topics and threads, but perhaps a topic/section justfor fosters would be a good idea. Available bunnies and adoption stories might be what some of us bunny slaves need to keep us going. I think a topic in between Rescue Me and Bunny Blogs would be appropriate. Something for that transitional time while foster babies are waiting for their forever homes. As you said, it might also make forum members aware of available buns and help match buns with people they know, or themselves. :biggrin2:

Something to think about mods...

myheart

naturestee wrote:
Myheart, check out these woolies:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=38013&forum_id=8

Pretty close, huh?

So Princess Katie could be a Siamese Sable? Wow, she is royalty then isn't she?!!!

I noticed her mask is a bit smaller than the ones in the pictures. I wonder if the masking counts/matters to breed standards or not. Perhaps a Wooly breeder could chime in to let us know how close Katie is to breed standards. It won't bother Katie at all, she doesn't listen to what the peasants have to say anyhow.:lalalala:It is her relm and that is the way it is... :bow

myheart

I'll bring it up. I know I usually do a thread for my fosters and a few other people do too. It'll probably depend on whether we're worried about the forum getting too cluttered with subforums and such.

naturestee wrote:
I got to meet Miss Poofy Underpants when Myheart brought her to my house to see if she and Fey would get along. Alas, Fey was not properly submissive for the Poofy Princess so Katie started getting mad. Nobunny was hurt, just somewhat annoyed.

Ahem... Did you even mention to her "penthouse apartment"? With a view? I didn't think so.... that could be the problem you know, not Fey. You might have to put that on your list of "things to remeber when in the presence of a Princess." Poofy Underpants expects comfort as well as companionship. :D

myheart

LOL! Yes, if it were to work out I would have obviously needed to do some more building in Fey's pen, as it only has one large shelf with no window view.

But she would have gotten a big, muscular boy bunny slave in the deal!

naturestee wrote:
But she would have gotten a big, muscular boy bunny slave in the deal!

Orrrrr.... Oberon could have come home with me, leaving Katie and Fey to a bigger apartment where a window might not be as necessary...

myheart

Katie has a potential adopter waiting to set up date appointments with her little guy, Pepper. This will be Katie's second opportunity to try out the dating scene. She, of course in her Princess ways, must take her time to decide who will be the appropriate match for herself.

The only thing is that she has just started allowing me to approach her for pets and cheeck-rubs. I think she has finally accepted me :D.What if she likes Pepper? What if she doesn't like Pepper? What happens then....?

myheart

Latest posts

Back