FOSTER: 2 bunnies need foster homes - **RESOLVED!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, if its a good home, I wouldn't have a problem with Nikki getting them, a Cali to Nevada trip would be so much less stressful on the buns. Depending on where ya'll are located at exactly, maybe even a meetup.

But the final call is ultimately Okirons.

Maybe you can post an Introduction so Okiron (and others) will know a little more about you?

Welcome to RO regardless. :)

sas :wave:

If only we lived closer!

I am fostering a little Holland Lop named Royce for one year. His owner is having moving issues, and needed a year. I agreed to help her out because I was in the exact situation over the summer when I left home on an immature basis.

I've only ever done long term fostering for shelters (And ended up adopting all of my shelter fosters XP).

Originally, Royce's owner posted on RO and I didn't have much interest. She then contacted my shelter, who contacted me. We chatted, I agreed and then realized she was on RO! Maybe you could contact your shelter for possibly long term foster homes.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind fostering one up here for you in Vancouver!

My name in Nicole, I am 24. I live in Henderson which right next to Las Vegas (I am 5 miles from the strip if that helps). I have a lop that is about a year old. I got her from a lady who had to move and couldn't take all of her rabbits with her. I was told she was a French lop, but I think she is a Holland because she is only 4lbs. I have been looking to get a few more rabbits over some time. But I would rather get them from people who can not keep them any longer, than get one at a pet shop. Trying to do a little for the bunnies that need new homes. I work for the airlines, and am a pet counselor in my spare time. I used to do it full time but unfortunately it doesn’t pay the bills :)

When I saw the post where she is looking for foster for Chubbs and Lilith I thought that is perfect because I can foster Lilith (hopefully Chubbs too) and then she will get to keep them and I will get to help someone like me. :) I have been in those shoes so many times before, now that I am stable I want to do the same for others. I eventually want to get a Flesher giant for myself, but for now, I like helping people in need.

So I just read what I wrote and I sound like a total dork! LOL but, it is me. My poor husband, he has to deal with all my "good deeds" :) Glad there are still a few good men out there! So yeah, I think I am out of things to write without going into my whole life story. :) hope you enjoy reading.

Zin - The only issue I'd have with you taking them is how they would get there. I have no money to transport (if I did then I wouldn't need fosters lol) and the members are lacking in the transport lines of Cali/Arizona/New Mexico and Texas.

Nikki - I couldn't guarantee anything on the behavior of Lilith and Chubbs. They're getting into their teenage times and they're unpredictably hormonal. Chubbs nips when you don't give him his food fast enough or not giving him enough pets. Lilith will nip on occasion if you're ignoring her too long. How did you come about joining RO?

April - Honestly you would be the best candidate to foster because Errik and I are planning on driving up to
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] Courtenay in the summer so picking up would work perfectly. And I already know you enough to trust you with my buns. But as with the issue I have with Zin, I have no way of getting them to you.

I can't believe so many of you are willing to help. I am thankful for the thoughts.
[/font]

Accually I have been looking for a Flemish of my own. I was googleing Flemish breeders when I ran across the website. I really like it. and decided to join. There are enough of you guys here that can answer questions, share stories, and help out other bunny lovers.

If Nikki could handle chubbs - could she fly them in on the airlines where she works? or could you split them up and have her foster Lilith (who you really want to keep strings to for Erikk?)

If anything Bo, I'll have someone foster Lilith and keep Chubbs because Lilith seems to be easier to place. As long as we get her back in the end, Errik will be fine. And 3 cats and a rabbit is easier to take care of than 3 rabbits and 3 cats. The ratties were never a problem thanks to their wider variety in diet.

I know - it's hard knowing that you have to part with them. In the Summer - I was so selfish about being away from them for more than a day when I left home, that I even brought them to work with me! My boyfriend had to bring me to tears before I allowed someone to care for them for a month and a half.

When I try to flew a bun over.. I learned that West Jet charges $50.00 for any animal as long as they are a carry on, and under the person's seat. If the animal was flying cargo, it depends on the weight of the animal and the size of the carrier. My estimate for a rabbit as cargo was around $68. Even if you were to just split the cost between yourself and the potential adoptions/fosterers, I don't think it would be too bad.

No problem Okrion. I'll always be in Vancouver if you ever decide what to do! =]

Well Lumi is with Rosie now. I was fine till they left, then I started crying. I miss her already. She's my original baby. I brought her home from the animal shelter. She was a stray with a litter of kits. Everyone wanted the babies but I wanted her. She was heartbroken for the first month I had her. She bonded with Nilla so easily. I didn't know what to do when he died, I thought I was going to lose her too.

I don't know if I'll have the heart to let go of the flemmies. It would be wise to for now, but right now with the broken heart I have over Lumi, I just don't know if I could handle losing more of my babies, even if it is temporary.

Oh, Sweetie...my love to you...

I know how hard a time you're having...

Try to be rest assured that she's still COMPLETELY your baby, and that while we're gonna spoil her rotten and treat her like royalty, I'll be reminding her of you all the while. :)

Yes, I call myself Foster Mommy...but she'll remember who her REAL Mama is...:)

:hug:

And, tell ya what...why don't you hang onto your Flemmie sweethearts...and when we move, if you still need some help, we'll take them on for a bit, too...or one of them...or whatever you need. You just take some time to handle one thing at a time, ok?

Just know that Lumi is in a very love-filled place. And like I told you earlier...she's just at a bunny spa for a time, that's all! :)

Loads of love and hugs to you,

Rosie*

Well after talking to Rosie and Cathy, I have come to some conclusions that would make this a happy story.

I'm going to max out a credit card and get Chubbs and Lilith speutered now instead of waiting. Lumi will stay with Rosie till we move. We're going to try to keep Lilith and Chubbs for now. Rosie is helping us a LOT with it.

Thank you everyone with your open arms and thoughts :) Please continue giving us your thoughts so we don't run into more bumps on the road.

Any mods who see this, you could consider it resolved for now :)

Thats great news! Do you think the two can be together once theyre neutered? That would make things so much easier on you.

Please keep us posted- it sounds like you have a lot of amazing people willing to help!

Haley

PS. Nikki, youre awesome for offering to help! Flemmies are awesome! Have you checked Petfinder yet? You can search by area code for pets who need homes.

Haley they've never lost their bond even when separated. They could be together again the second they're speutered and healed. I know, a lot of people have been a lot of help to me and still are helping (coughZinandRosiecough)

Aww...it's cuz we thinks your wonderfuls, Rina!!! :biggrin2:

okiron I just wanted to tell you that I am in Arizona, and I am definitely willing to help in the ways of transport if you ever need to do so!

But of course, my first choice is always for you to be able to keep your bunners!!! I'm so glad this may work out well for you, and I'm so sorry you were ever faced with that decision in the first place. I can't even imagine what that must have been like or felt like for you...

You are always loved here at RO!

Tracy

Thank you Tracy, I'll keep you in mind if it's ever needed :) And don't worry, I will never abuse that privilege.

Latest posts

Back