FOSTER: 2 bunnies need foster homes - **RESOLVED!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiron

Reaction score
This is a post I thought I would never have to make. I would not be making this unless we've covered every other possible option. Without going into detail, Errik and I have hit a HIGH bump in the road of life. I'm convulsing from all the crying and have thought about this for a while now.

I am looking for new homes for Lumi, Lilith and Chubbs. Ideally, I would love them to be taken by people who would be willing to foster them for us for about 4-5 months. But, we cannot offer any sort of payment and 5 months is a long time so I'm not going to count on it.

Lumi is a black female god knows what. She's about 5lbs and spayed. I don't know how old she is. She's done fine as both an inside and outside bunny. She's a bit skittish and HATES being held but once she warms up LOVES to be petted.

Chubbs is a blue male flemish giant. He was born on October 26, 2007 making him 4 months old. He is not neutered yet because I was waiting till he was about 8 months old before neuter. He is completely hormonal nowadays and very aggressive. When he's not like this he's a loving baby with spunk. He holds his own with my cats.

Lilith is a fawn female flemish giant. She is Chubbs' littermate/sister. I would love to see them go together because they are bonded though right now with Chubbs' hormones, he wants to mate with her more than anything so they have to stay separated. As with Chubbs, she is not spayed yet. Lilith is a sweetheart. She LOVES being petted and while free roaming will greet you at the door when she hears you come up. Her ear did heal back together for those of you wondering.

I would be willing to explain the whole story to anyone seriously interested in taking them. They have a right to know. But for everyone else, please respect my privacy and I really have no other option about this. Like I said, I would really prefer a foster situation instead but the time frame we're asking for is a bit long for it to be considered realistic. I would be willing to fly them but sadly it'd have to be at the new owner's expense. This is not the only place I'm advertising. I really need to find them new homes asap.

I am so sorry, Okiron. I wish there was something I could do but right now I'm not in a position to.

I really hope you find a good home for all of them.

:hug:

OMG, so sorry Okiron, this must be devastating. :tears2:

I know there are no guarantees, but how long do you think a foster situation might be for?

And who would you be most interested in getting back if something could be arranged?

I'm not sure that you should worry too much about keeping the Flemmies together. If they go out as single bunnies, there won't be any chances of any 'accidents', and I've actually found that bonding with a human first before a mate makes for a better human relationship.Maybe if they end up in fostercare (even if they still have to be adopted out down the road) they can find each other again.

So sorry you're going through this. :(

sas :hug1

Pipp a foster situation would be for about 4-5 months at least. That's if everything works out for us and no mishaps happen. I would LOVE to have them all back again but if I could only choose one, it'd have to be Lilith because she's Errik's baby and with all Errik has done for me, he deserves it. I know asking them together not speutered is too much and I'm not really counting on it. I really wish I had the money to speuter them, but I just don't right now. I wish I could just keep them and not even bother making this thread, but life doesn't seem to work out the way you want it to.

Okiron, I'm so sorry you're having troubles :hug: I really hope you're able to find someone to foster them! Don't give up hope, I had to have someone foster my ratties for me for about two months early last year (long story), they refused to be paid, took good care of the girls, allowed us to visit and as soon as we moved into our apartment, we got them back. I'd think there would be a good number of people who would be willing to foster them, especially knowing that you'll be coming back for them!

I wish you the best with this.

Thanks Bo, Shiloh and everyone who has pmed me.

It seems like everyone is full right now and I'm getting a bit desperate. Seems like no one could take in my babies, permanently or temporary. I will go hungry and homeless before ever taking them to the shelter so don't worry about that.

Well I put up a Craigslist posting to see if someone would be willing to foster (no word of rehoming). Well I get this girl who's a petsitter trying to find business. I replied with, if I could afford $3600 to pay you I would be able to keep the animals to begin with. Now she is calling me every name in the book and telling me how much she'll hurt me physically if we were to meet up. Yeah, exactly the type of person I want watching my animals. Oh and she flagged my post down lmao.

I'm currently talking to Hubby about having us take in Lumi...nothing concrete yet...

We could put her cage on top of SweetPea and Cuddles' cages in Em's room...

I'll update when I know for sure, either way.

Ok...looks like it's gonna be a yes to us fostering Lumi...Hubby just wants a night to think about it a bit. It's not the financial aspect of things, or even the space aspect...just the prospect of adding another body to the household.

I'm sure it'll be a yes...so no worries...Lumi will have a place with us. :)

And I've told Rina, no matter what happens...we're here, and she has a place to live, and people to dote on her. :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

Ok...Hubby's had his night to think about things, and has said yes to us fostering Lumi...so that's handled. :)

Anyone able to foster the Flemmies???

I know of someone besides me who is interested in them.......and I would take them in a heartbeat but I don't have the money for the flight (I'd take them to foster them OR keep them....however it worked out).

Chubbs had my heart from the first moment I saw him......I'm bawled when I first heard about him. Then I went back and looked at the photos of him and Lillith and started crying...they were so cute together.

But I think someone has already beat me to the idea of getting them....at least that is what I'm guessing....and I'm ok with that too.

Peg

Peg just the thought of you willing to take them is something I'm thankful for.

And I already owe Rosie my first born, I'm not sure what I could offer her and her husband with their generous offer.

I'd help if I was closer. I am so glad to read that Rosie is going to help. I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time, I know what this is like.

Hopefully someone will pull through for your other buns. Paws crossed here, for your buns, and that you get through your current difficulties.

maherwoman wrote:
Ok...Hubby's had his night to think about things, and has said yes to us fostering Lumi...so that's handled. :)

Tell your husband like I have said time and again he rocks!

JadeIcing wrote:
maherwoman wrote:

Tell your husband like I have said time and again he rocks!
I'll let him know! :)

You rock, too, Hun. :)

Hi! I have spoken to my husband and would love to take in Lilith. I would take both of them but I am a little hessitant to how aggressive Chubbs is right now. If you can convince me that he isnt going to bite my husband I would love to take both of them. I have a large cage 42" square by 36" high and one whole side opens for the door. and will build a second for the other. We have experiance with rabbits and she/they will have room to run around my whole house and will only go to her/their cages for bed time until they are fully litter box trained then once fixed no more cage. You can e-mail me at nikkigensrich@yahoo . I live in Las Vegas but will fly out to get her/them if you are willing to meet me. :)

See.....I knew Rick was a good man. Did BlunderWoman help convince him?

I'm so happy for you - but just know this - once you have a flemmie in your home - you will not want to be without one again...

Peg

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Rick said I could have em....

YEEHAW.....

There ya go, Okiron, not one offer, but three!!! :hug1

Zin, of course you're awesome. :) (So's Rick!)

Nikki, I'm sure youroffer is much appreciated as well!! :big kiss:Were you looking for a Flemish?

sas:agree

Latest posts

Back