Forum Traveling Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Are you interested in Wendell, Rabbits Online's traveling stuffed bunny? If so, this is the right thread to be in! If you would like to read about Wendell's adventures, check out his blog. Here is some information about Wendell:

Who is Wendell the Wandering Wabbit? First of all, this is Wendell:

IMG_8329resized.jpg

Wendell is a small stuffed bunny that I crocheted specifically for this endeavor. His name means "wanderer" and he is a sort of good will ambassador for the Rabbits Online community!

What does Wendell do? Forum members from all over the world sign up to host Wendell. He gets mailed from person to person. Each host then takes him out to do some activity and posts photos and a description of the adventure in his blog. You can show him your town, bring him along if you go to a football game or on a hiking trip, take photos of him working in the garden with you or making cupcakes, really anything you want! Please share lots of photos if you can since seeing pictures is so much fun :D

What are my responsibilities if I decide to host Wendell? It's pretty straightforward! As mentioned earlier, if you decide to have Wendell come visit you, it will be up to you to do some sort of activity with him and then post about the activity in Wendell's blog. After Wendell's visit with you, which should be about 1 week in duration, you are responsible for sending him to the next host. You will need to pay for shipping yourself, but it should not be expensive since Wendell is light weight and not fragile. I originally sent him out in a small box, but you can send him in a padded envelope or something if you wish. Just make sure he won't be damaged. I put him inside a plastic bag to make sure he won't get wet. Also, please resist the urge to stick other things in the package with him. It would be so much fun if we could all add something to the package, but that will unfortunately make him more expensive to ship. Last of all, please check your PMs. When it is your turn to host Wendell, I will send you a PM asking you if you are ready for him. Please reply to it or else Wendell will move on to the next person in line. Once you have received him and are ready to mail him off, I will send you the next host's address. Please let me know when you have mailed him.

How long can Wendell stay with me? Please try very hard to keep Wendell's visit to about a week, with two weeks maximum. There are lots of people who want to meet him so he unfortunately cannot stay long in each place!

How do I sign up to host Wendell? Just send me a PM with your full name and address, and I will place you on the list! If you do NOT hear back from me, assume I did not get your PM and try again. Things go wrong sometimes and I would hate for anyone to miss out on hosting him. Note that there are 17 people signed up right now and people go on the list more or less in the order that they sign up. I will need to tweak the order though if someone will be out of town, or if people from the same part of the world outside of the US sign up. For instance, if a person from Australia is #6 on the list and then someone from New Zealand signs up and is #18, I will bump the person from New Zealand to #7 so Wendell will go to them right after they visit Australia. This will cut down on shipping costs and travel times. When you PM me, PLEASE let me know if you live in the USA and are willing to ship outside the United States! Shipping internationally will cost a bit more, but should not be too expensive. You will need to fill out customs forms at the post office, but it isn't hard. If you live outside the United States, unfortunately you will need to be willing to ship internationally since we wouldn't want poor Wendell to get stranded in a foreign country.

If I decide to host Wendell, will my address be available to all Rabbits Online members? No. I will have the full address list, but the only people that will see your address is whoever mails Wendell to you and whoever you send Wendell to (since they will see your return address on the box). The address list will NOT be used for anything other than mailing Wendell.

Please PM me if you have any other questions!

Sounds like my mom and aunt. My aunt left a chocolate chip cookie at my mom's house once upon a time, so my mom mailed it to her. So my aunt mailed it back to her from a different location. This went on for more than thirty years, and that cookie made it all over the Continental US, Hawaii and Alaska. Anytime we went on a vacation, we were pressed into service. Think a crocheted bunny would be even more fun.

They do (or at least, once did) something like that over at Bunspace - they had two stuffed bunnies making the rounds, one domestic and one international. It looks like a lot of fun, and when I used to check in over there regularly, I enjoyed watching the bunnies' travels.

Let's give it a go, why not? I'd give it an upstate NY home away from home anytime.

Mike, I wasn't aware of that! I don't hit up Bunspace very often. Oh well, that's okay!! And Larry, that's pretty funny about the cookie. Bet it was just a baggy of crumbs pretty quickly.

Glad to hear there is interest :D Please PM me your name and address if you want to participate. I will ask a mod to change my main post so anyone who reads it and wants to join the fun will know they should PM me their address! And people are really welcome to join whenever they want, I can just add them to the end of the list.

Okay, as for the stuffed bunny. What about this guy? http://veryberryhandmade.co.uk/my-crochet-patterns/big-ears-bunny-crochet-pattern/ He's little and really cute. I've looked at lots of bunny crochet patterns and I like him. Looked over the directions also and I know I can make him! I will TRY to make him this weekend. My in-laws will be here so it will be pretty busy, but it would be great to take him along to the places we go so he can have a little Alaskan adventure to kick off his travels!

Ooh, I might do it! I reckon the bunny'd love visiting NZ. :) I'll have to think about it though; just 'cos I always take ages making decisions. :p

No problem, Anaira! If you decide you want to do it, I will place you behind someone who doesn't mind mailing the bunny to a different country. It isn't hard and should be cheap since the bun will be little, but some people may not feel comfortable with customs forms!

Mike, thank you for editing the main post! And Ali, you can join whenever you feel ready :) Can't wait to see the bunny posed with Aaliyah.

So far 2 people are on the list: Mike Scone and Woahlookitsme. So after Alaska, the bun will be visiting New York, then Texas! Awesome!

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm wondering about; if it's fair to make someone mail to NZ. I'm completely clueless about things like postage, so I have no idea how much it'd cost, or anything like that though!

Brenda, send me your address and I'll add you to the list! So far we have 6 confirmed participants, including me :D

BunMommaD, once the bunny is ready, I will probably start his own little blog to record his travels.

I got yarn last night and so far the bunny has a head, body, and an ear. I still need to make the other ear, the arms and legs, the tail, the face, then sew everything together. Back to work for me!

This is brilliant! I'm in as soon as I get an address. Also Ariana I'll ship it to you no problems! I was just recently international so very familiar with the different postal systems.

PS That's a cute little bunny pattern.

Anaira wrote:
Ooh, I might do it! I reckon the bunny'd love visiting NZ. :) I'll have to think about it though; just 'cos I always take ages making decisions. :p

Currently I'm in Guam, so we are on the same side of the world :) I don't mind shipping internationally either!

I want in!!

Latest posts

Back