Forum Bunny Breed Categories?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
It occured to me that although RO has a breed page section thing for individual breeds, they often won't have pictures, or you won't have a real connection with them (I'm not sure how to explain that part....they're not familiar?)

I thought it would be a pretty neat idea if we were to make a section on RO with the different breeds, and then a list of everyone's bunny on the forum that is that breed, with their pictures under their names. Pretty cool, yeah?
So people looking through the breeds wouldn't just have things like Dutch: 'Weight, show points, etc' but they'd have things like Dutch: 'Harper, Max, Basil...etc' With pictures for each one. And then maybe a mixed breed/unkown section?

I dunno, I just thought it could be a potentially good idea, especially for people new to the forum, or that can't remember what breed someone's rabbit was :p There are so many, after all.

Well, all those breed threads originally had pictures, but... then the forum had serious issues and had to be moved to a different web address. A lot of photos were lost.

We were hoping to just stick with pictures of rabbits that meet the breed standards so people can see what they look like. Rabbits that weren't bred for show don't always look like the breed standards, even if they are "purebred," since the breeder wasn't choosing for specific traits. Not to mention how often people are wrong about their pet rabbit's breed, especially if they are going on what a shelter told them.

What we DO have are some breed or color threads in Photo Philes, and you're welcome to make more. These are just fun threads, where the breed threads are for education. Here are two photo threads:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=21570&forum_id=21
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=21560&forum_id=21

Ah yeah, I guess you're right about those things. I just get kind of like 'Oh... :?' When I look in the breed sections and it basically tells me nothing but show points... I know there were photos at one point (It says something at the bottom like 'Attachment viewed *Blank* times' if there's a picture and it's not there anymore)....Maybe we could work more on getting those photos back, then?

LOL, I know! Clarzoo was starting to work on it but she's been at the ARBA convention and I don't know if she's even home yet. We have to get permission before posting pictures, especially not all breeds are on this forum and it's nice to have photos of the rabbits in show poses. So the pics generally come from rabbitry websites.

Latest posts

Back