For those who've had pregnancies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering the same... Mine hasn't been trying to kill me like before.. just the stretching and sometimes getting angry at Daddy for laying his head on my belly..lol

The baby can be down there andyou not be dialated yet. you can feel thier head, if you push on the outside where your hair line is.(down there, Sorry)

maybe when the hubby gets home tomorrow ill have him push in that area lol shes not in my rib cage like she use to be (thank goodness) i notice most of her wiggles are really down low and if she head down already her feet are kicking in my belly.

i went to the store this morning and got some raspberry tea to try, well to start drink a lot of lol and i looked for the cocoa smoothies tums... i didnt see it again because they were sold out! i asked a lady working at the store and she said they sell out of that flavor very often. so i ended up buying a different smoothie flavor.. but i noticed rolaids makes soft chews and i wished tums would make some of those.

NetherlandDwarf wrote:
well maybe we should change the name to this thread lol i have so many questions.. lol when the baby moves down lower to the pelvic region, the baby is still very much active and kicking and punching right? i dont know if that has happened to me yet? i know it says if you feel more pressure in the lower region, but i always feel pressure lol at the same time i also read this may not happen until labor.
I think at 34 weeks you should be feeling the kicking mostly up top, cause the baby should be head down at this point.

UGH!!!! I remeber the pressure, holy smokes that was so bad, with my second son i could sometimes feel him turning his head once he got in the head down position, it was the wierdest thing. I use to get shooting pains down my cervix, they were no fun.

Just back from the doctor- baby is definately dropped. I know what you mean about the head turning thing.. it's so odd! Other than that, it's hard to sit down on a chair. No cocoa smoothies? Geez... I thought about the soft chews too but I'm just such a pansy when it comes to medicine.. anything liquid makes me vomit but chocolate hardly ever goes bad!!!!

I've started drinking about 3 cups of the tea every day for about 3 days now... we'll see how this goes... I think this thread is going to grow VERY large..haha..

the baby will be in the pelvic area. the area above the hairline.you can feel the babies head down there.usually theres a bump there, you can feel from the outside.Ask your doc to show you. it's neat to know your babies head is right there. I've had 4 babies and the last 2 babies I had lots of problems so I learned alot.

SweetSassy wrote:
the baby will be in the pelvic area. the area above the hairline.you can feel the babies head down there.usually theres a bump there, you can feel from the outside.Ask your doc to show you. it's neat to know your babies head is right there. I've had 4 babies and the last 2 babies I had lots of problems so I learned alot.

wow i am going to ask my doc when i see them next week, im sure they will be feeling and explaining it to me anyways... i am also getting my blood pressure checked this weekend to be on the safe side.

i was reading about the last couple weeks of being pregnant, and there was a thing about membranes i think it was scrapping the membranes that is done through an exam.. omg what is that? is that painful? i think i almost fainted when i read that. i really dont like being poked and stuff down there by doctors just makes me feel really uncomfortable
(i hope that was the right term, my book is in the car, but it was something membranes)

I never heard of that. Cause they do all the testing for stuff at the beginning of pregnancy. And they check you little as possible down there cause of bacteria. So I don't know. Never heard that. You'll have to ask your doc. I miss being pregnant, talking about it. I had my tubes tied and my man cut. Lol.My oldest is 18 so after college maybe grandbabies will be on the way. My youngest is 2.

I think somtimes the midwife may swipe the membrane to induce labour if you're long overdue. That's all i can think of:?

NetherlandDwarf wrote:

i was reading about the last couple weeks of being pregnant, and there was a thing about membranes i think it was scrapping the membranes that is done through an exam.. omg what is that? is that painful? i think i almost fainted when i read that. i really dont like being poked and stuff down there by doctors just makes me feel really uncomfortable
(i hope that was the right term, my book is in the car, but it was something membranes)
I have heard it called stretching membranes, stripping, and swiping, it can only be done if you are dialated, and i am pretty sure should only be done if you are at your due date or past. As far as it hurting i have heard everything from people not even f eeling it and people wanting to die when having it done,lol. My ob did it without telling me, and i nearly flew through the wall, it hurt so bad, i just thought it was the exam so the next appointment i went in and asked why the heck it hurt so bad and she said she was stretching my membranes :shock:. I didnt want it done so i would of appreciated her telling me before hand.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
NetherlandDwarf wrote:

I have heard it called stretching membranes, stripping, and swiping, it can only be done if you are dialated, and i am pretty sure should only be done if you are at your due date or past. As far as it hurting i have heard everything from people not even f eeling it and people wanting to die when having it done,lol. My ob did it without telling me, and i nearly flew through the wall, it hurt so bad, i just thought it was the exam so the next appointment i went in and asked why the heck it hurt so bad and she said she was stretching my membranes :shock:. I didnt want it done so i would of appreciated her telling me before hand.
thats what it was stripping... omg i do not want that done. in the little book that the hospital gave me made it sound it was a normal thing that is done to everyone, but it didnt go into much detail about it...

no stripping here - was 2 weeks overdue with son - now 16 - was given a pessary of prostglandin - probably spelt that wrong. can remember the sudden cold shock to this day:shock::nerves1

honestly the things we women go thru...........

Ugh.. these stories... really make labor sound so "wonderful" lol!

Just hope this little onecomes soon... tired of being huge...

I guess all in their own time, right??

I am so glad i had home births with my last three babies. I found that my midwife was completely tuned into my pregnancy and birth and didn't just rely on routine procedures

If I could do some of my births over, I would do water births. I did all my natural. But I would have loved to do the water thing. Doing it at home scares me but if I could have done it less hospital and in water. That sounds better. To late now, butMaybe I can talk my daughters into it. Lol. ( when they decide to have kids) If their comfortable with it.

I only had a water birth with my last girl. Yhe pool is still in the attic. It was absolutely fabulous. Karla was so calm just after being born. Simply floating in the water...

DyemondRabbitry wrote:

Well i sit here with four kids and would have more if i had the room and money so it couldnt be that bad,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i could do any of them different i would have went without any medication with my third one, it was a real easy labor,lol. With my fourth son i left the hospital after one night, i would have left that day if i could have,lol.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
DyemondRabbitry wrote:

Well i sit here with four kids and would have more if i had the room and money so it couldnt be that bad,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i could do any of them different i would have went without any medication with my third one, it was a real easy labor,lol. With my fourth son i left the hospital after one night, i would have left that day if i could have,lol.
see thats why i envy women like you, maybe this time around will be different and i'll have more of a positive experience. my first one left me traumatized, i think thats why im so freaked out about this & being pregnant etc.. positive thoughts :biggrin2:

Well, labour is sort of wonderful... in retrospect:) I was going to watch Karla's birth video on her first birthday yesterday but conveniently forgot. maybe try and keep the rose-tinted memories:p

Latest posts

Back