Flooding in New Hampshire and New Jersey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
I was just reading about this. I didn't realize until now just how bad it is.

I know we have a lot of members up there. I hope everyone is okay.

Laura

Where Shadow andIare were fine so far , further north ofus is a different story ,theres still 5 people missingand feared deceased becauseoflast weeks flooding . It washorrific how fast teh water rose, not to forget to mention thisis the worst flooding inNH history since 1938 .

We are okay here right now ...lucky enough to beup high, but if you drive just two minutes away it is a totallydifferent story. A neighbooring town actually made it onto CNN thatshow flooded it is .. theyve basically shut down every entrance into it.

and thanks ya for the concern :)

Hi Laura!

So far our neighborhood has been pretty good. Some of the surroundingareas are flooded so we have to keep updated on the road conditions ifwe go out. The local Traffic and Weather Cable Channel keeps us preetywell informed.

However my roof (drip)has(drip)developed(drip)a minor(drip)leak(dripdrip)

JimD wrote:
Hi Laura!

So far our neighborhood has been pretty good. Some of the surroundingareas are flooded so we have to keep updated on the road conditions ifwe go out. The local Traffic and Weather Cable Channel keeps us preetywell informed.

However my roof (drip)has(drip)developed(drip)a minor(drip)leak(dripdrip)
heh heh .. last weekend my parents went up to VT and the geniouses didnot put the tarp over the addition we are putting on. well you canimagine all the water that cam in and my grandmother and i just stuckswitching pots all weekend. I begged them to call someone to put it onand they said nooooooooooo its fine just keep switching the pots.

well...they now have a bowed living room cieling with multiple cracksbecause the water got inbetween the old roof and new floor. they shouldhave listened to me!!

All is well in Point Pleasant, NJ.It's been raining for 8 days, sometimes quite heavily. We areat sea level but since it has been so dry, dry, dry for so long wehaven't experienced any flooding because the ground has been acceptingthe water and nourishing the trees, plants, flowers, lawns,etc. But....if these rainswere to continue we maybe in trouble!

Thank you for your concern!

I'm glad you guys are okay. I hopeeveryone gets through this alright. Now I know what the vetwas talking about. He asked if Tank's new owner was going tobe okay in the floods.

:pray:

We live right next to a river and the rain iscoming down pretty fast and steady but so far so good...Thankfully weare on a slight up hill slope from the river but if we get as much rainas they are expecting we may see the river over flow the banks unlessthey open the damns and flood milford instead. Although even if itfloods the banks here chances are good we will stay dry.... Gypsy'syard is probly squishy but not under water as of yet....

Here in Connecticut, we have river floodwarnings and it has been raining all week long. At my house,we have had 8" of rain and it is still raining! Thankfully,no flooding in my area but in central ct there is flooding of theconnecticut river. I can't wait for the rain to stop... whatdoes the sun look like again?

Sharon

All is Ok in the Seacoast part of NH. We have had alot of rain but it is

soaking into the ground pretty well and staying out of my basement.

I am glad that this is not January because it sure would be alot of snow.

Roger L

:nonono:, Your not supposedto use nasty 4 letter words onthe forum Roger ! , goodgrief I dread winter coming , if itsgoing to be any near like the sumer we arein deep dooo dooo . probablywont thaw out till august.

Quick update on flood statisher in NH , Rivers are High forsure I can see the brook frommy back yard and the water is at the topof it . I can not in 10 years rememberthat part of the brook ever getting that high ,Thankfullythe Rabbits are Highup enough so that unless itraises another 25 ft we are safe ,

The house well that may be subjectto change , if itcomes up antoher 3 ft we may be in a bit of wettrouble , Not sure on Shadows end of theTown , I havent been down thatway as yet , butsheis closer to the flood gates anda bit lower than I am .hopefully they will let downthe boards a bit and takepressure off the flood gates soon , butthen down stream will be impacted furtherand put everyhting downriver in peril , nowin situation for all involved in this state .

Um Yes there are Malo , allthe rivers here including the Connecticut River isin danger o spilling over , as is theSouhegan , and the Merrimack .as a Matter of Fact the one only 5 minutes awayfrom me is in peril ofoverflowing into a culdisack .

I can just imagine how bad it is there... anypropertry near a river here is underwater. The majority of them allcrested this morning.

This is one of the local bridges

5094746_400X300.jpg

this stuff is definately not a joke...luckily we live on the high sideof the lake ...the east bank is completely flooded even with theefficiency of the dam ....

heres a pic. of a local house that was flooded

5101340_400X300.jpg

We have had flooding here in northernct. Last night I was leaving my boyfriend's house and one ofthe roads was washed out and there was a car in the middle,stuck. The water wasn't raging, just moving slowly to lowerareas. I drove through it slowly, telling my car, "Don'tstop...keep going"...over and over. I made itthrough. Other areas in my town are washed out. Thehighway (I-91) I saw today, has a huge section of the right lane washedout due to a mudslide.

Going out to take pics later and will try to post some.

Sharon

P.S. it is 1:19pm on Saturday and the sun is finally outhere....first time in 9 days!!! We set arecord...12.5" of rain in a week!!!

Latest posts

Back