Flemish Giant people

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorbyJobRabbits

Reaction score
I have a black Flemish buck. He's big... but small for a flemish, but he's EXTREMELY solid built, and he is a bit shorter in body then a lot of flemish.

So at the Ohio Mini convention, I have been wanting to pick up Randy a doe to go with our Jerome. One guy had quite a few blacks for sale, some of his senior does were rather small. And so I settled on a kit.

I did notice that the blacks were smaller then the fawns and sandys. I assume this is because the Fawns and Sandy's are the most commonly worked with? Thus are a bit developed more? And that is more of my question. The size difference

Certain traits can be inherited along with color and sometimes it's difficult to separate the two. For instance, if black New Zealands were used to improved hindquarters in the Flemish, the black Flemish type could be smaller (and could also explain the shorter type).

Every black flemmie up there was like that. There was a major size differnce in the fawns, sandys, and one of the gray varieties, compared to the others.

and I could def see the Black NZ in him. Our buck does remind me of an oversized one.

I think I'm logged in under my daughter, as I'm on her computer but I have a buck and doe in black and they are smaller.

What a fantastic thread!!!!! I have a Steel Gray Junior Buck whosis amazing. Such a sweet bunners with a whole bunch of silly personality to match. He is a very big Jr buck. He is 16 weeks old and already about 12 lbs, I will know for sure when I take him to stockton this weekend for his first show. LOVE HIM!!!!
232323232fp733__nu5442_976_255_WSNRCG337_397982346nu0mrj.jpg

232323232fp7338_nu5442_976_255_WSNRCG337_39797346nu0mrj.jpg

Latest posts

Back