Flemish Fever: The Next Generation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne is a MOST handsome boy! (Thanks for the pictures!) And what a gentleman,sharing with the cat! LOL! They are just the best bunnies! (OK, there might be some bias on my part... but I'm not lying!) :biggrin2:

killertheturtle wrote:
Ok so I will post my boy :)
As requested by Tinysmom.

DSC03028.jpg
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOu so much for sharing Bruce Wayne with us. Believe it or not - it helps to see another black flemish on the board and I really do hope you start a blog with his photos and stuff......one of the hardest things about Tiny being gone is not having new photos.....and while I know Bruce Wayne ISN'T Tiny...still yet - I love to look at those black ears and that kissable nose....

:::: sigh ::::

Thanks again.

Peg

I didn't know him but have heard so much about him I have told people about him. :biggrin2:He was something else from what I have read and heard.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
When I think of flemish rabbits, the first one I think of is Apollo. I've told many people about the bunny who loved baseball games and his stroller!

dajeti2 wrote:
I haven't been online for awhile. Carolyn told me there was a new Flemish Fever thread and that Apollo is in it. I just got back online and had to check it out. There's my baby.

Peg, I want to thank you for including my baby Apollo. It's sweet knowing people are still thinking ofhim, so thank you

Tina

Hehe I love this guy already. Also I love his name! Oh my I have alittle black ball of fur called Connor Grayson... Connor after superboy cause he loves to fly, and Grayson after Dick Grayson (Original Robin now Nightwing) because he was partners with the Dark Knight.

101_1055.jpg

Sorry not a flemish but had to share.

killertheturtle wrote:
Ok so I will post my boy :)
As requested by Tinysmom.

My boyfriend and I were going to get him from a breeder about 70 miles away. When we got there, I was overwhelmed with choices, as I did not want one under 3 months old. I knew I wanted a boy, but I could not decide between a fawn and a black flemish. I played with both of them and was just at a loss. Than I sat back and watched the black one; I knew he was the one! Oh and he was born on my dad's birthday! He was 3 months old.
I saw both his parents; his mom was black and his dad was blue. He was the only boy in the litter.
The breeder took this pic of him as a baby.
BRUCEBABY.jpg

Anyway, on the drive home, he sat on my lap the whole time. We decided to name him Bruce Wayne, because he is black and we like Batman. Then when we got home, we realized he was anything BUT stealthy (like Batman is). I was not prepared to have an 8 pound bunny binky and dash through my room. He ran into walls and almost knocked over my tv.
I had him in the superpet cage for three days just to litter train him. My ferret was quite amused.
Picture114.jpg

He was so wonderful; he litterbox trained the same night I brought him home. He also got along great with my cat.
Picture160.jpg

Everything went great with him. He kept growing and growing...
I neutered him at four months, and I was the only person at the vet who he would let hold him.
Five months after that, we moved to Oceanside.
He adjusted very well and is really happy that I have a porch he can have supervised outside time on. He seems stealthier at the new place, as well.
DSC03028.jpg

Here he is about to do a huge binky...
IMG_0411.jpg

Here he is wondering why my cat is in his cage
IMG_0414.jpg

And lastly, him sleeping in his pen.
IMG_0368.jpg

My friends are always impressed when he comes when I call his name and he goes in the pen when I tell him to. They are also astounded that he never poops anywhere but his box. Watching the reaction on their faces when he darts through the room is priceless.

BlueGiants wrote:
Babies anyone?

MGbaby3.jpg

Momma (Beauty) and babies:

beautylitter2.jpg

3 week old baby blue:

tiarababy1.jpg

My Victoria:

Victoria1.jpg

You were who I was referring to in my last post in this thread. You are a cold, cruel woman for posting these pictures, YOUNG LADY! :nonono:

I'm not familiar with Gentle Giants babies, although I'm sure they are gorgeous and she is all-that when it comes to her knowledge of Flemish. :D

All theFlemish on this thread are drop-dead gorgeous! WOW!!

I really believe everyrabbit lover should have aFlemish in their lifetime. They really are spectacular.

Here is my baby boy, Nebula, who is 5 1/2 months old. He just got neutered on Monday, and weighed in at 7 1/2 lbs. He was a riot at the animal hospital, banging on the cage door for attention, running around the cat room, being held by anyone and petted by everyone. I think he almost regretted going home. Nebula is the son of Wabbitdad's Sweetie, from the very suprise litter.

rabbit013.jpg

P1010249.jpg

P1010226.jpg

and Nebula with his brother and sister Atilla the bun and Goliath, the day before Atilla and Goliath went to their new home. (BTW, they are doing wonderful! They have enjoyed getting the run of the Florida room at Dr. Petersons.)
P1010205.jpg

Tell me, why is it that a miniscule two pound dwarf mongrel humane society special rabbit can launch their way up onto the sofa and the rabbit that is nearly three feet long and has feet the size of text books falls off every time????

Teeny, Lilith and Chubbs' baby videos while still at the breeder's :D

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QSpCQeDg0uI[/ame]
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNnGscjTwxc[/ame]
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fb11yUqnipQ[/ame]

Maukin wrote:
Becha that's gotta be a BIG basket.
Well....it is big enough for this...and yes - Ambrosia has a dirty nose. It runs a tiny bit when we have major weather changes...and then she played in some dirt or something...which I didn't see till AFTER the photo shoot...

DSCN2616-1.jpg

Peg

Zeus has that look of tried patience on his face, like "Is she done yet?" "Does anyone see what she is doing to me?" "Can I go now?" "This is humiliating... I'm a grown boy!"

ROFLMAO! :roflmao:

BlueGiants wrote:
Zeus has that look of tried patience on his face, like "Is she done yet?" "Does anyone see what she is doing to me?" "Can I go now?" "This is humiliating... I'm a grown boy!"

ROFLMAO! :roflmao:
Yeah - I have got to give Zeus credit for his patience. It amazes me sometimes how patient he will be with me - considering he hasn't lived her that long.

Tiny would never ever have done this photo shoot. I'd have had photos of his butt as he got out of the basket and of his head and he ducked it into the basket....anything but the photos I'd wanted.

Bless his heart - Zeus let me mess with him a bit and he was like, 'Whatever...it will end soon I'm sure....".

Zeus also forgave me quicker than Tiny would've.....I'd probably still be sitting on the floor w/ craisins or fruit loops begging Tiny for forgiveness.....

Peg

Very different personalities.... Zeus has lived in a shelter... he knows both sides of the coin and probably appreciates all that you do for him. (He knows when he's got it easy! Things are MUCH, much better than before!)

BlueGiants wrote:
Very different personalities.... Zeus has lived in a shelter... he knows both sides of the coin and probably appreciates all that you do for him. (He knows when he's got it easy! Things are MUCH, much better than before! )
That very well may be - I didn't think of that. I figure that he probably got used to NOT being the big kahuna bunny at the shelter - whereby with Tiny, I was able to be the boss when I HAD to.....just never really attempted it for "unneccessary" stuff like pictures.

Zeus had a huge hutch at the shelter - I think it was 3' X 6' or something like that - and he mainly sat the corner of the hutch and watched everything.

He did that here for a bit too - but he's now a LOT more active....I bet he gets at least 3-4 times the exercise he got at the shelter....I can't believe how much he moves around. Compared to him, Tiny would appear to be a lazy bum.

Of course, Tiny would snuggle with ANY doe (except Drew) and Zeus has to keep chasing Theresa away (I still think we're gonna wind up with a foursome as she's determined to be in here with them). So that would explain some of the exercise.

Also - another difference. Zeus has become really good at using his litter boxes......Tiny wasn't good as he got older and became more territorial. I'm hoping Zeus continues to be this good.....

Peg

I just had to let everyone know that Lil Bit has gone to a new home! He is going to be the "Bunny Ambassador" for the county 4-H Farm! They do all kinds of educational work out there and visit schools to teach kids about proper animal care. Lil Bit is going to be the "Rabbit Rep.". He'll get lots of attention and plenty of petting. (They are excellent with the vet care. I know they will take good care of him!)

He was always so special. He was born 3 days after the rest of the litter, the only survivor of his litter after the dog attack.... totally Mr. Personality! I'm so happy for him!

lilbit2.jpg

Latest posts

Back