Flemish Fever: The Next Generation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Way back in 2005 when I joined the forum - there was this thread called "Flemish Fever" and we would bump it whenever someone either got a new flemish giant or asked about flemish giants, etc.

I think we may have had one or two since then (threads that is)....or maybe the original got added to.

I'm wondering if folks who are owned by flemmies ('cause I'm still not convinced that we own them)...would introduce their flemmie and maybe even post a picture. This also includes flemmie mixes.....

As y'all know - I am very partial to flemmies....I love them dearly. I just kind of wanted to have a list handy of flemmies that I could follow on the board for those times when I get homesick for Tiny. I was shocked (and pleased) to see pictures of KillerTurtle's Bruce Wayne...wow...and I see now we have a new member that has at least one black flemmie doe.

I'm gonna start this off with Tiny's picture - may he rest in peace....

This is a picture I didn't show of him very often...but I do like it.

Tiny (aka "The BunFather" & "Mikey The Fish"):
December 22, 2004 - February 3, 2008.

Zeus - Flemish Giant Mix

[line]I'm going to ask that if you've had a flemish giant and they've passed (JadeIcing & Gentle Giants - that means you too)...please share them too. I'd love to have as many colors on here as we've had on the forum.

[line]
I will try to keep this bumped up during this week or two so that we can get folks to add to it - then I will be moving it to PhotoPhiles for future reference....

Peg

Here's my guy:

Photos737.jpg

Photos738.jpg

Photos739.jpg

Photos736.jpg

Photos722.jpg

Here is my bridge bunny Ben. I have to say he is the most wonderful bunny I ever owned, he began my passion for the breed.

003.jpg

006.jpg

OMG Look at little bit!

Cathy, you must keep a blog and start showing us some of your bunnies more often!

I'm so excited to see all these flemmie pictures coming together in one place. Zeus claims I'm "shopping" for a new flemmie and putting together a list for bunnynapping....Miss Bea says if he doesn't start being faithful - she's gonna pick herself out a handsome buck from this thread.

But it honestly does my heart some good to see all these pictures of flemmies in one place.

Peg

Well everyone knows about my fawn Lilith and blue Chubbs :D and thanks to the wonderful people on the forum I'm going to be able to keep them (and Lumi) even though we've hit hard times. (Feeling too lazy for pictures :p)

Hiya Folks!

First, thanks TinysMom for telling me about this thread. :pinkelepht:Flemish are most definitely high on my list of favorite breeds. Don't you get any crazy ideas of Bunny napping, though! :nono

You all have such beautiful babies! I think you should send them all to my house for a Flemish Party. If they feel like going home to you when we're done, then I'll let them go, but should they wish to stay - being coaxed by craisins, love, freedom, the whole 9.

The Flemish Fever thread was always one of my favorites. :elvis2:

Here's my baby girl, Cali. (Nickname: Cauli-Flower) She's the biggest one in the group and by far, the biggest baby of them all! I don't know how Fauna survived without her. She can't get enough of Cali and Cali just lets her do whatever she wishes. Tucker, of course, will still run her down any chance his 4 lb. body will give him. :foreheadsmack:

Hope these pictures work.

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0514-1.jpg

IMG_0512-1.jpg

Sisters4.jpg

Thank you Carolyn for sharing about Cali-girl....I just adore her and have for years. I never considered getting a flemmie girl until Carolyn shared one time how sweet Cali is and how loving she is.....someday, I hope to have both flemmie buck anda flemmie doe....I think that would be so awesome.

Peg

Indeed, Peg. I understand what you mean. I agree, Flemish are unlike any other. I didn't know anything about them until Tina came on here and posted about Apollo. I fell in love with Cali immediately and although I wanted a buck, I couldn't say no once I learned that the family I rescued her from told me she's a doe.

She's still as much a love and a baby as ever. Tucker is so missing out with her. She'd love him like none other if he let her. (Sometimes men can be so Thick!)

Cali is now into sharing the couch with me. She's officially taken Jesse (my boyfriend)'s space on it and will sprawl out so that she takes up 3/4s of the couch. I love it. She will put her head down on my lap and will let me pet her until my hand gets tired - at which time she'll start licking my hand until I start petting her again.

As you can see, she lets Fauna "walk" all over her. There's not a mean bone in that baby's body. Everyone told me that having three house rabbits was a bit much, especially one that's a flemish, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I think Cali was the missing link now that I have her.

Will give them all kisses, but will give Cali extra kisses from you. I know you love her and I can promise you, she loves you too. Thank you so much for remembering our baby!

All the best and kisses all around to every one of your charges. :inlove:

P.S. Zeus is BEAUUUTIFUL!!I'd steal him if you didn't need him so badly right now.

Leaf, I'll take that rabbit! Let's make arrangements right now as to when I can pick up the beast!

Boy, that Lily sure is pretty, where did you get her? Must have been a good breeder! :biggrin2::bunnydance:

Edit to add: Lily is Ben's grandaughter, BTW.

I am so jealous of Lily....I just adore her.

Then again - I adore all flemish giants. I admit it - they steal my heart.

My bunnynapping list keeps getting longer and longer everytime I look at this thread - problem is - I'd need a separate room for each flemish giant...and my house isn't that big!

Peg

gentle giants wrote:
Boy, that Lily sure is pretty, where did you get her? Must have been a good breeder! :biggrin2::bunnydance:

A rabbit like that????

It's gotta be from the best Flemish breeder on this side of the pond...No Doubt!

Latest posts

Back