Flash's Place - 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The song is 'Shining Light' by Annie Lennox.

WOW - you have such a gift with making videos with animals....I LOVE the video you made!

Thanks Peg :) I enjoy making them. They are a great distracion :D

Hey Tracy!
I was thinking about you today... and the Dopeys.

I thought about the Dopeys, and their stories, and it occured to me how funny it would be to get to call a white pair of rabbits the Dopeys.

I probably giggled for a good 10 minutes or so...

See, you brighten my day without lifting a finger!
:hug:

Glad to be of service :D

The Dopeys are a comical pair though, they really are. They were both spayed last year but right now Dopey 1 is having a MEGA phantom pregnancy. Her nipples are HUGE!

Thanks for keeping prodding at me Autumn, it's been really appreciated thanks :)

awh. hope dopey 1 feels more non hyped up homonal bunny ..
hope you are well.
xoxoxo

And so it starts.

We lost Summer yesterday. Today, Dusk is off his food and failed the treat test. I suspect it's his spurs. Last time he had a veyr long recovery and struggled a great deal. This is not good. Back to the vets tomorrow.

I am so sorry you lost Summer. I hope Dusk will be fine. My heart goes out to you.

This is my 8000 post and so for that post I thought I might just say
[align=center]I
LOVE
MY
BUNNIES!
[align=left]
I may not post about them much anymore but they are still the most important things on this planet
, in my eyes
[/align][/align]

So, there is nothing like a change to bring about an update.

So here we go.

Candyfloss and Dusk are now fully bonded, and have been for a month, which is great. I'm really hoping she doesn't divorce him because they really seem to love each other.

We have also renovated our big run/enclosure, and this pair have moved in there. My dad did an awesome job of putting paving slabs down and all sorts, and it really suits them. They are very happy there which is ace.

Angel has his first round of spurs, and is due his dental on Wednesday. Unfortunately, Angel was my main hope for further Flash and Sky-lets, but now, because of these issues, I can't breed from him, and that means that he needs to be neutered, however much it breaks my heart to do this. He will be neutered on Wednesday too, provided he is in ok condition and not suffering spurs backlash.

Related to this, Lightning also needs to be neutered, which means I do have to say good-bye to Flash. He won't be being neutered yet though because of finances and no particular need.

Guess they will have to find some friends once fixed-we shall see.

The Dopeys and Cloud are poddling on as the Dopeys and Cloud do.

Tilly and Roger are also doing brilliantly. They have come together a lot since Summer died. Tilly has jumped out of her shell. My mum has been doing these ones a lot and seems incredibly fond of Tilly and her quirky nature.

With the bonding and the moving of Candyfloss and Dusk, we have found ourselves with an empty hutch/run combo outside. So I moved The Swarming out. They previously lived in my room, but by moving them out I have been able to give most of the buns a lot more space.

They found adjusting quite hard, but they are doing well and the space seems to help them a lot.

Which means that I am left in my room with Sky, Star, Badger and Sandy. Ideally Sandy could go outside because she copes fine wherever she is, but she will only go out if she is going out to a friend, which is the most unrealistic idea ever. Sandy doesn't do friends. The other three will stay in my room until they die.

Last weekend we had a massive overhaul of the NIC cage in my room and have given a lot more space to two cages, and I aim to rotate the buns around, to a certain extent. They all seem very happy though, which is the important thing.

And what is the change?

Well, today I found myself an accidental new foster. His name is Autumn and he is a cutie. He is very young, maybe 5-7 weeks, and is here because the RSPCA are struggling to give him the care, diet and environment he needs, so I can do my best for him. He has wonderful aeroplane ears and is very perky, but understandably nervous.

He was found on the side of the road, in a box, with another rabbit who was dead. He's had a traumatic time and I'm hoping to make it ok.

He is DEFINITELY not staying because I have men coming out of my ears, but he will stay for the short term. We will hopefully get him to a neuter and then he will go back to the centre to be bonded with a girlie.

If the gender fairy strikes then I'd love to keep him and bond him with Angel after his neuter, but I'm sure that won't happen.

We are coming up to a time in my buns lives that I didn't want, and that is soon they will all be 'middle aged', which I hate. I can't bear to think that Sky is going to be 4 soon. With losing the fertility aspect, and with losing the potential for always having Flash with me, I just hope they all live long lives.

So, just thought I would also give a quick update on me. I'm still at the RSPCA, getting a bit more involved now because the previous rabbit knowledgable staff have left, which has meant the new girl has been thrown in at the deep end, so I'm trying to work with her and help her.

I have finished all my therapy and its not worked, so to speak, so what this means for me is that the professionals have no more ideas or options for me. So that means no hope for actually ever getting better. I will be like this, which is pretty unfortunate because I hate being like this.

Physically I'm not too good either. I have undiagnosed bowel problems and I can't allow them to investigate them (because I'm phobic of being sick), and that has meant my blood levels are at 6.2, making me severely anaemic (it should be a minimum of 11.5, under 7 they transfuse, under 5 it can kill you). So I'm struggling against those symptoms, unfortunately too.

I also desperately miss my Little Bud, and am very sad that we lost him and I was responsible. I miss him like crazy.

I am sorry to hear a lot of things don't seem to be working out. Even if you can't carry on Flash's bloodline you may yet find his reincarnation in another rabbit. I do believe rabbits have souls.
Hope you'll find a way through this for everyone's and everybun's sake and most of all for yourself.
:hug1

How cool! I have a coincidental namesake! (well, I AM older than he is :p :D) I need pics please :)
What a horrible experience, poor little guy. I couldn't imagine being stuck with my deceased cagemate in a box:cry2.
I just know he'll gain confidence under your care, Tracy:nod

I am so pleased to hear that you will be working so closely with the new RSPCA gal... she'll certainly learn a lot about bunny behaviour and care from you! What is her background?

Will be sending good vibes for better health in all parts of your body & spirit. You're a tough cookie, Tracy... you shall overcome.
:hug2:

Great update and what a rotten start for your accidental foster. Poor little guy.

I am sorry things are not going better for you right now, but your a fighter and you always come out on top of things.

Dave

I know this is a 2009 blog but I don't have another.

I'm losing Cloud. He's been severely ill for a few months now and has deteriorisated these past couple of days and after a very hard conversation with the vet yesterday, it is now in Cloud's best interested to do anything other than keep him calm and at home because the risk of takingt him to the vet could end his life. We don't think he will have much longer.

He's my baby and its breaking me apart- into a gazillion pieces. i just wanted to share some pictures of him- I hpe thats ok. I've probably share dthem befor but right now I can't upload any new ones. they aren't in any order, just as they come out of photobucket

20090124_92.jpg

100.jpg

Cloud315relaxedwithlonglonglegs.jpg

Cloud42017thAugustallrelaxed.jpg

Cloud350.jpg

Cloud333onChristmasday.jpg

Cloud390cutebunng.jpg

CA8DAJKD.jpg

DSCF2487.jpg

DSCF2411.jpg

DSCF2410.jpg

Cloud45Zoomedin.jpg

And with his Dopey girlfriends- Who have been absolutely incredible

20090124_105.jpg

20090124_108.jpg

20090124_111.jpg

20090124_112-1.jpg

DSCF6991.jpg

I am really sorry to hear about Cloud. :hug:
I love the pictures of him with the Dopeys.

Latest posts

Back