Flash's Place - 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
[align=center]This is just copied from the start of my previous blog given that absolutely nothing has changed!
[/align]
Flash
was my world, and all the bunnies I have now are directly, or indirectly, due to me owning and having him.

[align=center]
Flash101Imquitehappysittinghereitsc.jpg
[/align]
I currently have 14 in my motley bunny crew, and 3 fosters who have wormed their way (in one case, literally) into my heart, house and crew. That obviously takes me up to 17. My days are very busy!

Top of my bunny crew is head of the house, Sky, Flash’s son.

[align=center]
Sky131midrollandlookingincrediblysw.jpg
[/align]
He’s my beautiful boy, or rather, I’m his girl, and no one else’s (he has a VERY jealous streak in him). He is proud daddy to the majority of my buns (8 out of my 14), although it did take a while to teach him what to do and how. He is a bun who sometimes get free range at night, and I often wake up to find him snuggled with me, on my chest, or next to me, and that’s a very nice wake up call, but not at 4am.

Badger

[align=center]
266.jpg
[/align]
‘Instant Badger’ is much more of a puppy than a bunny, and is a complete love bug. Wherever I am, he is, in an instant, and that’s the same for everyone else in the house to, he is just a little less instant. He is very cheeky and gets that definite glint when he knows he is doing something he shouldn’t. When he gets free range in my bed at night-time he snuggles down on my duvet and watches friends, occasionally coming over for strokes, and getting my attention by shoving his face and whiskers in my face.

Sandy

[align=center]
DSCF2435.jpg
[/align]
Sandy is very much Queen, at least in her head, and was not very pleased with the months of mockery she got for growing back her spay hair in a ridiculous pattern, earning her the nickname ‘Tufty baldy’. She is mum to 7 of my crew, and earned herself the right to a life of luxury finally (this is her fourth home). She is now spayed and I intend to bond her with somebun at some point, although so far she is refusing all the options given to her. I think she has had enough bunny hassles and wants to relax in peace!

Star

[align=center]
Star77.jpg
[/align]
Star is one of Sandy and Sky’s children and like Sky and Badger, he thinks I am his and no one elses. Starry Arree is not a fan of being held (although he does like the occasional nose rub) but he loves company and when he is out, if I’m around, he will be found either near my shoulder, or my foot. He’s our little OCD bunny and is the ultimate tidy guy, and is the cleanest of all clean buns. If he doesn’t have his litter tray he puts himself into stasis because he won’t use anything else. Talk about awkward!

Angel

[align=center]
Angel61beautifulpicture.jpg
[/align]
Angel is a spitting image of his granddaddy Flash, although Angel has ‘tears’. He was named after his Angel granddad as opposed to his dad (like everyone else is), because of the uncanny resemblance, right down to the ‘slipped disc’. He is a hyper, manic maniac and as an intact guy (one of only two intact bunnies here) all he wants to do is run and dig and play and mark and poo and scent and then run some more. He’s a very affectionate little guy though, when he stands still. One day he will be very willingly (I’m sure) fathering his own children, Sky’s grandchildren and Flash’s great grandchildren, well, that’s if everything goes to plan.

Lightning

[align=center]
024.jpg
[/align]
Lightning is a mirror of his daddy, sort of, and has very similar traits, but in some ways is very different. He hates being handled (can’t blame him because when he was younger he got his little boy bits ‘munched’ and had to have some uncomfortable treatment) and will tell you with a nip, although just recently I have discovered a stroke on the neck is very much enjoyed. He is SO alive and alert and a right pickle. I don’t think the world is big enough for Lightning, he will always want to explore more... much like most of my buns actually.

Dusk

[align=center]
DSCF7145.jpg
[/align]
Dusk is a very friendly guy, although not right now (he’s been recently neutered and was not happy about that) and is apparently, claustrophobic and loves his run, spending his nights there, even when it’s cold. He has only started to lick me recently which is so cute, but only when he is marking my nose. I would love to bond him with Sandy, but that all depends on Sandy. He has the potential, to be submissive, but we shall see, I guess.

Cloud and Candyfloss (Cloudyfloss)

[align=center]
DSCF2410.jpg
144.jpg
[/align]
Cloud and Candyfloss are my newest pair and are part of my former quad (the other two being the Dopeys). Cloud is Sky’s oldest son, and Candyfloss is my first rescue, and my newest addition. These two together are a complete handful. Candyfloss is a Houdini and is supremely confident (she was found in a back garden, so she probably escaped from her previous home). Cloud is very anxious and until recently (in fact, until he was bonded specifically with her) that anxiety allowed him to be vicious. Since being with Candyfloss he has started to pick up on her confidence, and whilst he is anxious, he is now not vicious, and can still remember that he loves a cuddle, like he did when he was a babe. Candyfloss is a bit of a bolshie girl, but he can handle his women and is not intimidated. They are like the odd couple, but so far, are working well.

The Dopeys

[align=center]
DSCF2590.jpg
[/align]
The Dopeys are two sisters and are basically one entity, doing the same thing at the same time, and always together, they are also, quite simply, the most stupid rabbits I’ve ever met. They are very dependent on each other and I have every intention of bonding somebun/bunnies with them so that when one dies, the other is not left alone because she definitely won’t cope. There were part of a quad with Cloudyfloss for 6 weeks, until Dopey 2 got spurs and Candyfloss decided she didn’t want her around anymore. So now I have to start from scratch bonding the Dopeys with somebuns. They were spayed this week and have done amazingly, after a bit of a dicey start. They are living it up in our living room and are so happy here. They are very peaceful to watch and have a real calming effect. Something else of interest is that they are very vocal bunnies and you can have a conversation with them. They have a wide repertoire of oinks, honks, quacks and more.

Dawn, Sunny and Hope (The Swarming)

[align=center]
Dawn62.jpg
168.jpg
078.jpg
[/align]
The Swarming are exactly that, a swarming. They swarm wherever they are, especially if there is food around. They have been bonded since March and are the last three of Sky’s and Sandy’s children. They are a strange group of buns and they get up to SO many problems. Generally Sunny will find something she wants to do (this normally involves going somewhere she shouldn’t) and she will show Dawn who will get her there. She will then go, and he will follow and when she starts to get cautious, he will take over (sort of like he is too stupid to be scared). Once these two have sussed out what is what Sunny will go and get Hope and they will swarm as a group wherever it happens to be they have gone. Dawn is very outgoing and confident and very, very licky. He creates the most problems, but is not the mastermind. Sunny is quite bright and is the mastermind of most trouble. She hates being handled, but is very affectionate when she knows she is in control. Hope is, well, erm, Hope. He is very quiet, not the brightest, a bit ‘not all there’, and gets very distressed if separated from Dawn and/or Sunny, and together they make up a very good trio. I would love to bond these three with the Dopeys because I think they would be excellent together. This will be my spring project.

So those are my permanent residents. No onto my foster...

[align=center]2008 At A Glance. (A long glance)[/align] 1st January 08- Rebonded the Dopeys and Cloud after a temporary split due to overgrooming.
[align=center]
DSCF6991.jpg
[/align] Sandy is 2!
[align=center]
Sandy136.jpg
[/align] 14[sup]th[/sup] January 08- 21[sup]st[/sup] January 08- Star went into near stasis but we kept him out of it with syringing water, basil water and lots of fresh greens.
[align=center]
Star77.jpg
[/align] 28[sup]th[/sup] January 08- I got my new NIC cage up, and was then able to finally move Hope and Dawn in with each other.
[align=center]
Random41newNIC29thJanuary2008.jpg
[/align] [align=center]
Trio93.jpg
[/align] 29[sup]th[/sup] January 08- Had my RSPCA Interview (this was SO scary).
5[sup]th[/sup] March 08- Sunny and Sandy spayed. Hope does his best to put himself in stasis due to missing Sunny (they lived next door to each other).
[align=center]
Sunny105lookingrelaxedtwodaysaftert.jpg
Sunny1047thMarch2008abeautifulspays.jpg
[/align] [align=center]
Sandy197.jpg
[/align] 10[sup]th[/sup] March 08- Dawn gets pinwormies.
[align=center]
Dawn953rdJune2008Dawnsfirstbirthday.jpg
[/align] 19[sup]th[/sup] March 08- Sandy’s first Gotcha Day.
[align=center]
Sandy218.jpg
[/align] 21st March 08- Sunny finally gets to move in with Dawn and Hope (they had been bonding for months), and the space means Sandy can move into my room.
[align=center]
Trio58.jpg
[/align] 23[sup]rd[/sup] March 08- Badger’s first Gotcha Day.
[align=center]
266.jpg
[/align] 1[sup]st[/sup] April 08- Sweep is 9!
[align=center]
Sweep104.jpg
[/align] 8[sup]th[/sup] April 08- Sweep gets diagnosed with a tumour in his gut.
[align=center]
Sweep175.jpg
[/align] 16[sup]th[/sup] May 08- Star and Badger had a fight, Star ends up on anti-biotics.
[align=center]
DSCF7106.jpg
[/align] 22[sup]nd[/sup] May 08- Sweep lost the battle with his tumour.
[align=center]
Sweep397.jpg
[/align][align=center][flash=320,256]http://uk.youtube.com/v/kJb_4Fu7y7U[/flash]
[/align] 3[sup]rd[/sup] June 08- The Dinkies are 1! And not so Dinky!
[align=center]
124.jpg
Star129.jpg
Sunny7025thDecemberMerryChristmasSu.jpg
151.jpg
Hope746thMay2008.jpg
Dawn77.jpg
109.jpg
[/align] 25[sup]th[/sup] June 08- Dopeys are 2!
[align=center]
DSCF2575.jpg
[/align] 30[sup]th[/sup] June 08- Got my first foster bun Harley.
[align=center]
Foster1Harley15.jpg
[/align] 2[sup]nd[/sup] July 08- Candyfloss, my first rescue rabbit, comes home.
[align=center]
Candyfloss21.jpg
[/align] 3[sup]rd[/sup] July 08- Candyfloss has cystitis after her spay (it was not picked up at the centre).
[align=center]
Candyfloss7.jpg
[/align] 7[sup]th[/sup] July 08- Harley goes to his new forever home.
[align=center]
Foster1Harley68.jpg
[/align] 17[sup]th[/sup] July 08- Cloud is 2!
[align=center]
Cloud42017thAugustallrelaxed.jpg
[/align] 28th July 08- I was lucky enough to meet Polly and her hubby when they came down to collect their new bun Hercules :D

10[sup]th[/sup] August 08
- Dawn and Star have fight, Star needs baytril, AGAIN.
[align=center]
StarandDawn119thAugustveryrelaxedbu.jpg
[/align] 16[sup]th[/sup] August 08- Quad (Candyfloss, Dopeys and Cloud) finally move in together.
[align=center]
Quad61.jpg
[/align] 17[sup]th[/sup] August 08- 2[sup]nd[/sup] foster bunny, Summer, arrives.
[align=center]
Foster2Summer108-08-20.jpg
[/align] 18[sup]th[/sup] August 08- Summer goes to the vets, she has bad urine scald, is obese and recovering from mites. She is now on anti-biotics.
[align=center]
044.jpg
[/align] 19[sup]th[/sup] August 08- 24[sup]th[/sup] August 08- I end up involved in a situation with a lady and her remaining rabbit, and have to find the rabbit a home. The rabbit goes to bond with my first foster Harley, and finds her forever home there.
[align=center]
08-08-2013bunnylovehappening.jpg
[/align] 27[sup]th[/sup] August 08- Hope’s stomach blows up. Goes to the vets, has gut slowdown caused by spurs.
[align=center]
Hope857thSeptember2008Hopespoorlytu.jpg
[/align] 1[sup]st[/sup] September 08- Hope has his spurs burred down.
[align=center]
Hope517thDecemberbinkyingalong.jpg
[/align] 2[sup]nd[/sup] September 08- Summer is spayed. Roger is neutered.
[align=center]
038.jpg
[/align] 5[sup]th[/sup] September 08- Third foster Roger, arrives. He is vet checked and he has an infected testicle so he goes onto anti biotics.
[align=center]
Foster3Roger36.jpg
[/align] 11[sup]th[/sup] September 08- Roger starts to hand feed (whilst a seemingly small milestone, it was huge progress).
[align=center]
Foster3Roger12.jpg
[/align] 12[sup]th[/sup] September 08- Summer has post spay complications and develops a lump behind her spay wound. She goes on antibiotics and long term pain killers. We keep her out of stasis, just, by feeding her grass. Baytril does not work, so Septrin is used and this eventually works.
[align=center]
Foster2Summer61.jpg
[/align] 27[sup]th[/sup] September 08- Quad divorce. Dopey 2 has a seizure. They end up as the Dopeys as a pair again, and Candyfloss and Cloud bonded as a pair.
[align=center]
018.jpg
049.jpg
[/align] 29[sup]th[/sup] September 08- Roger and Summer fully bonded
[align=center]
Fosterpair118.jpg
[/align] 2[sup]nd[/sup] October 08- Dopey 2 goes to the vet, has spurs.
[align=center]
Dopeys301.jpg
[/align] 6[sup]th[/sup] October 08- Sky is 3! The old man of the house.
[align=center]
Sky488.jpg
[/align] 7[sup]th[/sup] October 08- Dopey 2 has her spurs burred down (we had to colour them because the surgery couldn’t tell the difference, unsurprisingly).
[align=center]
Dopeys292.jpg
[/align] 14[sup]th[/sup] October 08- Fourth foster bun, Tilly, comes home.
[align=center]
056.jpg
[/align] 17[sup]th[/sup] October 08- Summer, Roger and Tilly fully bond and move in together.
[align=center]
059.jpg
[/align] 21[sup]st[/sup] October 08- Tilly has first Convenia injection.
[align=center]
059-1.jpg
[/align] 22[sup]nd[/sup] October 08- Badger is 2!
[align=center]
Badger21110thNovember.jpg
[/align] 30[sup]th[/sup] October 08- Summer chokes and nearly dies. Rush to vets, and oxygen followed by diuretics save her (hankfully she coughed up the pellet herself, so they just had to deal with the excess fluid and saliva she was producing), then she is on a course of antibiotics to prevent any sort of lung infection.
[align=center]
Foster2Summer58.jpg
[/align] 11[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Dusk is neutered and The Dopeys are spayed.
[align=center]
Dopeys311.jpg
Dusk104.jpg
[/align] 13[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Summer’s tapeworm idenfied (thanks to Angieluv).
[align=center]
Foster2Summer56lookingreadytojump.jpg
[/align] 14[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Tilly starts a solid run of Convenia, having weekly injections. She learns new skills all the time and it does wonders for her. Summer, Roger and Tilly have first Droncit injections.
[align=center]
Foster4Tilly8.jpg
[/align] 18[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Inside buns have their first Droncit injections.
20[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Outside buns have their first Droncit injections.
24[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Fosters go for their second Droncit injection.
28[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Inside buns go for their second Droncit injections.
29[sup]th[/sup] November 08- Something wrong with Cloud’s gut.
[align=center]
Cloud418.jpg
[/align] 1[sup]st[/sup] December 08- Outside buns go for second Droncit injections. Cloud identified as having spurs.
5[sup]th[/sup] December 08- Cloud has his spurs burred down.
[align=center]
021.jpg
[/align] 8[sup]th[/sup] December 08- Hope has runny eye, started on anti biotics.
[align=center]
Hope84.jpg
[/align] 10[sup]th[/sup] December 08- Star started on same antibiotics as also has runny eye.
[align=center]
Star123comingoverforafuss.jpg
[/align] 18[sup]th[/sup] Decemeber 08- Star goes back to the vets because the antibiotics don’t work, so are given a different type.

So that took us to the end of the year.

[align=center] Bunny Statistics
[/align] Bunnies started 2008 with- 14
Bunnies ended 2008 with- 14 + 3 fosters
Bunnies lived here during 2008- 19 (15 of mine, plus 4 fosters)
Bunnies died here- 1
Bunnies born here- 0
Bunnies gained- 1 permanent resident, 4 fosters (3 remaining)
Living situation at start of year- 12 singles, 1 pair
Living situation at end of year- 2 pairs, 1 trio, 7 singles, 1 foster trio

[align=center] My RSPCA Statistics
[/align] Rabbits helped rehome- 41, plus my very own Candyfloss (that number is weird because very few buns actually go as singles, most go as pairs).
Pre Adoption visits done- 41
Post Adoption visits done- 29
Home visits passed- 52
Home visits failed/not acceptable- 18

Rehomed bunnies (some of them)
Penguin (left) with her new bonded husbun Minstrel
[align=center]
08-03-271Penguinlopwithhernewfriend.jpg
[/align] Guiness (left) and Tony
[align=center]
08-04-091GuinessandTony.jpg
[/align] Derek (left) and Sugar
[align=center]
08-04-131DerekandSugar.jpg
[/align] Tanya (left) and Annabel
[align=center]
08-04-218TanyaandAnnabelintheirnewh.jpg
[/align] Houdini (left) and his new girlfriend Daisy
[align=center]
08-05-105HoudiniandDaisy-1.jpg
[/align] Liquorice (right) and her new boyfriend Bracken. These two are particular special to me because Liquorice’s new owners couldn’t bond them and were seriously considering returning her, so I bonded them and now they are both happily bonded and Liquorice will be staying in her forever home.
[align=center]
08-05-152.jpg
[/align] Tulip (she has a new boyfriend, Blaze, who is not in the pic)
[align=center]
08-05-294.jpg
[/align] Snowy (right) and Lola
[align=center]
08-06-042SnowyandLola.jpg
[/align] Xena and Xola (Lola’s daughters)
[align=center]
08-06-103.jpg
[/align] Zorro (right, Lola’s son) and Rose
[align=center]
08-06-271ZorroblackandRosetri.jpg
[/align] Frisk (centre) with her very new friends Inca and Leo (she was bonded to an old boy called Bob who sadly died, but her owner had Inca and Leo and wanted to try for a trio, it worked excellently. This was their first bonding session).
[align=center]
08-07-092bondinggoingwell.jpg
[/align] Violet (she has a new husbun called Fudge)
[align=center]
08-07-096lookinginbeautifulconditio.jpg
[/align] Patch (who was renamed Ralph, and bonded to Alphina)
[align=center]
08-07-183PatchfromDanaherinhisnewho.jpg
[/align] Ghost (right) and Babe
[align=center]
089.jpg
[/align] Mario and Pepper (who knows which is which!)
[align=center]
004.jpg
[/align] Ruby (who has a new husbun Tigger)
[align=center]
059.jpg
[/align] Harley and Floppy
[align=center]
DSCF8513.jpg
[/align] Mouse (second picture) and Russell (half domestic, half wild)
[align=center]
095.jpg
096.jpg
[/align] Coco (who had a girlfriend who was caught by a fox and should be getting a new bunny friend at some point in the future, pending the new owners making the appropriate adjustments)
[align=center]
101.jpg
[/align]

Looking back at 2008 we had a pretty stressful year with many minimal things going wrong (spurs, mainly, but the fosters contributed a LOT with their problems), but we only had one mega problem, and one loss of life. That far exceeds what we did in 2007 where we tragically saw 4 losses (although we did also see 7 babies).

This year things have really changed here, and I'm starting to fele really good about the care my rabbits get and everything I am able to give them.

I'd really like to see 2009 bringing our transition time to an end, and for us to get stable (although that rarely happens with buns, and once you get stable things need to change again, for whatever reason). All my buns are heading towards middle age and it would be nice to get all the bonding in spring sorted, and to have everything just right.

Ideally I would obviously like to lose none of mine, but would be happy to lose the fosters to a fandabby home (but obviously gutted if I lost anybun, be it mine or a foster), because then I could take in more. I have my eye on a pair at the RSPCA who, if they are not homed by the end of this year, will come to me.

ETA- The blog from Nov 2008- End Dec 08 can be found here, Flash's Place

That's some busy year! Your buns look all very happy. The love you are giving them really shows in the pictures. Hope all your bonding plans work out for 2009.

I love the way you have started this blog :)

Do you mind if I do something similar in mine? - Just tell me if you don't want me to, I don't mind... Obviously mine won't be as busy as yours as I have only 3 buns but LOL...

I think Dopey 2 looks so cute with the green on :D

Happy New Year Tracy hope you got my text :)

Of course that's ok Becca :) I did get your text, sorry I didn't text back, but Happy New Year to you too :) I hope it's an ace one for you (and everyone else obviosuly too).

Summer has been getting extra feeds.

This is how she ate tonight.

[align=center]
[/align]

Aaaah, what a little piggy:) My Lint would often try and hop into the bag if I'm foolish enough to pour the food in front of her. Getting it out of the bag makes it so much more interesting. Cute little bunny butt.

It was Sandy's birthday yesterday. I tried to get this on last night, but youtube was unco-operative.

She got a special 'breakfast' at 8pm :p and she very much enjoyed it.

[align=center][flash=320,256]http://uk.youtube.com/v/POl9SeE4pEE[/flash]
[/align] [align=center] [/align]

I don't know why there are so many videos but I can't delete them out. Tis random, but in a blog with 'momoments' in the title, maybe it's allowed.

AH! sorted (When I wrote it, for some reason, there were three videos there, lol).

Flashy wrote:
Of course that's ok Becca :) I did get your text, sorry I didn't text back, but Happy New Year to you too :) I hope it's an ace one for you (and everyone else obviosuly too).
Thanks, you have really super ideas, and don't worry about not texting back :) As long as you got it :)

Flashy wrote:
It was Sandy's birthday yesterday. I tried to get this on last night, but youtube was unco-operative.

She got a special 'breakfast' at 8pm :p and she very much enjoyed it.

[align=center][flash=320,256]http://uk.youtube.com/v/POl9SeE4pEE[/flash]
[/align] [align=center] [/align]

Awwwh :shock: So cute, hope she had a super duper birthday :D

This is a very small warning, lol. I went to the docs today and have gotten a fresh prescription for a new antidepressant. Normally when I start anti depressants they make me very ill (both physically and mentally) and he has said I can use the anti psychotics he prescribed me on Wednesday if I feel really bad. They will slow me down and knock me out (not sure if anyone will remember/know but they are the same tablets that Kerry Katona takes and did her very awful This Morning interview under the influence of) so if I post garbage, or am not around, or whatever, that's why.

So sorry, you are having such a rough time at the moment. I hope you are able to make it through without the extra prescription. My mum used to be on anti-depressants, sedatives and other things to counter act the effects of those drugs. It's not easy. Still even if you're shlurring your posts I'm sure people will still want to read them and particularily keep updated about the bunnies. Look after yourself, Sabine

One of my fosters, Summer, is not right. She saw the vet this morning, and he agrees. She has lost a bit of weight (2.3kg to 2.15kg), and has a boney spine. She is completely fine in herself though which is the most important thing.

She's going in on Thursday to have a small lump removed (which she has had since I got her in August but the RSPCA would not remove), X-rays and blood tests. I'm paying for all this out of my own pocket because I want to know she gets the best care.

This girl may 'only' be a foster, but over the last few months we have gotten so close. She went through a horrid spay and post spay complications and I used to sit with her, and she would seek me out and put her 'affectionate paw' on me.

She choked in October and I was horrified to face losing her. I always had this lovely idea that I could find her and her two bond mates the perfect home, but when she arrived I always felt she would die here. I'm desperate for her to be healthy and have that wonderful life in her perfect home, but if this shows up anything then she will stay with me, right until the very bitter end (her and her two foster buddies).

I love this little girl so much. She's 'my girl' and I always just wanted her to have the best, which if she is healthy, would be a home where she could have all the attention in the world, but if she is unhealthy the best place is here (otherwise the RSPCA will euthanise her).

I'm just very gutted for her, we have come through so much (obesity problems, mites-both of which she arrived with- spay issues, choking and then a tape worm) and it seems so unfair for her to have to face this now. I had a bun who had a tumour last year and we brought him home and gave him 6 wonderful weeks until we knew it was time. It was so hard to do that, and it feels too soon to do it again, but if I have then, then I will. I'm scared for her.

ETA- sorry if that's waffly and not understandable, I haven't eaten since Friday and my brain is REALLY fluffy.

Also this is cross posted from another site because I don't have the energy to rewrite it.

I am so sorry to hear about your worries with Summer. It's hard to not get attached to a bunny especially if you have been through a lot with her already. Hope it'll go alright and whatever happens she'll continue being a happy bunny.
You're fantastic caring for your buns in that way.
P.S. the post wasn't waffly at all:)

Blerugh, sorry, this is going to be about me because I have no where else to vent this right now.

I'm having a panic. I am on the disability living allowance. I get highest care (because I need help to keep myself safe) and lowest mobility (because I often need someone to come with me, especially when going to a new place, yes, the wonderful anxiety).

I got a phone call today and on Monday I have to drive to somewhere an hour away and find a place in a hospital ALL BY MYSELF and I'm absolutley panciked about it.

I very rarely go out of my comfort zone and when I'm in my comfort zone I can do things by myserlf. God I hate being so pathetic.

The place I have to go to is a Priory Hospital and it's for an assessment for outpatient therapy (which will start the day after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I have a lot of mixed feleingd about this therapy. I've already been told it's going to have liited success for me, and then I was also told that out of all his patients my doc says I am the one with the most insight into myself, so therefore I worry this will even be less useful than it might have been. I'm also very stressed because this is my one and only shot and what if this doesn't help me, or get me to a place where I can actually function. Then what? I'm stuck like this!

I don't avwe anyone I can properly discuss this with, who knows about this sort of stuff, becsause everyone thinks its an amazing opporunity, and it is, but that doesn't mean it doesn't provoke less than positive emtoions.

I need to get this right and make it work, but if I don't I have failed everyone.

I'm absolutel petrified and my mind is going nbuts. I know that is probably due to not having any fuel in my brain and everyting gets worse when you don't eat and stuff but I can't eat and either way I'm ancious.

This is complete garble but yeh, I've got myself in a very successful state, lol. I think I need to go and chill and have a bathor hoover or something. orry.

It would be great if someone could come with you on the day. If you haven't eaten properly for so long and then being anxcious on top of it it can hardly be safe to drive. (Not that I want to freak you out even more) Couldn't the hospital sent someone up to fetch you or something. They might be understanding.

I didn't quite get what type of therapy it is since there are so many different ones but I'm sure it's worth giving it a shot and even if it doesn't work it doesn't mean it's the end of it for you. I am sure there are always new options and opportunities. I hope you find some way to make it out to that place safely.

Sabine

Latest posts

Back