Finally... Real Bunny Bonding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
Okay, I know I don't post on here much anymorebut I had to share this with someone and my poor hubby is just tootired. Work has just been tearin into him the last fewweeks.

Anyhow... tonight is the"celebrated" Haloween here since the real one is falling on aSunday. They encouraged "trick-or-treaters" to go outtonight. Well.... since it was just me I decided to take oneof my dogs (Ginger, since she's the only one I trust with the rabbitscompletely... I think she's more afraid of them than they are of her)and Pigeon outside to sit on the porch with me and hand outcandy. Pigeon was the BEST. She had her littleleash on and I had her in her basket at first, though she hopped out ofit pretty quick. She was AWESOME! I actually endedup putting the dog back in the house because all the kids in custumeswas freaking her out. Pigeon, however really showed off andwas being outgoing and letting everyone pet her without fuss!

I was amazed... in thehouse they will both come up to me now if I'm sitting on the floor withthem... but normally they just check me out to see if I have treats andthen scamper off when they find out I don't. Now... here's the reallyneat part. After sitting outside for probably half an hourshe decided all the sudden that she wanted to be as close to mom as shecould get.... finally even trying to jump in my lap! I was soshocked! She has never EVER tried anything like thatbefore. Well... she missed, so I picked her up and put her inmy lap but didn't hold her so she could get down if she wantedto. She stayed there... eventually I had to get up because myrear was freezing. I put her back down and walked around alittle with her....and when I sat back down, 5 min later she triedjumping in my lap again! We sat and cuddled and she even gaveme lil tiny bunny kisses for another 45 minutes at least until thehubby got home from work. I just couldn't believe how sweetand calm she was being. Real progress from 6 months ago whenwe first found them running the streets a week before Easter!Tramp still has a ways to go... and honestly I think he gets all theloving he wants and maybe more from Pigeon so I doubt he'll ever be toocuddly, but Pigeon was definitely being lots of fun tonight.I'm just so excited.... I was begining to get discouraged beforebecause neither of them wanted me to touch them really beforetonight. Now I know there is still hope and that maybe tryingout little new things would be okay. Anyhow.. thanks forlistening/reading my news. I've got pictures on film now thatI am going to try and drop off this week for developing. Somefrom FL after Hurricane Ivan and a LOT of bunny pics.Hopefully they turned out okay. Night guys and HappyHalloween!

-Cheryl

Don't you just love how those lil guys and girlshave an uncanny way of expressing their love or emotions to us JUSTwhen we want to snivel at them "WHERE'S THE LOVE????" That is truely afantastic story Cheryl, thank you for sharing-just goes to prove thetheory that with buns it takes time, time and a side of patience on ourpart. For the rewards, or payback is priceless!!

Cher, Jezebel and Jaden :)

Great story!

Never thought of having my bun help with the Haloween candy. Tonight mydog entertained all the kids (he loved it) but poor Cupcake missed outon all the trick or Treating! Maybe next year!;)

Latest posts

Back