Fiber content in pellets...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
I have been noticing that the poops of myflemish giant Ben are being consistantly strung together with hair likea necklace. I have been trying to entice him to eat more haybut am not having much luck, and also have been adding papayatablets. I went into a local feed store today and theownertold me that a friend of hers that has rabbits had thesame problem and switched to Heinold 17-19 wool formula rabbitpellets. She swears by this feed and hasn't had any problemswith her rabbits since. Does anyone know if this is a goodfeed and if this is good advice. I bought a bag and it is quite a bitmore expensive than the purina that they are used to.I putsome of it in Ben'sbowl and I got the Butt, so Iquess thats his opinion on the subject. Here's a pic of Benand his girlfriend Zoe enjoying the Purina chow that they hope I putback in his bowl.:)

08-24-05.jpg

Heinold is an excellent feed. I usedto use Show Formula 15-20. The breeder that I had gottenTucker from swears by it. She's been in the rabbit breedingfor 20+ years and has Numerous trophies for her charges.

-Carolyn

That picture is adorable. They're bothbeautiful. Hope Ben gets back to normal soon. Atleast you know the hair is coming out. Better out than in.

Laura

We use Heinold Family Formula, which is 17%crude fiber, for our Flemish. If you suspect a problem withBen. the wool formula is excellent. Ionly feedHeinold, I don't care if it's more expensive.Weshow as well as breed, and my rabbits do very well on it. Itcan be difficult to get, and a lot of people don't like the fact thatit is a high protein food (17% protein), but I prefer it for the rapidgrowth of the Flemish.

Mix it with his Purina and switch him gradually over 7-10 days. :heart:

I wish we could get different brands of pelletsup here. All I can get is the stuff from the local feed store that has16% fiber at the maximum or the expensive junk petstores sell.

Oh well, luckily my boys love hay.

Latest posts

Back