Feelings on these treats?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo14

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1398538592.260437.jpg

I saw treats like these at walmart and I'm just wondering about other people opinions! Are these bad for bunnies or fine?

I don't give mine any shop bought treats like these. I do buy dandelion and hay cubes but prefer to feed them craisins or dried papaya or other natural fruits sparingly if I feel like treating them. They go crazy for banana but only get a very small amount a couple of times a week.

We give ours a treat in the morning and one in the evening. Too much of anything, even water is bad for you in large amounts, so moderation is the key. To those of you who disagree, here's a quote from Dr Dean Edell--"you can exercise hard and eat right all the time and you'll ad 2 to 5 years to your life, but it will be a boring life". He goes on to suggest moderation in all things rather than abstention. I know my bunnies enjoy them and even look forward to them and we had one live to be a few months shy of 16, so judge for yourself. At walmart, we also get Croissants, healthy bits, and they have an apple treat that looks like a Raviolo. No matter what you do they will grow old and leave, so we just want them to be happy, healthy and have a great life while they are with us.

I would look at the back of the packaging before buying commercial treats.One every once in a blue moon I would think is ok but for me that fancy package screams unhealthy(maybe I am just a health nut). I would prefer dried fruits or small quantities of fresh fruits to that.

Hahaha, Glazed doughnuts...
I think store bought treats are often bad, full of rubbish... I'd suggest you try fruit or pellets!

They make those things look good to the humans who buy them, but rabbits just care about the taste so I personally give my rabbits dried fruits because I think they are a healthier treat.

Latest posts

Back