feeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume what you should do is decrease the amount they eat at each feeding but continue 2x feeding. After all, adult rabbits usually are fed twice a day.

I've always heard it's not good to make a rabbit eat less than they want. I know that certain things aren't healthy in excess (for example treats, fruit) but greens and hay (I guess pellets too, but someone else can tell that better than me about the pellets) can and should be available at all times. They won't make the bunny fat. It's important for a bunny to chew even to keep their teeth healthy.
As far as I know, bunnies know when they've eaten enough, my bunnies always had a lot of veggies and pellets available, and water of course. I think even decreasing quantity could be a bad thing..
it's my opinion..

Keep them at twice a day, if they are not hungry they won't eat, you are not forcing them. Once their eyes are open (only a few more days to wait, then they can see mama and go to her.
Are they allowed in the cage with her now or do you keep them separate?

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear 2 babies died... :cry1::cry1::cry2:cry4::in tears::rip:
I wouldn't know what to say about their diet .. sorry I didn't understand the situation before

Back