Favourite veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raspberry: oh yes, I am not giving him spicypeppers. The green peppers are a little sweet but the rabbit does notlike them anyway.

He is shedding a lot so when I pet him, I wet my hands a little, this way most of the fur is left on my hands.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
About the greenpeppers...there may be some confusion along these lines.Green BELL peppers are usually very sweet, there is no spice tothem. It is varieties of chilipeppers thatare spicy.
Yes! There was some confusion! lol

Might even handle chili peppers for all I know. The hottestsauce we could find did not prevent Missy from chewing ourdining room table's legs after it was smeared on fullstrength! Duct tape finally stopped her, after mostof the damage was done.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:

Might even handle chili peppers for all I know. The hottestsauce we could find did not prevent Missy from chewing ourdining room table's legs after it was smeared on fullstrength! Duct tape finally stopped her, after mostof the damage was done.

Buck

Heh! Bet that made her one hot-cross-bunny! :D- Jan

I find Water melon and Grapes go down a treat.Especially grapes which get eaten whole :S. Apple, Pear, Orange insmall doses, dont honestly know if its good for wee little Barney, buthe loves the stuff none the less. He is also quite partial to a wee bitof Hobnob every now and again :p.

Kale is one ofthose garnishes they put on your plate at restaurants. People stilllook at me funny when I say I want a "Bunny Bag" ;)whenthere's a piece of it on my plate.

Also, if you have dogs as well asrabbits, beware of raisins and grapes. Even as few as seven can betoxic to canines.

Lissa, bunnies can have green peppers they arenot hot, that is the red peppers that are hot Greenpeppersare high in vitamen C. Anna S if your bunnieate a bit of it continue feeding just a bit to her if she will eat itsince its good for her

To prevent wool block feed your bunny papaya and/orpineappleas both fruits have natual enzymes in them(bromelainand papain) that aid in digestion and work to break down accumulationin the tummy. Pineapple must be fresh not canned and no sugar added

As far as giving just fruit and no veges, that can cause thebunnysintestinal bacteria to become unbalenced resulting inslower motility and succeptibility to furblock.

bunnies need hay for fibre to keep the bowels working. Timothy hay isbetter than alfalfa because rabbits excrete calcium in their urine andalfalfa is very high in calcium which could cause urinesludge.it is ok for baby's up to 6 months

Buns should havelots and lots of dark green leafyvegetables... carrot tops, kale, collards, dark lettuces,brocolli,etc..

carrots are actaully high in sugar and should be considered treats

blueberries are high in antioxidents and cherries prevent inflamation,bunies usually love these. Cherry pits are poisenous to bunnies soremove the pits b4 feeding

Iceberg lettuce is not good for buns but cabbage is very dangerous.

Just to add, as far as I know, no seeds or pitsof fruits are safe. For example, apple seeds (and many others includingpits) contain cyanide! Which means seeds and pits are actuallyposionous to even us but if we ingested them, it would not harm us aswe are much bigger.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Just to add, as far as I know, no seeds or pits of fruitsare safe. For example, apple seeds (and many others including pits)contain cyanide! Which means seeds and pits are actuallyposionous to even us but if we ingested them, it would not harm us aswe are much bigger.
:)

Back