Favourite veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaS

Reaction score
What vegetables do rabbits like?
I think my rabbit was only used to lettuce and carrots when I got him, maybe parsley also.
I tried giving him broccoli, but he did not seem to like it.
He tried it a little, but did not finish, even while being hungry this morning.

Should I give him green pepper?

Don't feed your rabbit lettuce. Itisn't good for them. I don't usually give my bunnies freshvegetables, but rather fresh fruits...bananas! They love'em! :D

Lettuce is probably the worst vegetable you can give to a rabbit.

Unless it's spinach or a nutrional type oflettuce, there really is no point to giving a bunny regular lettuceunless you want it to get diarrhea.

Somebody help me out here. This is just what I've been told.

Lettuce not good for Rabbits???? What!!!! My rabbit loves it,

If you want a rota heres mine.

Sunday - while making sunday dinner throw in half a carrot. But only each sunday no more.

Wednesday - i give my rabbit lettuce and a few trats, don't want to overload them on sundays.

Once per month - give an apple slice or Bannana, whichever they like,keep it to the same date as the rabbits will look forward to it.

I have worked out my Rabbits approx birthdays. One is around the 1stFeb, the other around the 1st April. So i have decided to give thm aReabbit cake on the first of March, and a piece of fruitonthe first of each month.

Of course they love it. But if wegivethemeverything they want to eat, they wouldn'tbe very healthy. Per the above article, lettuce is not goodfor their digestive system.

If lettuce is bad for them and carrots are high in sugar, what should I give him?
On one website it said that cabbage is not good for them too.

They say it is not good for them,but it is ok to give in small amounts.

This is straight from the article:

Lettuce – it is a common myth thatrabbits need lettuce. Yes they will eat it but it is harmful to theirdigestive system so should be avoided.

Some salad leaves are OK, but lettuce is not agood thing. I think it has a high water content (esp. iceberg) and cangive them diarreah(sp). Veggies and fruit can be high insugar, and are best fed sparingly. My two love brocoli, parsley andpear, but will try most things :D

Jan

For some reason, Lenci won't eat any type ofvegetable besides carrots. I gave her cauliflower and a pieceof broccoli once and she looked at me like I was crazy. lol

I have only ever fed very leafy letuce, very softand had no problems. They are as happy as larry munching away and arefine after. I really don't know what the big deal is???

Yeah, mine has no problem with lettuce, I triedgiving him broccoli, but he does not like it or does not know you aresupposed to eat it.

I'll try to limit his lettuce intake.

Is green pepper bad for them?

I have a list given by my vet, who is also listedin the Rabbit house Society. She also said green leafyveggies are good for them. Don't give iceberg lettuce, butromain and dark green leafy veggies are good.

Also on that list was green pepper. I haven't tried ityet. I've been slowy trying new things. She lovesRomain lettuce, carrots, brocolli, califlower, cilantro, green pea podw/o the peas. Always in small portions especially when tryingsomething new to see how it reacts to their system.

thanks for your replies
I gave him dried papaya yesterday, he liked that a lot, of course its sweet. I think papaya made him drink a lot of water.

Latest posts

Back