favorite brand of litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of litter do you use?
*We use horse bedding pellets that we get at the local feed store - I think it's called Tres Amigos...but I'm not positive. A 40lb bag is about $5 and it lasts for a long time! We've switched our ferrets and cats to using it too. And it absorbs great!!! (undergunfire, our local bunny guru, suggested it ^_^)

What size/type of litter box do you use?
*We picked up a cheap "new kitten starter kit" at the local BigLots, it came with a smallish pan, and a scoop - which works great.

How often do you clean it out vs how many bunnies you have?
*We have one bunny, and we clean his box twice a week. The pellets we use break down when wet, so we can't scoop, we just toss out the whole thing and refill it. But it's so cheap to start with we don't mind :)

Do you put their food right into the box?

*We don't put his hay anywhere near his litter box. He seems to like his litter area very seperate, so we keep it that way.

i use carefresh but only in the litter pans which i have 2 in the cage and 3 in the pen. i take out the wet carefresh every day and every 3 days i change the whole pan. although liffy usually picks only 1 pan in her cage and 1 pan in her cage to pee in. the one by her hay feed is a big cat pan and i put her bowl of food in the pan itself. her hay, water bottle, and bowl are all reachable to her when she's in the litter pan. the rest of the cage floor is plastic. she never pees on it and starting tonight she's not pooping on it either. however she still poops in her pen and on doug....lol

ADEE wrote:
Yesterdays News, it's been my favorite by far compared the everything else I'vetried.
I'm not sure, maybe about 1ft x 1ft? It's the biggest rabbit rectangluar box they had at Petsmart.
I have two rabbits, and I dump it out about everyday because I have this grid thing on top that collects the droppings, but I clean it really good about every week.

For litter: I use shredded newspaper. Very cheap and easy to come by.lol Dana and I were using Yesterdays News for the buns and ferts but that was getting used up too fast and wasn't very cost effective for us. We switched over to the wood stove pellets, but our little buns hated that but they love the paper.

Litter Box: Just a medium sized corner box inside the cage and a plastic drawer from a cheap storage bin that I cut the back out on for their litter box in the living room. The ferts use this one too even though they have 3 more of their own scattered about the apartment.LOL

Changing: every other day.

I have a hanging hay ball over their litter box that they can reach while they are in their box or outside of it. Their food dishes and water are on the other side of the cage. I also have a large water dish and hay rack in the living room area.

What type of litter do you use? We use several layers of newspaper topped with plenty of hay.

What size/type of litter box do you use? We use plastic cat litterboxes - they're probably 12" x 16"

How often do you clean it out vs how many bunnies you have? We have a bonded pair and they have two boxes in their room. I change out the boxes every 1 1/2 days (maybe 2 days sometimes) and they get fresh hay morning and night.

Do you put their food right into the box? No, alhtough they eat the hay in their litter box. We put their pellets and greens in a different spot in their room.

Martha, Biscuit & Roxie

Equine fresh. Its the equivalent to Woody Pet. 30lb bag for 6 bucks which is amazing, it lasts a LONG time!

High back litter box

1 rabbit. Cleaned out 2x a week

nope.

Back