Fair Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOOOSKA wrote:
Yes one day I really must get to a Fair. Besides food what else goes on at them?

Susan:apollo:

Usually, all sorts of games and rides like at an amusement park, just not the intense ones. Sometimes, sporting events. One of ours here has boat races. Also, you can just walk around and watch the people:D. There are also bands at some, music in the beer garden, things like that. Sometimes they also have stands with all sorts of jewelry, clothes, artistic things, etc.

Some have animal shows, like with pigs, cows and sheep. One of ours also has truck pulls (you need earplugs for these:shock:).

I love the fair! Our state fair has amazing cream puffs. They are HUGE and SOOOO good! I also love cotton candy :)

It's interesting tolearn whatpeople in different areas of the country and the world callthe same foods. "Little tubs of chips drenched in tomato sauce" made me laugh.If you hadn't written "ketchup and fries?" I never would have put it together that that's what chips drenched in tomato sauce was.

Only in Alaska can you get bacon wrapped scallops and beer battered halibut at the fair ;)it kicks but.

I really like cotton candy and caramel apples :)my boyfriend had a buffalo burger at the fair this year (ours ended 3 days ago...) and he thought it was pretty good.

mmmm fair food :biggrin2:

zeppoles!!! (aka: fried dough w/ powdered sugar sprinkled (or dumped) on.

zeppoles.jpg

funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake

Can't get enough of that funnel cake!!! I am CRAZY about it! And I don't like it with fruit on top, either...just give me that yummy funnel cake and powdered sugar!! YUM!!

funnel_cake_plate.jpg

+

Rosie

=

HAPPY MOMMY!!!

Why don't we have fairs here? Oooooooooooooooh I just remembered I did go to one many many years ago. But it wasn't as fun as yours are though. But they did have funny fluorescent tainted chickens. :p

maherwoman wrote:
funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake funnel cake

Can't get enough of that funnel cake!!! I am CRAZY about it! And I don't like it with fruit on top, either...just give me that yummy funnel cake and powdered sugar!! YUM!!

funnel_cake_plate.jpg

+

Rosie

=

HAPPY MOMMY!!!

No FaiR! Now I feel like driving to the nearest IHOP for funnel cake.

Here's an easy make at home recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_20681,00.html

maherwoman you took the words right out of my mouth - I was going to write that.

Funnel cake, zeppoles, call it what you will. Gimme some fried dough with powdered sugar on it and I am a happy girl!!!! And if I still have some room left, I'll have a pretzel.

Hehe!! I wish I could find more places around here to get a fresh one. Granted, we do live a decent distance from the Santa Monica Pier...where they do make them fresh...and they're WONDERFUL! So, I guess I have it better than most folks?

Anyway...yes...fried dough with powdered sugar on top...mmm...

And a nice butter pretzel to finish it off...WONDERFUL!! :D

EileenH wrote:
maherwoman you took the words right out of my mouth - I was going to write that.

Funnel cake, zeppoles, call it what you will. Gimme some fried dough with powdered sugar on it and I am a happy girl!!!! And if I still have some room left, I'll have a pretzel.

This thread makes me hungry. I just can't believe the prices nowadays. The corn dogs run $3.50 for a small or $5 for a large, and the pretzels are 4 bucks!

this thread DOES make me hungry!

CORNDOGS (only the jumbo size...why skimp when you're at a fair!)

curly frieds or the thinly sliced potatoe fries w/ cheese and good seasoning mmmmm

no one has said and elephant ear!!!

Latest posts

Back