Eye see you

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.25", nice. Anyone know what the breed standard is for ear length? (Pam, Tamra?)

Thanks for asking your friend. I want to know what theyare. He didn't have them before. I noticed them afew weeks ago. They are right at the base of his whiskers.

babydoshia wrote:
7.25", nice. Anyone know what the breed standardis for ear length? (Pam, Tamra?)

Thanks for asking your friend. I want to know what theyare. He didn't have them before. I noticed them afew weeks ago. They are right at the base of his whiskers.

Just read that the minimum ear length is 5 3/4. Other than that theyshould just be in balance with the rest of the body. Murphey is justbeautiful. How old is he now?

Fergi's mom

Thanks Fergi. Murphy is 6 months old.

I inspected Murphy's "bumps" some more. It lookslike they arent really skin or anything, rather just fur that happensto be longer making it look like a bump. Since it's only furI know it's nothing to worry about but still, what is it? Isit just something that happens in some rabbits, like a dewlap?

-Madelon

Carolyn wrote:
Buck Jones and JimD-

I must see this Monty Python movie that you speak of. Buck hasmentioned it a few times. After reading Jim's quote: "It's got fangsand claws! Run Away, Run Away!", now my curiosity is peaked.

What's the name of that movie?

-Carolyn
It's from Monty Python'smovie "The Holy Grail"

I believe the correct quote was: "He'll bite your headclean off!" "It's a vicious rabbit with large, sharp, pointy teeth!":shock:

wickedcoolstuff_1820_119186983

One of my sons andmy brother in law love that movie! They love "Robin Hood, Men InTights" also. I am only slightly amused my that kind ofhumor....but for those of you who love it, more power toyou!

Raspberry

babydoshia wrote:
I inspected Murphy's "bumps" some more.It looks like they arent really skin or anything, rather just fur thathappens to be longer making it look like a bump. Since it'sonly fur I know it's nothing to worry about but still, what isit? Is it just something that happens in some rabbits, like adewlap?

-Madelon

Hi Madelon,

I didn't forget about you. Kathy was busy with the holidays,of course, but she just got back to me about the bumps. Shesaid,

"I think what you are describing is normal ... perhaps a slightly"inflamed" (may be two strong a word) hair follicle. I've felt bumps onthe face around the whiskers... sometimes it is the "root" of thewhisker... other times it seems to be the "root" of a "clump" of furthat is ready to come out."

Fergi,

I can't believe Diva's ears are almost 7". :shock:

JimD,

Thanks for getting back to me about the movie. I'll look itup.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back