Excited behavior around cats.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratsorizzo

Reaction score
My cat Cookie has been known to jump into his cage and investigate. This time two nights ago I got to see it first hand.
Shaggy (The Rabbit) went right up and inspected her. (Yeah like animals do.)
Anyway, Cookie is still standoffish and she took off like a bat out of hell.

Shaggy then started doing something I haven't seen. Excited and doing laps around his cage.
I would have been alarmed but he seemed to be just ecstatic about the encounter.
Is this normal?

My buns got excited when my cat would come around because it means cuddle tim and my cat (mia) has taken them to be her own. i would assume its normal..

Not neutered right? He's thinking she's his girl. That's pretty typical excited hormonal boy bun behavior, and they won't always care who or what they are 'interested' in, including you. Good thing she took off when she did :p

Don't be too surprised if you suddenly see him starting in with marking behavior, including flinging his pee around the room. I'm assuming you won't be too excited if he starts up with this, so if he does, neutering is usually the best way to fix it. I have read of some people being able to train their intact bucks to stop, so that may be an option too if you don't want him fixed.

Latest posts

Back