Everyone needs a himalayan (the breed, not the color)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where the himmi falls on the activity level spectrum? Our new boy is VERY active :D He is very interesting, but I don't think I could handle two house himmis...at least not right now! Anything that has a higher energy level is definitely probably NOT on my future-breed- to-own list! HEHE :D He is a baby though, so we will see how he levels out and don't imagine some monster bouncing off the walls or anything. I am just used to having two lops who sat in the same space all day and moved to eat and potty LOL

Id say they are medium level activity.

Mini Lops being low energy
Himis probably medium energy
tans are high energy

:D

Yea, I'd say Himalayans are probably medium activity level or a little lower. Young ones are moving around, curious...but as they get closer to 1 year they'll settle down more.

That's awesome! Why didn't anyone tell me before I got my little shy boy? :( guess I should've signed up for this forum earlier! :}

:roflmao: That's too funny! Better watch out, little himi is going to be up to trouble in no time :) And I bet he rubs off on Charlie. I can just see Charlie being his little buddy in crime, following himi everywhere, and himi getting both of them into lots of trouble!

Well gosh! Now I want one, lol! :sunshine:

Bing has started to shed out heavily and his egg is coming in darking and filling in more. He is also shedding out the smut on his face. In the past two days his smut went from solid to this marbled look with the new white showing through :D

IMG_1053-1.jpg

Man he is looking nice!! his ear base looks like it will come out really clean! Nice egg too maybe a little blunt but wide and dark! Do you have pics of his boots and front feet?

I will try to get some :D He is so hoppity LOL He is so energetic it's hard to get him to sit still! How should I practice posing with him? How would be best to teach him to sit still during posing. He definitely wouldn't bite but he might try to make a run for it after a while if he started to get bored!

my frank is a himmie and i love him to death :) could be a more perfect little rabbit. :) in the process of bonding him right now and he is just too cute :) i like knowing that thats a trait, must of lucked out because he kind of just "fell into my lap" when we got him :)

you are in luck! there are videos on youtube! Here you go

how to pose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G1B53OXGTo

and how to evaluate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wZayDGR6w

try a little at a time and dont let him sit for very long after the first couple of trys. Lengthen the time he has to sit there more and more as he goes. My friend would always rub inside their ears to get them to calm down and stick their ears up.

Last edited:
The posing video pretty much covered it! It isn't complicated but it just takes practice to get your bunny to stay posed. The judge will sometimes get two Himmie's out to compare them so it really helps if your guy can hold the pose for a little bit.

More progress today. Bing was all about the snuggles this morning, so I snapped a few pics for you guys :D

We also practiced posing, and he got it right away. Handled it surprisingly well! I expected him to be very resistant. I'm guessing he and his breeder probably practiced a little given he was well socialized. He has a dream top line. His weakest point would be that he flares out a little at the hips a little like a brood doe :D HAHA I hope that changes, but we will see.

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_9150-1.jpg

Last edited:
I seriously fear if I had my own litter of himalayans that I would just end up with a warren of rabbits because I couldn't let their sweet little faces go!

Latest posts

Back