Enjoy every moment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. We are going to B&Q today, my Mum has always wanted a fruit tree in our garden so we are planting one just above where he was buried, so he can contribute to growing us lovely fruit that Lottie and us can enjoy :) :hearts :brownbunny

Oh no...I just went to your blog a few moments ago and when I saw your last post, was in shock. I'm so sorry that you lost William. It hurts so terribly to lose them, especially when it wasn't expected; and many times I expressed the same thing as you...that putting one's heart into loving an animal, only to lose them all too soon, is just too painful, and I would vow to never have another. But time does help with the pain, and you will find that throughout your life there will be those who are drawn to you, either because they are in need, or perhaps you are in need and they come to help you...or both.

As I sit here typing this I had the oddest sense that William knew he had to leave, and he guided you to Lottie, as he knew you would need her, just as she needed a loving home. I believe she was his gift to you for loving him so deeply.

Binkie free, William...you'll have some pretty neat friends over there at the Bridge, all waiting to play and laze in the sun and munch on the tall, cool grass...

(((Hugs))) to you, pinksalamander...:hug2:

I'm so sorry. It must be even more difficult to lose him so suddenly. I think your idea of burying him under the fruit tree is very sweet. Hugs to you, your family, and Lottie.
:rainbow::pink iris:

PS it might not be bad to take her to the vet--she may be carrying something from the shelter that made William sick. Also, like Haley said, there might be some poisonous plants around. :hug:

It is easy to cast blame. I went through this recently withthe loss of Peter. I was so focused on my own human problems and Smitten's illness that I failed to see Pete was sick. I'm starting to reconcile myself to the fact that it wasn't my fault or Smitten's. I didn't really even blame her. Time does heal.

Sorry for your loss. William could have had something going on and just could no longer hide his illness. Rabbits do that.

Oh my gosh, I just saw this... I was reading through Peg's thread and had to do a double take when I saw what she mentioned about Will...

I read your blog a few days ago and thought what a lovely cute bunny he was. I don't think I got round to commenting, but it's true, he was gorgeous.:hug:

I'm so sorry, what a terrible and sudden loss. It must be so painful, I can't imagine... Binky free William, you were very much loved and cared for, and will be very much missed...

:rainbow:

Jen xx:pink iris:

The same thing happened to my bunny. It's absolutely horrible when they just slip away. I cried, I screamed, I beat my head against the wall. And then I accepted it. All within a day or two. Because he was happy when he died. He died straight after I let him run around in the backyard for the last time. I thought he was getting better. But he wasn't. But there was nothing more I could have done, and I guess it was just his time.

I read this last week. Pat posted it, on the second page. It made me cry all over again.

No tears of sorrow did he shed,
There were not sins to be forgiven,
He closed his eyes,and went to sleep,
And opened them in heaven.

That is horrible. it must have been awful to hold him when he was cold.

Rest in Peace William.

:pink iris::rip:

I've now learnt the importance of keeping a hot water bottle in our house - i've never had one so we had to borrow it to keep him warm!

A few days have passed now. I'm still horribly upset but i do feel loads better. I feel quite good actually. When i wrote that it was about 20 minutes after he had died.

Today me and my Mum were discussing maybe getting another rabbit. I know it is soon but it wouldn't be for quite a while. I was saying that i didn't want Lottie to be alone all her life like William was. We will probably be looking into another rescue rabbit in the next few months.

Thanks everyone :group:

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Oh Fran, I am so sorry to hear this awful news. I was just thinking I wanted to check William's blog to see how he was doing...I had no clue :(

He was a beautiful boy and Im sure he knew how much you loved him every day. You treated him like a little prince- he was so lucky to know you.

Youre in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*

Haley

I am so very sorry to hear this, Fran. I didn't really know You or William, but I can tell he was a much loved bunny. Your story touched my heart, and the little poems and quotes that everyone wrote made me cry. I lost my dear Ollie a few months ago, so quickly...like the way you lost William. It was a helpless, gut wrenching, broken hearted feeling and I hope that you find yourself healing soon.

Binkie Free, William bun bun... you may wait at the rainbow bridge, but your life here on earth lives on inside the hearts of those who loved you most.:rainbow::bunnyangel2:

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news...William was just such an adorable little boy

Rest in peace little one

Cheryl

Back