Elliots New Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure what that is. But it will have his name on it.:biggrin:

I'd looked in various catalogs for large bird perches with no luck, though with a 5-lb rabbit it'd have to be a corner perch. If your friend is interested, he could start a little mail-order business.

bunny500: like a car race, running fast around in big-as-possible circles

Coolers: the cold things you put in a freezer bag/cooler to keep the food cold.

Most of us with larger-than-dwarf rabbits look for cat things to use.

Elliot wrote:
I was also thinking he might enjoy one of these~
newmsbs22012008.jpg

It's called a betta bed, and it attaches to the cage the same way as the platform perch. Like this~
jewelsvalentinesday2012007.jpg

Keep giving him bird items, I'll get him to fly yet!!:biggrin:
Your bird is beautiful!! Reminds me of toucans and those are my absolute favorite!

LakeCondo wrote:
I'd looked in various catalogs for large bird perches with no luck, though with a 5-lb rabbit it'd have to be a corner perch. If your friend is interested, he could start a little mail-order business.

bunny500: like a car race, running fast around in big-as-possible circles

Coolers: the cold things you put in a freezer bag/cooler to keep the food cold.

Most of us with larger-than-dwarf rabbits look for cat things to use.
The people I know do have websites and do quite well in the bird community. They don't sell to places that would put it in catalogs. Most of those items would be made in China. These are small businesses, that make the items.Two are in Canada,one in Illinois,the last one is in Delaware. One makes them from pine and handpaints them with food based paints, one makes flagstone perches..I bet a bunny would love them as they would be cool to the touch, one makes them from natural rounds of willow and birch. Not sure what type the other wood is, but I will be contacting them to ask.
Thanks for answering those questions. It's funny when you join a new community and try to figure out what they are talking about...lol.

melbaby80 wrote:
Your bird is beautiful!! Reminds me of toucans and those are my absolute favorite!
Thank you. That is Jewels. She is the smallest in the toucan family, known as a green aracari.:biggrin:

She has a fan! :party0002: Never seen her kind before. I used to work at the Lincoln park zoo in Chicago when I was younger and would visit the toucan there, he would always come flying to the very edge of his habitat and stick his beak through the metal strings. He'd follow me back and forth. So beautiful, he was my absolute favorite.

She makes the coolest sounds. She has videos, you can look me up on youtube- shebaheartly or look for "jewels green aracari".

Latest posts

Back