ECuniculi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed. sounds like a bad vet. especially since (as randy said) panacur doesn't really even help with EC (didn' t know that) and the tilt is more likely to be an ear infection anyway. i think you need a better vet. sorry that this is so difficult.

This is the waythings are with the vets in in my town....

they think they know it all and they don't want to learn anything new partcularly from a "layperson". This isn't necessarily a "bad " vet but a vet who learned rabbits at some point inhis/her life and the learning ended there.
This has happened to me many times with vets here

made me very depressed and upset :(
it's possible that a person in the UK from this forum could guide you to someone who is more open to different ideas about rabbits.

In terms of Panacur if Rosie is improving then continue to give it to her. it is my understanding that it helps some rabbits but not all and is not a cure-all for ec.
many vets are just plain afraid to use anything but the enrofloxicin (baytril)or ciprofloxicin on a rabbit because they clump all other drugs as too hard on the GI system of the rabbit. This isn't true necessarily as all drugs must be used with caution and properly dosed but manyvets are afraid of all but the least potent drugs.

At least she has improved to some degree and that is the mportant thing so now maybe you can go vet-shopping and we will continue to help you ....

I am sorry- it sounds like your vet is being a know it all and is not willing to learn. I think you need to bring your bunny and money elsewhere!

Is clinics anywhere in these listings that might be of new interest? (There are five pages, I think the top paying listings get to be on the first page so there are probably more on page 2-3 etc) I guessed your location so hopefully it is correct.

http://www.yell.com/find/s/Agriculture/Vets/UK/West-Midlands/Birmingham,-West-Midlands

Latest posts

Back