Ecotrition snak shack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ape337

April
Reaction score
Warning: to anyone with bunnies that have sensitive tummies.

All 3 of my bunnies have these as a toy. They enjoy them but having researched further into them I have found other bunny owners mention that they cause gas.

Freckles has been battling tummy issues lately (info in another thread). He had severe gas. He's been doing well for several days now with a special diet and meds. Yesterday we moved him back to the room he shares with Faith. Today I noticed a relapse in his fecal poos. I suspect it is the snak shack. The only change in his diet is that and a willow wreath. He had the snak shack before and I returned it to him 2 days ago. I believe there is a very high sugar content in this product that is wreaking havoc with poor Freckles. Needless to say I took it out. So if I notice him return to normal I know this product is to blame. My other 2 buns are fine but I will be taking it away from all of them.

I should have known not to give them a product containing "golden honey", but I hope my experience prevents someone else from the same issue. I will update this thread as soon as I see a change in Freckles. :(

i just wanted to say that a few years ago when many pet stores around here
started carrying snak shaks i was interested in them at first.

however, i did some research to see if they would be safe for a bunny.
the product contains cedar and pine oils which i do not believe are safe for
rabbits. Many have said that the cedar and pine shavings should never ever
be used with rabbits. So im pretty sure that its not a good idea for buns to have these.

I have an eco-something-or-other (ecotrition? I'm too lazy to go get the box) log from walmart for mine that I started taking away for most of the day when this thread was first started and they had just started chewing it like crazy instead of not chewing it at all... just found the box today and looked at it - #1 ingredient is pine shavings. I'm kicking myself for somehow failing to check the ingredients sooner - that thing's going in the garbage. how the hell can you market something as "100% edible" for bunnies when the first ingredient is pine shavings??

I used to buy those things for my hamsters ALL the time. They LOVED them. I never had a problem with it. I have not bought it for my rabbits yet and now will not be buying it for them.

Latest posts

Back