Easter Bunny Ad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooze247

Reaction score
So I was looking just bored and seeing the different colorings online for mini rex colors and I came across a website selling easter bunnies. I clicked on the ad and the description was unreal. I have never seen such lies and misleadings. Here's the ad:
$30
Breed: Lops and Dwarf Breeds
Hand raised Easter bunnies! Many different breeds available. Some include: Mini Lions, Holland lop, Polish, Mini Magpies, and mini rex. All are very sweet and have been handled since day one by kids. No scratching or biting. All will stay small in size and can be litter trained. I also have some that are available and ready to take home now. They like to be toted around. Great with kids. Price depends on bunny. VERY easy to care for. Call, txt(fast responses), or email(will get slow response). Beth 517 294 4956
http://www.domesticsale.com/classifieds/a636721.html

I love the "They like to be toted around" more like most hate to be lifted off the ground especially by small children. Just thought I'd share.

Hey it's the season. Easter means Bunnies or Chicks. I would never sell any bunny as an "Easter" Gift or "Christmas" Gift unless I knew the pet parents.

You will see more and more of these ads as we get closer to Easter. Before you call the SPCA or animal control, I would look into this person. Don't assume just becase an ad looks strange that there is something going on. Could go either way, but make sure before you point the finger.

It's a sad fact that people purchase around these holidays for their children. And yes some are very successful, but most end up being forgotten or surrendered.

K :)

Wow..I would definitely say that 90% of bunnies dont like being carried around and some arnt good for kids either. That person is lying to get her bunnies sold and thats just sad! Poor bunnies.
But yeah, I have been seeing these kinds of ad's starting to pop up the closer we get to the holiday. I really dont think its right but there isnt much anyone can do about it

The buns in the pictures look very young. At least in PA, not sure about elsewhere, there are laws against selling rabbits too young.

I've had people tell me the pet store told them the rabbit would stay small......it grew up to be a flemish giant!

I was just looking around on Craigslist and I just knew this add was going to be bad news based on the title but I got a nice surprise instead.

Spring is in the Air,Bunnies Chicks and Duckies

Date: 2012-02-29, 10:08AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN GETTING YOUR SPRING FARM PETS

Rabbits if cared for properly and can live to 10- 15 or more yrs old. Not all rabbits are dwarfs and can get large. They are a commitment like any other pet. Bucks males spray quite a distance and have a strong odor. Does spray also, just not a frequently. Spay and neuter cost upwards of 200 - 400 depending on sex and vet.
The right sort of rabbit can bring joy and years of fun. A longhair would be nice for someone who loves to brush hair as the do need attention. Rabbits do well with a litter but excited rabbits have been know to jump around in excitement and spray.

Ducklings / Geese 10-20 or more yrs and are quite messy because of the required amount of water they drink. They just expel geat amounts of liquid, they do NOT need a pond. Waterfowl need clean water deep enough for their bills to submerge totaly. This can be accomplished by a bucket.
Ducks and Geese can be fun and you can get a few eggs a year for the hens but hens are loud at times and neighbors might frown upon them Geese most often love to talk also.

Chickens are fun and help with bugs and give eggs but remember if you get a rooster your neighbors may not like his sometimes all day crowing. Roosters love to talk.

Children get bored quickly with pets just like new clothes or anything else when the novelty wears off so you as an adult will most likely be the sole caregiver of any pet purchased for a child.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY CALL:
A HATCHERY, MANY ARE ONLINE AND WILLING TO HELP.
YOUR FEED STORE OR
YOU MAY ASK US A QUESTION ONLINE
OUR WEBSITE IS http://pinfeatherpoultryhaven.webs.com/ OR CALL/TEXT/MESSAGE 434-202-9045

Reputable breeders usually don't sell rabbits within a month of Easter, except to people they know already have a rabbit.

I went to the ad site & told them why I thought this ad should be removed. If other people report this, it MAY get removed.

Here is the breeders website "www.littlebunnyblessingsrabbitry.com" My favorite part is when she says that one of the reasons you should buy direct from her is because her rabbits have not caught any HUMAN VIRUSES! Total moron!

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Here is the breeders website "http://www.littlebunnyblessingsrabbitry.com" My favorite part is when she says that one of the reasons you should buy direct from her is because her rabbits have not caught any HUMAN VIRUSES! Total moron!

Takes all kinds to make a World and never be surprised. Go with your heart and definitely research the breeder.

People like this make me laugh. No wonder bunnies are completely misunderstood. Such misinformation out there, and this breeder is a complete example of what NOT to do.

K:)

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Here is the breeders website "http://www.littlebunnyblessingsrabbitry.com" My favorite part is when she says that one of the reasons you should buy direct from her is because her rabbits have not caught any HUMAN VIRUSES! Total moron!

So they've been handled by humans since day one, per the classified ad, but have had no opportunity to catch anything from humans. So I guess the humans who handled them were wearing hazmat suits. lol

My first house rabbit was when I was a kid. I was told she was going to be a dwarf and was full grown when I got her. I was 12 and didn't know better. She turned out to be an american chinchila and a very big girl.

I have learned so much about rabbits since then. I can't believe all the mistakes I made (didn't spay or bunny proof well etc)

eclairemom wrote:
I was just looking around on Craigslist and I just knew this add was going to be bad news based on the title but I got a nice surprise instead.

Spring is in the Air,Bunnies Chicks and Duckies

Date: 2012-02-29, 10:08AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN GETTING YOUR SPRING FARM PETS

Rabbits if cared for properly and can live to 10- 15 or more yrs old. Not all rabbits are dwarfs and can get large. They are a commitment like any other pet. Bucks males spray quite a distance and have a strong odor. Does spray also, just not a frequently. Spay and neuter cost upwards of 200 - 400 depending on sex and vet.
The right sort of rabbit can bring joy and years of fun. A longhair would be nice for someone who loves to brush hair as the do need attention. Rabbits do well with a litter but excited rabbits have been know to jump around in excitement and spray.

Ducklings / Geese 10-20 or more yrs and are quite messy because of the required amount of water they drink. They just expel geat amounts of liquid, they do NOT need a pond. Waterfowl need clean water deep enough for their bills to submerge totaly. This can be accomplished by a bucket.
Ducks and Geese can be fun and you can get a few eggs a year for the hens but hens are loud at times and neighbors might frown upon them Geese most often love to talk also.

Chickens are fun and help with bugs and give eggs but remember if you get a rooster your neighbors may not like his sometimes all day crowing. Roosters love to talk.

Children get bored quickly with pets just like new clothes or anything else when the novelty wears off so you as an adult will most likely be the sole caregiver of any pet purchased for a child.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY CALL:
A HATCHERY, MANY ARE ONLINE AND WILLING TO HELP.
YOUR FEED STORE OR
YOU MAY ASK US A QUESTION ONLINE
OUR WEBSITE IS http://pinfeatherpoultryhaven.webs.com/ OR CALL/TEXT/MESSAGE 434-202-9045

I love this farm! I went to their website and they have a whole section about how if you have a farm pet that you no longer want you can bring it to them and they will keep it. So even though they sell easter pets if those pets don't stick they have a safe loving place to take the animal and not just leave it in a park to fend for itself. This farm is a complete contrast to the original ad that I posted about.

Latest posts

Back